We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Slipping Through My Fingers

Options

Comments

• teafor2
    teafor2 Posts: 3,322 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Day 13/31, £63.56, 7 NSD's

I really need to do something in the house today after spending most of yesterday watching the news.

There's a spend that I need to account for already and I'm toying with the idea of popping into town and picking up some more candles so it's not going to be a NSD but I've got 7 under my belt already so I'm pleased with that.

I don't think I've ever been as organised with gifts before. I'm usually buying right up to the last minute. It's an odd feeling. On one hand I feel everything is under control, on the other I have a moment of panic every now and then that I've forgotten somebody.

Hope today is a good one for everybody. :)
  • WannabeFree
    Options
    Hope you have a lovely day

X
    “Once you hit rock bottom, that's where you perfectly stand; That's your chance of restarting, but restarting the way.”
  • Choccygirl123
    Options
    Hi tea,

Just popped in to see how you're doing. Well done on the NSDs and keeping the cash in your wallet.

I've finished my Xmas shopping too and it's a huge relief knowing that's the spending bit over. It's strange being this organised but wanted it all done in case another op was on the cards before Christmas. Bought it all, but not wrapped it yet?Have you got yours all wrapped yet?
    Finally Debt Free 24/4/2023 
  • teafor2
    Options
    Yes, I've got everything wrapped as well, which is even weirder :rotfl:

I'm sorry, I read you'd been signed off work after an injury but must have missed the important fact you'd had an operation. Is there a real possibility you may have to have another one before Christmas or any time for that matter? That must be really worrying for you. :(
  • teafor2
    edited 13 December 2018 at 5:10PM
    Options
    Thanks Wannabe, hope your day has been as well as can be expected with a little one that's poorly.

Forgot I had to wait in for a delivery so didn't go into town after all. Which means another NSD.

Started today with £63.56
    Less £7.50 PayPal payment
    Leaves me with £56.06

Having a freezer tea tonight of fish fingers and chips so a night off cooking for me :T
  • enthusiasticsaver
    Options
    Sounds like you are doing well with your NSDs and good that you not being exposed to germs. You have something to look forward to next week instead. I have a Xmas dinner/dance tomorrow night with ex work colleagues who I keep up with in spite of being retired. Only thing I miss about work is the people :rotfl::rotfl:

I cannot be bothered with the political shenanigans going on at the moment so avoided TV yesterday. Not sure what the answer is to how we move forward. The country is so divided with almost half of us not wanting this anyway. Time will tell I suppose.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free Wannabe, Budgeting and Banking and Savings and Investment boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • teafor2
    Options
    The NSD's are definitely mounting up. I might have to set a record breaker for January just to inspire me.

You didn't miss much yesterday. I voted out and was shocked that was the winning vote but I'm even more shocked at how divided we've become as a country over the past 2 years :(

My work colleagues were fantastic. I've worked in a few places over the years and had to endure office politics and plain nastiness but the last place was brilliant. I used to look forward to going in every day.

Hope you enjoy your dinner/dance. It's good that you keep in touch with your colleagues, they must be a nice bunch. I have a couple of work friends I still see :)
  • WannabeFree
    WannabeFree Posts: 4,438 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I didn't watch either yesterday, what ever is going to happen will and I get worried when I watch it :o

Hope you've had a good day
    x
    “Once you hit rock bottom, that's where you perfectly stand; That's your chance of restarting, but restarting the way.”
  • teafor2
    Options
    Hi Wannabe, yes, what will be will be now. I think we'll all just be glad when it's over and done with, especially the PM. :rotfl:
  • teafor2
    Options
    Day 14/31, £56.06, 7 x NSD's

Need to go to the local shops today to post some letters and pop to the butchers. Apart from this I can't see any other spends again.

I've been having a think about food for Christmas. We don't go over the top, I tend to look at it as a normal roast dinner but with devils on horseback added and a pudding thrown in :D I'll probably end up spending about £30 extra, if that, on Christmassy bits likes cheese, nuts etc. We don't drink .... anymore ;) so that saves us a load of money and relatives that visit are older so cups of tea are generally the order of the day.

I'm suffering from an attack of GERD this week. Happens maybe half a dozen times a year and lasts for a few days. Can never connect it to anything but it's horrible. Hopefully it's nearly run its course.

Hope you all have a good day. :)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 249K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure