BuyMobilePhones.net (merged)

Comments

• Anyone contemplating taking out a cashback contract with dealer should consider leaving it until after 3rd January - apart from the risks associated with them already apparent.
  • What happens on the 3rd of January? Is there some new consumer law coming into effect.
    If I've helped you please show your appreciation by using the "Thanks" button
    > :T
  • No. But the cashback won't reflect the cost on 4th.
  • rev_henry
    rev_henry Posts: 4,959 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    No. But the cashback won't reflect the cost on 4th.
    Sorry, what do you mean?
  • OneADay
    OneADay Posts: 9,031 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    rev_henry wrote: »
    Sorry, what do you mean?

TAT rise comes into affect, you could potentially be paying 2.5% extra on line rental and not getting that 2.5% cashback unless the dealers / mobile companies work out some way to protect the buyer.
  • Hi,

I'm new to this website and new to cashback procedure. I'm considering buying Motorola XT720 from BMP. The shop has very good offers for 18 month contracts (6 months for free or 1/2 price for 7 months, T-mobile). I have few questions:
    1)As I understood reading this topic I'll first have to pay a full sum and then claim the cashback. Right?

2) How reliable is this shop at the moment?

3) Could someone please explain me whole procedure for claiming cashbacks?

4) If I add a flexible booster for calls to EU (+5quid) or exceed given minutes/texts will I have problems with my bills (in terms of claiming cashback) ?

Thanks in advance for answering :)

Alex
  • If I've helped you please show your appreciation by using the "Thanks" button
    > :T
  • Lynsey
    Lynsey Posts: 9,486 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Welcome Alex (shuriks).

Q1: Yes, you do have to pay in full and claim back at intervals.

Q2: Reliable, well they have of late been breaching their own T&C's and also declining legitimate cashback claims stating wrong bill sent when the correct one was actually sent. They can't fully be described as "reliable", but they have been paying up and may need pushing.

Q3: You claim back your cashback (redemption) by sending back both the correct bill as per the T&C's at the commencement of contract PLUS the cashback voucher for each claim (PLEASE KEEP THESE SAFE).

Q4: Any boosters or charges for going over your allowance will not affect your claim - just make sure you pay in full and that there are no arrears.

Good luck, and as suggested - read up. Also ask beforehand and get it understood (it's not really that difficult now to be honest).

Lynsey
    **** Sealed Pot Challenge - Member #96 ****
    No. 9 target £600 - :staradmin (x21)
    No. 6 Total £740.00 - No. 7 £1000.00 - No. 8 £875.00 - No. 9 £700.00 (target met)
  • OneADay wrote: »
    TAT rise comes into affect, you could potentially be paying 2.5% extra on line rental and not getting that 2.5% cashback unless the dealers / mobile companies work out some way to protect the buyer.

Gosh, you're funny! The idea of the dealer "protecting" the buyer is funny, but I suppose in keeping. THIS dealer has ensured the buyer certaily won't be "protected" - and I can imagine how concerned cpw companies would be to make sure their customers don't lose out!!

Of course, individual networks could choose to absorb the rise out of their own income - but, really - the dealers....!!!!!

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
  • OneADay
    OneADay Posts: 9,031 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Gosh, you're funny! The idea of the dealer "protecting" the buyer is funny, but I suppose in keeping. THIS dealer has ensured the buyer certaily won't be "protected" - and I can imagine how concerned cpw companies would be to make sure their customers don't lose out!!

Of course, individual networks could choose to absorb the rise out of their own income - but, really - the dealers....!!!!!

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

So funny - must be the rolling emotions!

In 2009, the VAT went down by 2.5% which benefited consumers with cashbacks.

Retailers do not have access to the network bill data (at least they claim that).

In 2011, with VAT rising, company like BMP have more chance of working out the right cashback amounts to be paid as they ask for all monthly bills to be sent for each claim.

Companies like CPW and Phones4u will have to do some more work with them only asking for single (latest monthly) bill to be sent to them.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure