Forum Home» Health & Beauty MoneySaving

Slimming Towards Summer - Slimming World support thread 2019 - Page 10

New Post Advanced Search

Coronavirus: The latest from MSE

The MSE team is working extremely hard to keep the info we have about your travel rights, cancellation rights, sick pay (and more) up to date.
The official MSE guides: UPDATED MSE Coronavirus Guides

NEWSFLASH

New, free ‘Academoney’ course from MSE and the Open University launches
All the key areas of personal finance are covered, so that you can master your money decisions

Slimming Towards Summer - Slimming World support thread 2019

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Health & Beauty MoneySaving
984 replies 42K views

Replies

• bubbsbubbs Forumite
    61.7K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Morning all :D
    Well as you know i use nearly all my syns on a Sat :D
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D
    ::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • MissliMissli Forumite
    7.7K posts
    Eighth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Good morning all!
    Got my new scales this morning, I weigh 11.5 stone. More than when I was pregnant :eek:
    It might not seem that much to some people, but I'm under 5"4' and have skinny wrists and ankles, snd a small frame (so it sits badly on me), I'm not liking the bit inbetween my ankles and hands. :rotfl:
    I will start properly working out a meal plan now I have my scales. Ideally I'd like to be 9 stone, but for now would like to work to 9.5 stone as much more realistic.
    New forum. New sig. Yes I still need to lose 2 stone! :smiley:
  • MissliMissli Forumite
    7.7K posts
    Eighth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    bubbs wrote: »
    Morning all :D
    Well as you know i use nearly all my syns on a Sat :D
    I will try to keep my syns for weekends too..um not a good start for me. :D
    Hope you have a lovely Saturday!
    New forum. New sig. Yes I still need to lose 2 stone! :smiley:
  • Tete_en_l'AirTete_en_l'Air Forumite
    7.1K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'd love to be 11.5 stone Missli but then I'm six foot :D

Hello all, reporting in with a 0.5lb loss please Chris (and thanks for the new thread!). I've had a very bad week of eating after my grandma upset me on Monday, and just about managed to pull it round the last couple of days and am pleased with that small loss.

I'm off to see Swan Lake this aft and then tea out afterwards, and I'm having tea out on Tuesday as well. I will aim to be :A the rest of the time and fingers crossed I might actually get my stone award finally.

Thanks for the coleslaw recipe Bubbs, something I keep meaning to try! I made the Chicken and Chorizo Jambalaya as mentioned on the old thread and it is delicious! It made about 6 portions as well rather than 4, meaning it's 2.5 syns per portion rather than 3. It's not super speedy but it's great comfort food.

Right better go and get dressed, had a lovely lie in this morning! :D
    Easter weight loss: 2/8 | Total loss: 22lb
    Fashion on the Ration coupons spent: 7/66
  • bubbsbubbs Forumite
    61.7K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd love to be 11.5 stone Missli but then I'm six foot :D

Hello all, reporting in with a 0.5lb loss please Chris (and thanks for the new thread!). I've had a very bad week of eating after my grandma upset me on Monday, and just about managed to pull it round the last couple of days and am pleased with that small loss.

I'm off to see Swan Lake this aft and then tea out afterwards, and I'm having tea out on Tuesday as well. I will aim to be :A the rest of the time and fingers crossed I might actually get my stone award finally.

Thanks for the coleslaw recipe Bubbs, something I keep meaning to try! I made the Chicken and Chorizo Jambalaya as mentioned on the old thread and it is delicious! It made about 6 portions as well rather than 4, meaning it's 2.5 syns per portion rather than 3. It's not super speedy but it's great comfort food.

Right better go and get dressed, had a lovely lie in this morning! :D

Sorry yo here you're Grandma upset you Tete, hope it's sorted now xx
    Well done on 1/2lb , a loss is a loss:T:T
    The coleslaw was rather yummy:D:D
    Enjoy Swan lake x
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D
    ::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • TakeItEazyTakeItEazy Forumite
    2.5K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hello all :A
    WI with STS happy with that as been a hungry week :( so had more carbs than usual. Last weekend was breadgate though :eek:
    Also struggled with CF this week too! Brain fog has been awful ending with forgetting to pass on important information :( feel I’m becoming a liability :(

Hope everyone is having an easier time :A
    Its not what you do but the way that you do it, thats what get results :T
    Keep the Faith All

Heartbroken 12.12.13 :cry:
  • mamanmaman Forumite
    22.2K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vixstar wrote: »
    I do tend to use my Syns weekly so today's plan involves a number of beer Syns which will be balanced out by having less fhrough the week. I know it's not the way you should do it but it's worked for me.

I do exactly the same vixstar and I've done it from Day 1. I don't think it's as frowned on by SW as it used to be. If it works I'm not knocking it.;)

If I badly need a loss I cut down my syns a bit. That's probably because I'm usually a bit over the 105 as I don't measure milk.:o

Sorry to hear that your grandma derailed you a bit tete but well done for getting back on track!:T

I do a very similar jambalaya recipe tete (adapted from pre SW) and I add carrots (sometimes tinned) and courgettes and mushrooms to up the Speed. I slice in a few frankfurters rather than chorizo and then try to serve most of them to DH.:rotfl:Although the tinned Olde Oak ones are only one syn each.

:D

Is that Afternoon Tea or is there a choice of meal? DH has organised tea out for us with a group of friends in a couple of weeks and I know it'll be a problem. I'm guessing that only scones, cakes and sandwiches will be available. :(

My plan for this afternoon is to potter about, listen to the radio and do a bit of batch cooking (pilau rice and swede & carrot mash) for the freezer. That's odd about your DH liking the mash but not on a cottage pie denise.:think: I've been trying to cut down potatoes a bit as I'm always more generous with them than rice or pasta which I always measure. When I do SW chips I make a few carrot ones as well. Last Sunday I cut down on the roast potatoes and did some chunks of carrot (new potato size) and BNS. I prepped the BNS into chunks as it was LO before I was going away at Easter. They can be roasted straight from the freezer. It all helps. :D

We're having curry tonight. It's the first time since we came back from India when we had a surfeit. It's only the Aldi Slimwell which I'm counting as free although SW won't put it on syns online as it's competition. ;)

Today's EE plan:
    B: NAS grapefruit, HEB toast, 2 fried eggs, HEA milk for drinks
    L: LO chickenless casserole
    D: chicken curry, HM pilau, SW chips
    Syns: weekend wine:).
  • joedenisejoedenise Forumite
    8.6K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes DH can be a bit weird like that!

Have you tried putting the Aldi curry through the syn calculator just to make sure it's Free?

Lunch was changed to Mac & cheese so a couple of Syns for the milk and 2nd HEA for the cheese plus 0.5 syns for cornflour.

I usually do roasted carrots, onions & peppers when I do a roast. Won't be doing carrots tomorrow though as I forgot to buy any! So it'll just be onions & peppers plus a bit of butternut squash which is still in the fridge from a while back so needs using up before we go away so that it doesn't get wasted. I've also got half a swede so will have that mashed.

Denise
  • mamanmaman Forumite
    22.2K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aldi Slimwell Chicken Tikka Masala comes out as free on the syns calculator.:D

It's not brilliant but I'll tart it up a bit with extra mushrooms.

Oh and it's now called a syns estimator. So if it's wrong, it's not their fault. :p
  • joedenisejoedenise Forumite
    8.6K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oh and it's now called a syns estimator. So if it's wrong, it's not their fault.

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
This discussion has been closed.

Quick links

Essential Money | Who & Where are you? | Work & Benefits | Household and travel | Shopping & Freebies | About MSE | The MoneySavers Arms | Covid-19 & Coronavirus Support