Excel MoneySavingExpert Budget Spreadsheet

Options

Comments

• nkitson
    nkitson Posts: 8 Forumite
    Options
    I opened the spreadsheet, had a quick look without entering data and closed down Excel completely as I needed to do something else - no need to save as I hadn't entered any data, I thought. I therefore ignored the note about using a specific button to exit and my carefully set up toolbars were trashed......

My fault I know but a warning before users download the spreadsheet would be helpful. It could also give advice to the nervous about messages that may be received about running macros and self certified certificates.

This is not intended as a criticism of the spreadsheet itself which is useful and Tony's generosity in posting it is appreciated.

Nick
  • Tony_H_3
    Tony_H_3 Posts: 2,643 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thanks for the comments nkitson, both are very good ideas & may well be included in future updates. :D
  • BeenieCat
    BeenieCat Posts: 6,567 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    hi, i have read this thread but can't seem to find the answer i need. i have downloaded the spreadsheet with no problems, opened it up fine, but can't press any of the buttons..eg-expenditure, income etc.
    The links on there to send me to the budget page on this site works fine, but nothing else! i am using the excel viewer. Help appreciated, thanks. :confused:
  • Former_MSE_Andrea
    Options
    Hi Pia

I think I know where you're going wrong. When you first click on the link to the Excel spreadsheet you need to save it to your hard drive rather than open it.

Once you've done that you can click on Open or Open folder. From there, try clicking on Expenditure or Income. It should now work.

Andrea :)
    Could you do with a Money Makeover?

Follow MSE on other Social Media:
    MSE Facebook, MSE Twitter, MSE Deals Twitter, Instagram
    Join the MSE Forum
    Get the Free MoneySavingExpert Money Tips E-mail
    Report inappropriate posts: click the report button
    Point out a rate/product change
    Flag a news story: news@moneysavingexpert.com
  • kokyu
    kokyu Posts: 22 Forumite
    Options
    Is it just me or is the link to the spreadsheet broken? I can't download it with Firefox or FlashGet. Is there a working mirror of it somewhere?

Thanks.
  • terryharman
    Options
    Hi, Microsoft Office Excel 2003 is askgin for a password.

Can someoen clere things up for me

Thanks
  • the link to download the excel spreadsheet does not work any thoughts
  • sra
    sra Posts: 4,678 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Which link doesn't work? :confused:

http://img.moneysavingexpert.com/budget.zip

works for me
  • tamtam10000
    Options
    Apologies if someone has asked this question before:

I've hit a hiccup in using the Desired Expenditure column. I've put in all the Desired costs in the Expenditure sheet. But then when I go to Expenditure Totals, there's nothing in the Desired column.

So, my question is - is there supposed to be anything in that column? If there isn't, would it be possible to add this function to the next update?

Following on from that, on the view results page, it would be good to see if your Desired Expenditure figures woud actually bring you into the realm of happiness (as if it won't I need to reduce my costs even more than I thought! :eek: ).

Otherwise the budgeter is brill! Congrats to all concerned. :T
    Debt at highest: £68,000 plus mortgages
    Current debt: £0.00!!!:D
    Now I just have to buy my Dad's share of my flat back and I can start on the mortgage...

• Jiwell
    Options
    sra wrote:
    Which link doesn't work? :confused:

http://img.moneysavingexpert.com/budget.zip

works for me

Sorry SRA it doesn't work for me - I think the link is broken.. Has it been amended, updated, moved, changed name?
    All will be well
    All things will be well
    All manner of things will be well
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills