3 Retention Deals

Options

Comments

• wbafanclub12
    Options
    Yes, you can cancel your cancellation up until the point that your cancellation period of 1 month run out. After all, it is for their benefit as they will get to keep you as a customer. If you do cancel however and change your mind, you will then have to give a months notice.
    This happened to me 15mts ago. The first time I cancelled I did not get a call from retentions. I phoned back and said I did not want to cancel. They accepted this but then I phoned again asking for my roaming number. Had it explained to me that I had 30 days to use it, but 2 days later got the magic phone call.
  • matt09
    Options
    Thanks, I was also told that if I did cancel I could never reconnect back to 3, I presume this is lies too as surley they'd do anything to have your money again?
  • mutley74
    mutley74 Posts: 4,022 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    i just renewed my £5 loyalty contract (basically current phone has a damaged screen+ was due an upgrade)

£5pm 300mins, 150 texts, 25 pic msgs, 25 video calls, £5 downloads
    new Nokia 6700 for £20 for 12mths contract.

is it worth going back and asking for the comet offer, or has this expired..only read about it now! :(
  • gromituk
    gromituk Posts: 3,087 Forumite
    Options
    Thank you for that - I'm on the same contract, which expires soon. I called them and they said if I upgraded I'd lose my loyalty discount, and that I could just carry on as I was - no mention of handsets, free or otherwise. At first glance the 6700 looks like an upgraded 3120 Classic which I have at the moment and quite like. Funnily enough I broke my screen too a couple of months ago (I think these thin phones are vulnerable to being bent) and replaced it with one from eBay for about £18.
    Time is an illusion - lunch time doubly so.
  • bustyb293
    bustyb293 Posts: 50 Forumite
    Options
    mutley74 wrote: »
    i just renewed my £5 loyalty contract (basically current phone has a damaged screen+ was due an upgrade)

£5pm 300mins, 150 texts, 25 pic msgs, 25 video calls, £5 downloads
    new Nokia 6700 for £20 for 12mths contract.

is it worth going back and asking for the comet offer, or has this expired..only read about it now! :(

I have been on this for 2 years, (£5) (VTT500) Video talk and text, I will be 100% honest, I got a E71 and kept the same deal. why are you paying £20? you was only paying £5?

I did the deal 2 weeks ago.

Thanks
  • gromituk
    edited 28 July 2009 at 10:44AM
    Options
    I presume he means that they were offering the phone for a one-off £20 in addition to the £5-a-month contract continuing.

I see it's also got GPS - quite impressive for a bog-standard phone.

Did you have to play the PAC trick? Do you ever exceed your allowance?
  • bustyb293
    Options
    gromituk wrote: »
    I presume he means that they were offering the phone for a one-off £20 in addition to the £5-a-month contract continuing.

Yes I hope so, I will say this to everyone, the E71 is a very good phone, very well built (some say nokia's best phone ever) the battery life is amazing, look it up.
  • gromituk
    Options
    I've had a little peek at the E71. Not sure I'm interested in a QWERTY keyboard and the corresponding dimensions, at least not unless it's a data contract, which it isn't. I presume you got the E71 for free: how did you do that? Ask for a PAC? "Negotiate" for three hours? Do you ever exceed your allowance?
  • bustyb293
    Options
    yes (free) have a feel of it and ignore the keyboard, it really is a nice phone and so slim.

I have been with them a while, said I was going to cancel, whent through and they offered me a similar e63, I said battery was no good, so they said E71....dont go over on the phone usage, it did take a while on the phone, they did tell me something that i did not know as well, any three contract, you can ad 200 mins for £3, whatever you are on. it may help someone out.
  • mutley74
    mutley74 Posts: 4,022 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    gromituk wrote: »

that is correct..£20 one payment for this phone and just £5pm!

I was offered the Sony Ericsson C903 for free on a 18mth contract (£5pm) which looks like a better phone but means i need new acessories (usb charger, memory card etc) which i was not keen to buy again.
    i did not bother haggling for a better deal by threatening for my PAC code....dont think i will get a better contract deal elsewhere for £5pm!;)

Was not keen on the E71 looks too big and the keys are too small..maybe good if you have small fingers and do lots of texts.

thanks for the 200mins for £3 add on tip - not for me but useful to know.

i was offered 1GB of internet & downloads for £5 pm as an addon.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure