My wife's gone mad! (And now I know why!)

Options

Comments

• poet123
    poet123 Posts: 24,099 Forumite
    Options
    Tropez wrote: »
    Yep, I'd totally pay for that if it was available here.

I see it's currently up to 152Mb on Virgin. Now ya see, I don't need that.... wouldn't stop me though :D

oooh, why did you tell me that? It is a good job my DH hasn't seen that or we would be on that!!:D
  • Takeaway_Addict
    Options
    London50 wrote: »
    Word of warning, I have been married for over 50 years and know that it NEVER changes. You married her, just learn to live with it as it is not going to change :0(

London50
    ha ha nice
    Don't trust a forum for advice. Get proper paid advice. Any advice given should always be checked
  • splishsplash
    splishsplash Posts: 3,055 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    marisco wrote: »
    Hmmmm how to break this to you gently.....

Is there any chance you might be hearing the patter of tiny feet in the not too distant future? Early pregnancy and all those raging hormones can turn otherwise normally calm, sensible and level headed women more than a little irrational.
    CH27 wrote: »
    Could she be pregnant? :D

My first thought also...
    I'm an adult and I can eat whatever I want whenever I want and I wish someone would take this power from me.
    -Mike Primavera
  • Send her back to New Zealand to remind her of the extortionate price of megaslow internet!

She'll quickly realise you're a hero!
  • Tropez
    Tropez Posts: 3,696 Forumite
    Options
    My first thought also...

Don't worry, I am 99% sure she is not pregnant. :)
  • System
    System Posts: 178,102 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Where can I find a wife like yours? who is money savvy

my partner spends all my hard earned money on clothes and "cute" things! lol
  • Tropez
    Options
    Where can I find a wife like yours? who is money savvy

my partner spends all my hard earned money on clothes and "cute" things! lol

I found her in a town centre coffee shop. :D
  • itsanne
    itsanne Posts: 4,992 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Don't worry, I am 99% sure she is not pregnant. :)

That 1% could prove interesting. Loads of scope for pregnancy and mini Tropez threads! :D
    . . .I did not speak out

Then they came for me
    And there was no one left
    To speak out for me..

Martin Niemoller
  • Tropez
    edited 12 April 2014 at 4:35PM
    Options
    Okay, I know why my wife has gone mad because she decided to do the ever so crazy and ridiculous thing of telling me what's on her mind.

The issue is two-fold.

Firstly, during her time off recuperating she got to see how "seriously" I take my job and was not impressed. I can understand this. I will admit that I do a fair bit of goofing around, procrastinating and generally disregarding many matters at work as being the result of incompetent underlings (which generally is the case).

However, at the same time the actual serious matters (not "Ugh, I don't know what I named a client file!!!111oneoneone!!!" emails) I do give the consideration that they deserve. This is why I receive bonuses, am afforded luxuries such as permission to do much of my work from home and hold a mid-level management position with a PA handling many of my in-office responsibilities.

My work gets done, quickly (in comparison to that of others), efficiently and always up-to-scratch so although I might spend a few hours too many dicking about on the office network, changing certain people's Windows login chimes to the entirety of Meatloaf's Bat Out of Hell, what needs to get done, gets done and what work comes my way through idiocy or is nothing more than a tedious box ticking exercise gets treated with the contempt it deserves.

I suppose for someone with a more solid work ethic, such as my wife, this isn't the best impression of how I conduct myself day to day and perhaps she's fearful that my tendency to regard the necessity of work as something of a nuisance isn't a wholly endearing trait and limiting potential progression. Fair point, I guess.

The second thing is that she has seen a house for sale close to where she works and thinks it would be ideal for us. However, rather than bring this to my attention and discuss it with me, she assumed I'd say no and decided to skip that part of the discussion and go straight into mardy mode at my refusal to consider her proposal which I hadn't even heard.

This is why she has become overly agitated by my acquisition of fibre optic Internet because she feels that is further cementing our position where we are now (even though I can get such things transferred).

The truth is we have discussed in the past moving; I'm not against the idea but I'm not inclined to jump straight into it as there are various concerns to take on-board. I understand her desire to do so as it'd cut around an hour off her commute but the area in which she works and wishes to move to is significantly more expensive. By the same token it would add about ninety minutes to my commute (train issues) but as I'm in the office 3-4 times per month, I don't see this as being a significant problem. I can't really fault her choice in house though as it wouldn't merely be suitable, it would be ideal for both our needs although it does have an upstairs bedroom but at least with en-suite it should be manageable for me.

An examination and discussion over the financial side of things, as well as examining the realistic chance of selling our current house quickly and for a decent price (or taking a look at the potential rental value) would be required, and I'm happy enough to look into it in a non-committal way.

To be quite honest, I'm more concerned that every now and again she gets something into her head and stews over it rather than discuss it with me. It makes me feel like she thinks I'm difficult to talk to or highly negative.
  • Mojisola
    Mojisola Posts: 35,559 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    To be quite honest, I'm more concerned that every now and again she gets something into her head and stews over it rather than discuss it with me. It makes me feel like she thinks I'm difficult to talk to or highly negative.

Well, at least you know that next time she gets like this you can say "What's the real problem?" rather than put up with days of moodiness. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure