Slipping Through My Fingers

Options

Comments

• WannabeFree
    Options
    Have a lovely day

x
    “Once you hit rock bottom, that's where you perfectly stand; That's your chance of restarting, but restarting the way.”
  • teafor2
    teafor2 Posts: 3,322 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Thanks Wannabe :)

A nice surprise today. Hubby gave me £45. Had to double check it wasn't for Christmas food but no, it's just for me. :T It's not a Christmas present either. Definitely wanted to clarify that as we'd decided not to buy for each other this year. I'm going to keep it to one side for now until I decide what to do with it. Hoping I'll be able to stretch it to cover a few things.

Still working to my original budget I've got £56.06 and a total of 8 NSD's. I also have £7.21 in Prolific.
  • WannabeFree
    WannabeFree Posts: 4,438 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    How lovely of DH :D

Hope you've had a good day

x
    “Once you hit rock bottom, that's where you perfectly stand; That's your chance of restarting, but restarting the way.”
  • Reflecting
    Options
    Hi teafor2 :j

How nice of your DH:). You're doing so well with the NSD, you're inspiring me to try harder x
  • teafor2
    Options
    He is lovely Wannabe - most of the time :rotfl:

Hi Reflecting - I don't struggle with NSD's probably because I don't work so I don't have to go out every day which means less temptation. I used to spend quite a lot at lunchtimes just because I was bored. I noticed you wrote about DD3. Looking after 3 children on your own is hard and there's always something they need isn't there which makes NSD's doubly hard. Hope you have a lovely weekend and that some things get sorted for you on Monday x
  • 117pauline
    Options
    Sorry to hear you are suffering. I hope the attack goes over soon.

I am supposed to be returning to Spain early January. At the moment I am not sure quite when as a consultant appt scheduled for between Christmas and New Year has now been changed to the 8th.

I access the ebooks and audio books here in Spain which is fantastic and saves me heaps of money. There are several charity shops near which stock English books but I find it so convenient to have them on my tablet.

I don't know about you but I really like magazines but find once read, it is rare that I want to keep more than a couple of articles if that. I read each new magazine then they disappear!!

So far I have not felt Christmassy at all. I have never liked it and find it difficult to handle. I think it is all about so many expectations. I am cooking Christmas lunch for my mum and her friends. I am not going to overdo the portions as I know she finds a plateful of food overwhelm her so small portions and then there won't be so many tempting leftovers. I miss having someone to cook for. Often it doesn't seem worth it just for me.

Have a lovely weekend
    Pauline
    Don't get it perfect - Get it going
    Better Than Before
  • teafor2
    Options
    Day 15/31, £56.06, 8 x NSD's, Prolific £7.21

Thanks Pauline - it's coming to the end now. It's not painful but it makes me feel constantly nauseous, which funnily enough only goes by eating things like bread and crackers. Might not get on the scales this week :rotfl:

I never keep magazines or re-read books so the library would be good for me. I'm one of these old fashioned people that like to turn pages rather than scroll :Dm Hope your appointment doesn't get put back, so you can get back to Spain. That's lovely of you to cook for your Mum and friends.

In money spending news I'm going into town today. There are a couple of bits I need so I'll be back later to update spending. Don't envisage it being too much though.

Have a good weekend everybody :)
  • WannabeFree
    WannabeFree Posts: 4,438 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Have a lovely day Teafor2

x
  • teafor2
    Options
    Day 16/31, £56.06, 8 x NSD's, Prolific £7.41

Good Morning Everybody :)

I spent £20.13 yesterday, but only £3.16 of that was my money, so not too bad. I did use the cash I'd been given by hubby though so need to transfer that over to my account today.

I need to look at the joint account today, things have been coming out of there that I'd normally stand the cost for so need to check where we're up to with that.

Nothing planned for today apart from going to a Carol Service this evening. DD is home from Uni at some point this week, she keeps putting the date back because there's a party or a night out in town :cool: It's also the last week of school. DS finishes on Friday and doesn't return until 7th Jan which seems late but I like having them home so it's all good.

The Avon lady has just knocked on the door so that's another £8 gone before I've even got dressed :D

B/f £56.06
    Avon £8.00
    Candles £3.16
    Cash left: £44.90

Hope you all have a good Sunday. :)
  • MR_M_P
    MR_M_P Posts: 23 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Teafor2
    Your dog grooming sounds expensive to me, could you do it yourself?
    £15 for a couple of coffees also sounds a lot
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure