Slimming Towards Summer - Slimming World support thread 2019

Options

Comments

• Pennylane
    Pennylane Posts: 2,707 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Well I lost 1.5 lbs! This slimming malarkey does my head in sometimes. i felt bloated and fat this morning before WI and I was constipated! last week I felt sure I had lost a couple of pounds having had a good week and I gained half a pound.

I just need to lose half a pound next week to get my 1.5 stone award. Surely I can do that.
  • poundsinbucks
    poundsinbucks Posts: 1,400 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Pennylane wrote: »
    Well I lost 1.5 lbs! This slimming malarkey does my head in sometimes. i felt bloated and fat this morning before WI and I was constipated! last week I felt sure I had lost a couple of pounds having had a good week and I gained half a pound.

I just need to lose half a pound next week to get my 1.5 stone award. Surely I can do that.

Well done Pennylane. Mad isn’t it? Keep at it, you are going in the right direction. That award will be yours soon! ;)

Poundsinbucks x
    🥳🥳 SW -6st 3.5lbs 🥳🥳
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,923 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Well done Penny:T:T next week is the week x
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • sarymclary
    sarymclary Posts: 3,224 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Evening all,

sorry I've not been about much, life it a bit busy, and have continued to feel a bit under the weather. Yesterday I ate mostly carp and it really, really didn't agree with me. Ended up having to go to bed early as I felt so unwell. Have been having a few issues with my tummy, feeling nauseouos, a bit of indigestion, bloating after I eat or even drink sometimes. I've yet to put my finger on it, but wondering if coffee isn't one of the culprits. This makes me sad, because it's one of my favourite drinks :( but I do seem to be seeing a pattern sometimes. Last night there really wasn't anything much to eat in the fridge or freezer, not even a potato in the house! Ended up having some M&S minced beef pie buried in the freezer with broccoli, carrots, sweetcorn, green beans, and some gravy. Wish I'd eaten nothing on reflection for how bad I felt. My stomach bloated up, gurgled, was painful and I had to go lie down, and ended up staying in bed. Lesson learned - in future just go with some cereal if desperate I think.

We did manage to do a very quick shop in Aldi after dinner. I say very quick because OH misheard the till opening/till closing message over the tannoy and thought the store was closing in 10 minutes & we'd just walked in through the front doors. It was like Supermarket Sweep!! I've never shopped so fast - what a wally!

Meals today:
    B - Banana.
    Mid-day snack: greek yogurt & mango
    Late lunch - mixed salad, cucumber, carrot,etc. smoked ham, dressing (1.5)
    D - paprika chicken & LMc veggie rosemary sausages with SW chips & salad, dressing/ketchup (2)
    HEA - milk in teas
    HEB - doubt I will have one.

Tummy still been a bit dodgy today. Really hope this passes, as it's no fun. Don't imagine it's even something the Dr would be able to help with as it can be so random. Definitely cutting out bread, sugars & processed foods has calmed it over recent months. Thank the lord for following SW, it really has helped.

Hope all is well with you guys. Have had a quick read back, but too many posts to catch up o to comment.

Well done losers!

BTW. Reporting a STS again this week ChirsV
    One day the clocks will stop, and time won't mean a thing

Be nice to your children, they'll choose your care home
  • joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 16,560 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Sary it's possibly the pastry. When I have pastry (which is about twice a year now!) it tends to make me feel a bit rough which is pretty annoying because I only have it when we go on holiday to France as DH loves a proper Cornish pasty which I make using the same recipe as my Cornish nan used to make!

Obviously because we're off on holiday to France on Tuesday I'll end up feeling a big bleugh and bloated but it usually wears off by the following day thankfully!

Hope you're feeling better soon.

Denise
  • sarymclary
    sarymclary Posts: 3,224 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Denise that might just be the case, and I LOVE pastry too!

Have just made myself eat my dinner. The chips were about 5 mins too long in the oven so very, very crunchy. Only managed 1 sausage, and drank a glass of NAS juice with the meal, hoping it will aid digestion. I've only had 2 coffees today too.
    One day the clocks will stop, and time won't mean a thing

Be nice to your children, they'll choose your care home
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,589 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Sorry to hear you're still under the weather sary . Hope you find the culprit soon. :)

I haven't had a pasty for years Denise although I used to love them. My hairdresser used to be close to a baker that did lovely ones and I'd treat myself every couple of months. That was pre SW so no longer. ;)

Fingers crossed, I don't react badly to anything but I do crave vegetables if I'm eating out a lot. :)

I had some chocolate earlier (about 3 syns) as I just fancied it. Curry almost ready. I added chopped mushrooms, courgettes and red pepper. :)
  • joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 16,560 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Couldn't eat my curry earlier it was just too hot - seemed even hotter than when I made it last month! Assuming because it's been in the freezer for a few weeks. Just ate the pilau rice (was very nice Maman - thanks for the recipe!) plus some of the raita. Think I'm going to wake up hungry tomorrow.

Might have a couple of Ryvita late with some quark, ham & cucumber as haven't had my HEB yet!

Have to say I can't stand shop bought pasties (even when we used to go to Cornwall). They just aren't up to the the standard I make them myself!

I'm like you Maman when I go to France. Just don't seem to get vegetables served with a meal when you eat out. Unfortunately we eat mainly tinned veg when we go away as I haven't got much in the way of freezer space, just a little ice box across the top of the fridge so I tend to take as much frozen meat as I can fit in it alongside some ice cube bags & frozen lemons for the G&T, LOL!

Denise
  • greentiger
    greentiger Posts: 2,406 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Ah, I thought it was something like that, bubbs. It looked super tasty. How do you make the omelette? I wouldn't want it to be very eggy flavoured. I make savoury omelettes a lot - my neighbour has a field of hens across the road and we buy our eggs from him.
    Sewing 46/COLOR]Woollies 6Card s 17Reading 11/40
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,923 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    greentiger wrote: »
    Ah, I thought it was something like that, bubbs. It looked super tasty. How do you make the omelette? I wouldn't want it to be very eggy flavoured. I make savoury omelettes a lot - my neighbour has a field of hens across the road and we buy our eggs from him.

2 eggs, cinnamon and sweetener:D
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure