Slimtone plus Raspberry Ketone - free trial - NOT! (another Nutrascience)

Options

Comments

• jabags
    Options
    My daughter has been caught up in this scam when she took advantage of a free trial in June paying just £4.95. She has not been home until now so was unaware of the 3 packages that had arrived from Lunar Essentials. She was also not aware, because the account used is for emergencies only, that £87.47 had been taken out for each of the three deliveries. It only came to light when she tried to take money from her account to pay for a holiday and found that £262.41 had been taken without her knowledge.

Natwest fraud team know the company very well and say that we can't do a chargeback with Lunar Essentials because of their hidden T & C's, but they did cancel my daughter's debit card so that the card is not used by them again. They will also keep a watch on her account to make sure that company does not try to take money from her account without the use of the stopped card.

Lunar Essentials are not easy to deal with, their 0800 909 8002 number puts you through to the States and I was first told that their systems were down and I would have to call back and ask for a Return Merchant Authorisation number to return only one months supply, because they have a 30 day money back guarantee. When I called again for the RMA number I was given an address to send the item to, PO Box 13587, Linlithgow, West Lothian, EH49 9AT. Whilst on the phone, I quickly googled the PO Box number and postcode and found that both do not exist. When I questioned them about this they said that this is the only one on their system. The envelope that the tablets were delivered in gives PO Box 13511, Linlithgow, West Lothian, EH49 7YH.

So I posted by Recorded Delivery one bottle to PO Box 13587, Linlithgow, West Lothian, EH49 9AT and another bottle to PO Box 13511, Linlithgow, West Lothian, EH49 7YH. Not surprisingly the bottle sent to PO Box 13587 is being returned to me as 'address unknown'. The bottle sent to PO Box 13511 has been signed for.

I've called Lunar Essentials today to demand an immediate refund now that a bottle has been returned and told again that the PO Box 13587 was correct, but they are obviously misleading everyone. They have assured me that they have now refunded my daughters card, but she will need to check this has been done with her bank as the card has been cancelled.

Please watch this company for the tricks that they play and make sure you don't fall for this like my daughter did. She was too upset to speak to her bank and Lunar herself as losing this money has been very traumatic. It all started with a free gift, and look where it has left her. They deliberately prey on young and vulnerable individuals who they think can be fooled.
  • Savvyblonde
    Options
    So after applying for this product and also another named nutra green coffee (which was included in a package deal) I found this forum and I realised I'd been a total mug. Now I've read a lot of the threads further down and while they are helpful they are not entirely accurate so for anybody who has only just found this forum I give you this advice this is what I did. Once I realised what I'd got myself into I rang up the customer support number to cancel my account/s however as they ship the product every hour it was too late to stop the products being delivered and me being charged the shipping I had stupidly paid for. You must ring up the company/s directly before the 14 days trial is up and cancel your account/s so that you do not get charged any further costs as it states in the terms in conditions that when you agree to this free trial your details automatically get put into the auto home delivery service whereby if you do not cancel your account within 14 you agree to their conditions therefore allowing them to send you out product every month and allowing them to charge you £60 something everytime, I rang up immediately after I'd placed my order and they confirmed my account was cancelled and that no further payment would be taken and I recieved a confirmation email stating my account had been cancelled. I then rang up my bank and advised them of the situation and they reported my card as stolen however they explained that the shipping charge will still be taken and that when I recieve the items I must obtain the return address and a RMA code which will be 3 digits then a - then 5 digits and was advised to do this by recorded delivery so I know the company have recieved it, the bank stated that if I did not return the product (I know someone mentioned further down about just throwing it away?!) if I didn't return the product then I am not adhered to the terms and conditions I agreed to which states all products much be returned within 21 days of your order date if you cancel the account, if you do not return the product and do not get proof of return then the company have every right to charge you £75 and the bank cannot get that back for you. So my advice for you is if your considering the 14 day trial.. Don't do it!! And if you've done it ring them straight away and cancel your account (they are in America so it may cost but its better than huge charges later on), ensure that when you recieve the product that you get the RMA code and Return address and put all this on the package and ensure you get it done recorded delivery, I also advise you speak to your bank inform them of the situation.. By rights your bank cannot dispute the first transaction you agreed to but once you've cancelled an account for further payments and the money is still being taken then the bank can look into disputing that for you, it may also be worth cancelling your card as an added precaution however it takes up to 5 working days for a new card so if u take this route it may be worth while getting cash out before out, please just note that cancelled your card is not enough you must return the product within 21 days and ring the company and cancel account. I really hope this helps and if anyone has any questions please feel free to ask.
  • jabags
    Options
    The company in the States gave me an RMA number to send my items back, but gave me a different PO Box and postcode to the one on the packaging. I googled to see if their address was correct and knew that they were deliberately giving me the wrong information. Even after calling back and speaking to a Supervisor I will still given a bogus address. And of course my packaging was then returned as address unknown! I am positive this is purposely done to delay anyone getting a refund within the 14 day period, so make sure you don't get caught out.
  • crusader55
    Options
    I happened to be looking through one of the side adverts for this Ketone product and initially closed it down but it stopped me with a trail option for "£3.48". Stupidly enough, I was tired and on a boring night-shift and decided that I'd give it a try.

3 days later the pills were put through the letterbox, no instructions or any correspondence. Yesterday, I noticed that the company had dipped my account for £63.71. As you can imagine, I went mad and eventually found a website of theirs which when I study the T&c's, well, well, what a surprise there it is, no quarter given or asked and the timeout period has been and gone. I have cancelled the order and received a cancellation confirmation from them.

The pills are untouched in a kitchen drawer and the only good thing is maybe that when I'm hungry and have not got the £60 for food, I can always eat them to stop my hunger pains but what's the betting that the pills are as rubbish as their supplier!!!

I will have to put this done to experience, I should have known better, so I now have to go through the procedure of changing debit cards in case they try to dip more as they are obviously a scamming company of a sort and I don't trust them to keep their word.

Why can't these companies just be shut down instead of fleecing everyone!!!
  • kaska678
    Options
    I also have been conned by this product and am now £125 down. There is no mention anywhere of any charges passed the initial offer so how they get away with this I cannot fathom however they insist it is your fault if you do not contact them within 14 days of initial purchase because then they are free to charge you. I have now cancelled these accounts and alerted my bank so if any other charges come out they are held liable. I originally bought a trial of ketone and nutra green coffee cleanse. The company was 'advanced keytones'. They charged me £85 for not contacting them in time when I was not made aware of this clause. The nutra coffee company charged me £40 to cancel my account. The automated telephone system leads you to believe you can cancel with no charge by returning the product however as you go through the system they end up announcing you will be charged, your account is cancelled, goodbye. I knew before getting involved these products don't work but I still let myself fall prey to this awful scam. Please don't make the same mistake I did and feed these companies any more money!! It won't work, it is a scam - you will lose out
  • After8s
    Options
    Return Address for Keytone products in Uk
    first you need to ring 0800 014 9645 to get an RMA number (Returns number). Beware the lady i spoke to wasn't English and difficult to understand:
    Address is HERKIMER HOUSE
    Mill Road Industrial Estate
    Linlithgo
    Scotland EH49 7SF
    hope this helps
  • Smudge123
    Options
    This is my second post, but I wish I had read this thread before I wrote the first one! I am clearly an idiot to have fallen for the hype, but at least I didn't actually take any of the stuff. Having read all the other posts I am now depositing my neat little parcel in the open topped filing cabinet (binning it!), marking it down to expensive experience and moving on. Thank you all for helping me feel less like a single idiot. Good luck to all those still trying to resolve their issue. :o
  • Blinkmonkey
    Options
    jt joined he forum to post about this. I filled in the form online for my free trial and went back to fill in some details. I received a phone call traight away from their customer service and their rep took all my details. Rushed through the terms and conditions and were very clear to say I was only being charged the potage and packaging. A while later, I hadn't received cnfirmation and decied to check it out. Found this forum and loads more. After panicing for about 30 minutes, I remembered tha the guy called me from an unblocked number, so here it is folks: +1(877) 862 9835. I told him I wanted to canel my order, and he was asking why, trying to offer me other discounts, etc. Anyway, he cancelled my order and emailed the confirmation of the cancellation straight away. I've had problems getting through with the UK numbers I've found, but I got throguh and cancelled very quick with this one. Best of luck to evryone, I really hope it helps.
  • Former_MSE_Andrea
    Options
    Hi everyone

The Natural Skincare Company has asked us to leave a response on its behalf. MSE doesn't endorse anything a company says on the forum.

We were contacted by three people recently because our telephone number was given out as the Customer Services
    number for people ordering Rapsberry Keytones from another company.  Apparently on the bank statement it lists
    'natural skin' and when they ring the bank, we are listed WITH THE BANK, as the Customer Services number.

They also list another number which is 0203 356 6290, which we believe is the correct Customer Services No. and the one they should ring.

The business in question (not sure of the name as I could not get this information from them!) is selling Raspberry Keytones as a
    trial and then taking an additional £95 from their customers accounts.  Apparently, without knowing, these people have signed up to a service to receive extra products, possibly with
    a recurring payment. 

Please can you let your visitors know that The Natural Skincare Company Ltd. is not affiliated to the companies selling Raspberry Keytones and the customer service number 01403 790913 is incorrect as this is the number of our business.  We have
    absolutely nothing to do with these businesses in any way what
    so ever!

We are an ethical,  legitimate online business, formed in 2003
    selling organic and natural skincare products direct to our customers.

Many thanks,
    Amanda McGillivray
    Managing Director
    Could you do with a Money Makeover?

Follow MSE on other Social Media:
    MSE Facebook, MSE Twitter, MSE Deals Twitter, Instagram
    Join the MSE Forum
    Get the Free MoneySavingExpert Money Tips E-mail
    Report inappropriate posts: click the report button
    Point out a rate/product change
    Flag a news story: news@moneysavingexpert.com
  • Aimz1989
    Options
    Hi, I just had my delivery of this product took 4 days to arrive but they have now taken 123 pounds out of my account when the t and c's said they'll wait 14 days to charge! I have been reading this forum and some of u say that they still take money out of the account without your knowledge I am in the process of cancelling my card I'm very upset that I have been so stupid all I want to do is lose weight.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure