🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Slipping Through My Fingers

Options

Comments

• Choccygirl123
    Options
    You're doing really well keeping track of spends. It's amazing how much I think I'll buy those out of my spends, like a curry treat. Hubby on the other hand never does! That's going to change and I'm going to
    Finally Debt Free 24/4/2023 
  • Choccygirl123
    Options
    Sorry it posted and can't edit! I'm going to stick to his trick and not offer to buy! I really want to save up for a nice spa visit with my best friend. I'm going to use it more for me!
  • teafor2
    teafor2 Posts: 3,322 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Ain't that the truth EE :rotfl: But to quote Bob Dylan "the times they are a changin" :D I am so glad I've started this diary. It's not as interesting or fast moving or debt busting as a lot of others but it's doing it's job for me and that's the main thing. 18 days of officially keeping track of money and it's hard to convey how much my mindset has already changed.

Choccygirl, it's liberating when you don't open your purse or your mouth to offer to pay for something and I heartily recommend giving it a go. ;) My first was a £7.50 haircut for DS and I had to sit on my hands to stop me handing the money to hubby. It was hardly mega bucks but I felt like I'd jumped a huge mental hurdle. It's not about becoming mean. It's about getting the other half to cough up for joint treats as well. The spa day is a lovely thing to save up for.

Wannabe - thank you. I had a lovely day. I'm really sorry to read yours hasn't been that good. The lack of understanding and compassion from people who in all honesty should know better astounds me. Just hope the lovely, kind MSE-ers on here go some way to restoring your faith in humanity. x
  • teafor2
    Options
    Day 18/31, £44.90, 10 x NSD's, Prolific £8.41 cleared and £2.50 pending

Well, today was no more spendy than I anticipated, although coffee was a bit more than usual due to a small festive blow out. :santa2: Just had a nice £2.50 survey so ending the day with a bit more money than I thought I would.

Coffee - £8.49
    Face Powder - £2.98
    Birthday Card - 50p
    Total spent : £11.97
    Total left: £32.93
  • teafor2
    Options
    Morning Everybody :)

Day 19/31, £32.93, 10 x NSD's, Prolific £8.94 cleared/£2.50 pending

It's all go for me today. The groomers are here this morning, I'm at the hairdressers this afternoon and then out with friends tonight. Thanks to hubby's treat and me saving up for the groomers last month all costs are covered, so in theory none of this should cost me anything.

I'm determined to have something to carry over to next month but with 12 days to go until I get 'paid' I'm not sure how realistic that is. I know for definite I'll have 3 NSD's over Christmas, but I'm not sure about the other 9 days :D Apart from going out tonight I've not got anything else planned so who knows I might be able to pull it off.

:xmassmile Just 6 more sleeps to go. This time next week it will all be over with for another year. ;)
  • WannabeFree
    Options
    Have a lovely day :)

Hope the groomers and hairdressers go well and you have a lovely evening out :)

x
    “Once you hit rock bottom, that's where you perfectly stand; That's your chance of restarting, but restarting the way.”
  • Choccygirl123
    Options
    I am going to give it a go because when I think back, it's always money from my account that keeps the joint account going. Fir example the cheques and old notes I've still to pay in should be destined fir my account but I'll add them to the joint. My spending on me has stopped! I'm desperate for cut abd highlights but I can't get up huge flight of stairs at the hairdressers without bum shuffling up. I'm not at work and hardly go out, so embracing the odd grey and will treat myself in new year.
  • teafor2
    Options
    Not spending on ourselves seems to be a very easy habit to get into but not so easy to stop. I think it's just part and parcel of being a Mum. Mentally, just putting our names back on the list can be a struggle never mind positioning ourselves anywhere near the top :o We'll crack it though and having something to aim for helps.

When I tallied up the household spends of nearly £50 it wasn't anywhere near as much as I thought it would be, but then I thought actually that's 20% of my money that I'd normally have used. Being on here even for this short amount of time has opened my eyes. Admittedly it's my own fault it's got to this but I'm determined to change things from now on.
  • Choccygirl123
    Options
    That can be a joint new year's pact! I'd love to go on a lovely spa break when I'm back in my feet with my best friend. No more using mummies money :A
  • teafor2
    Options
    Yes, Choccygirl, we can keep an eye on each other and make sure we're the priority sometimes ;)

Day 20/31, £32.93, 11 x NSD's, Prolific £8.94 cleared and £2.50 pending

Had a lovely time with my friends last night although I'm feeling a bit out of sorts this morning. Not because I drink excessively, 2 glasses of wine over 5 hours to be precise, but alcohol really doesn't agree with me. I can never resist when I'm out though, so I've only myself to blame.

Nothing planned today, either in the way of doing anything or spending anything. In fact, I'm just sat here waiting for Christmas to arrive. :D It's strange how different the build up is when children are no longer at primary school. No concerts, no nativity plays, no Christmas parties, no discos, no panto trips, no counting how many more sleeps. I miss those days, not too much, but definitely a teeny bit.

Hope you all have a lovely day and those of you with little ones are enjoying the excitement of the build up to the big day. :santa2:
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 10 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure