Comments

• soulsaver
    soulsaver Posts: 5,976 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 28 March 2019 at 2:45PM
    Options
    In brief:

1) You apply for referral codes.

2) Send referral codes to 'friends' who wanna play; ensure different codes to each.

3) Friend(s) initiates switch using CASS & gets a Santander switch reference c13 digits starting FSW*************

4) After a minimum 7 working days from switch initiation... (rem: they may have chosen a future date)...switch completes.

5) Friend submits claim for referral incentive by recording their FSW ref and referral code you sent them here:

https://www.santanderreferafriend.co.uk/claimamazon.php

Tip: Cut & paste codes from emails to ensure you get codes correct.

6) After usually 10 days or so (allow up to 30 days, they say) from claim you each receive Amazon voucher code by email.
    Your's shows referral code - so you know who's done their part.

:)
  • Jointhediscussion
    Options
    whats a ynab

(YNAB) You Need a Budget is a multi-platform personal budgeting program based on the envelope method. In 2013 it was the most popular personal finance software among Lifehacker readers.
  • Tight_Fist
    Tight_Fist Posts: 408 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi, Does anyone know if I switch an old BoS account do I need to have 2 active DD's to open the Everyday Current Account?

It says no monthly deposits required but doesn't state anything about DD's

Thanks
  • eskbanker
    eskbanker Posts: 31,076 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Tight_Fist wrote: »
    Hi, Does anyone know if I switch an old BoS account do I need to have 2 active DD's to open the Everyday Current Account?

It says no monthly deposits required but doesn't state anything about DD's
    To the best of my knowledge there's never been a current account that requires DDs to open it.

Some accounts require DDs to earn interest but as there is no interest paid on the Everyday Current Account, that's a moot point....

DDs are sometimes necessary to qualify for switching incentives but if that's your question then it's answered in the FAQ at the 'how it works' link posted above:
    Do I need to set up any direct debits or pay in a certain amount of money to qualify for the £50 amazon.co.uk gift card?

No, provided you complete a CASS switch, ensure your non-Santander account is closed, and meet the other terms of the offer you’ll receive the incentive. Please note that depending on the account you choose to switch to, there could be additional qualifying criteria in order to receive any cashback/interest associated with the account.
  • ST-User
    ST-User Posts: 77 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    swindiff wrote: »
    Wife and I have been using the recommend each other technique with a possible £1000 in Amazon vouchers up for grabs :)
    Time will tell if we manage to get all the vouchers.

We are in the very same position, mr&mrs recommending each other. We've just received the first two gift cards for the first switch, both of us for recommending. I'm just wondering when will the other two cards arrive, for being recommended. Did they arrive in the same time or was there a bigger difference in time?

Please let us know what the time told you about the vouchers for the 2nd and further switches. I have a feeling that we have too many BoS accounts... :-)
  • ST-User
    Options
    While I was typing my post, Santander answered the first question: the other two gift cards arrived about half an our later than the first two :j
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 14,546 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    ST-User wrote: »
    While I was typing my post, Santander answered the first question: the other two gift cards arrived about half an our later than the first two :j

When did you submit the claim form please? Just seeing processing times (claim submitted for our second recommendations on Friday).

Many thanks
  • ST-User
    Options
    Anon wrote: »
    When did you submit the claim form please?

On the 15th.
  • tempus_fugit
    tempus_fugit Posts: 1,189 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    I submitted my claim on the 16th and the vouchers arrived today. :)
    Retired at age 56 after having "light bulb moment" due to reading MSE and its forums. Have been converted to the "budget to zero" concept and use YNAB for all monthly budgeting and long term goals.
  • crumpetman
    crumpetman Posts: 339 Forumite
    Options
    I submitted a claim on 21st March and received code today.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure