Flight delay and cancellation compensation, Jet2.com ONLY

Options

Comments

• Vauban
    Vauban Posts: 4,736 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    NA: You could try a letter to the court in the first instance, enclosing a copy of the judgement. It may not require a N244 form or whatever to get the case relisted.
  • NoviceAngel
    NoviceAngel Posts: 2,271 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks Vauban, yes indeed I was looking at the N244 after googleing !

The wording of the stay was very specific..
    4. Further to the defendant and/or it's legal representative notifying the Claimant and/or his legal representative of the decision of the Court of Appeal on the Defendant's application for permission to appeal and/or, should permission to appeal be granted, the determination of the appeal thereafter, the Claimant and/or his legal representative shall request to the Court, within 28 days of notification, that the stay be lifted otherwise the claim shall be automatically struck out.

I'll try and hold back my enthusiasm and patiently await contact from the birds, it will be interesting to see if they now start treating claimants with the respect and legitimacy they deserve.

Regards,

NoviceAngel
    After reading PtL Vaubans Guide , please don't desert us, hang around and help others!

Hi, we’ve had to remove part of your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
  • Vauban
    edited 12 June 2014 at 8:49AM
    Options

I'll try and hold back my enthusiasm and patiently await contact from the birds, it will be interesting to see if they now start treating claimants with the respect and legitimacy they deserve.

Regards,

NoviceAngel

So long as you meet the Court's deadline - you have 27 days and counting to apply to the court before your claim is struck out. (Im not sure that you can argue you haven't been notified of the result, as you clearly know it!)
  • NoviceAngel
    Options
    Just to help others, after speaking to the Court, no formal N244 is required, just a letter/email to the Court and the case can be sent to the Judge for directions.

* Thanks to Centipede100 for his advice on this.
    After reading PtL Vaubans Guide , please don't desert us, hang around and help others!

Hi, we’ve had to remove part of your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
  • NoviceAngel
    Options
    As I posted in the Huzar thread:-

HOT NEWS!!

2birds are requesting that cases "REMAIN STAYED" pending the outcome of the Supreme Court!!!!!

Words fail me...

Where's that dark room again ?

• JPears
    JPears Posts: 5,086 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options

Regards,

NoviceAngel
    Really? Those must be very rose tinted spectacles you're wearing.....:D
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
  • NoviceAngel
    Options
    JPears wrote: »
    Really? Those must be very rose tinted spectacles you're wearing.....:D

You're not kidding, just putting my objection to a further 'stay' together. Just when you're getting all excited, some bird paps all over you.

• JPears
    JPears Posts: 5,086 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Like my car today..... :(
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
  • Mark2spark
    Mark2spark Posts: 2,306 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Vauban wrote: »
    So long as you meet the Court's deadline - you have 27 days and counting to apply to the court before your claim is struck out. (Im not sure that you can argue you haven't been notified of the result, as you clearly know it!)

I read the wording to mean that the stay lapses after the 28th day of the (Huzar) CoA being announced?
    Unless *the defendant* applies for something else instead.
    Not the claimant.
  • Vauban
    Options
    Mark2spark wrote: »
    I read the wording to mean that the stay lapses after the 28th day of the (Huzar) CoA being announced?
    Unless *the defendant* applies for something else instead.
    Not the claimant.

Then you read it very wrong;)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport