🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Slipping Through My Fingers

Options

Comments

• teafor2
    teafor2 Posts: 3,322 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    When I looked at the shopping receipts from today it was all food so I didn't ctually spend anything again. Think that's a first on a shopping day. :T

So that's a total of 6 NSD's and all my money still intact. Tomorrow will definitely be a different story though. I'm meeting up with some friends for a meal :D

Hope everybody has had a good day.
  • WannabeFree
    WannabeFree Posts: 4,438 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Well done on another NSD. You are doing really well!

We are quite lucky we still have our main local library. The smaller ones have closed (one was burnt down recently!) Bolton library/museum is great though the smalls love it.

We do go to Bury at times. The out-laws live over that way too.

x
    “Once you hit rock bottom, that's where you perfectly stand; That's your chance of restarting, but restarting the way.”
  • teafor2
    Options
    Thanks Wannabe - yesterday's NSD was completely unexpected! If you head over to Bury sometimes we should try and have that brew one day :) How are you and the little ones? I've posted this on your thread but just to reiterate, we all want to help get your girl home to you.

Day 12/31, **£69.16**, 6 NSD's.

I did a count up of my money last night and only had £63.56. After a lot of messing about trying to find out where I'd gone wrong again :o I realised on 8th December I had 71.52 then spent £7.96 on foodbank which should have given me £63.56 not £69.16!! Lordy, I'm really rubbish with these figures at times. It's convinced me that this diary is the way to go. Even if I get it wrong at times I have a good chance of finding out why. :cool:

Tonight's meal with friends has been cancelled. A couple of them aren't well so we've re-arranged for next week instead. That's OK by me I don't want any germs being shared before Christmas.

I'm glued to the TV today watching the political shambles that's going on around us so I think this could well be NSD 7. I've just had a quick look and I've not spent a penny of my money since Saturday. I'm either really good at this or lead a boring life, I suspect it's the latter ;)

Have a good day everybody :)
  • WannabeFree
    Options
    A brew sounds good. After the Christmas madness and germs have died down?

Thank you for your lovely replies on my diary.

Sorry the dinner is cancelled but like you say better than catching germs so close to Xmas and at least you have it to look forward to next week (and you get to keep hold of the pennies a little longer ;))

Hope you have a good day
    x
    “Once you hit rock bottom, that's where you perfectly stand; That's your chance of restarting, but restarting the way.”
  • teafor2
    Options
    It's a date :) We can put the world to rights :rotfl:

I'm not too bothered about the meal being put off for a week and like you say I get to hang on to my money plus I'll be a week nearer to getting my spends for January ;)
  • teafor2
    Options
    Well a very boring day here. Nothing spent and nothing much achieved. I'm slightly down with with my money even though I've not bought anything due to a mis-calculation - again :cool:

Sat waiting to see what happens in Parliament. Honestly, I might not be able to add up ;) but I'm sure I could run the country better :rotfl:
  • WannabeFree
    Options
    At least boring is free ;)

x
  • teafor2
    Options
    Amen to that Wannabe. I've been a rebel and broken a rule today :rotfl:. Hope it helps in some way. :)
  • Chrystal
    Chrystal Posts: 1,891 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    I was glued to the TV today as well, watching the same thing as you..... don't know whether to laugh or cry!:eek: :eek:
    I Believe.....
    That it isn't always enough, to be forgiven by others.
    Sometimes, you have to learn to forgive yourself.

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery
    Today is a gift. That's why it is called the present.

happiness isn't achieved by getting extra things,
    but by getting rid of the things that make you unhappy
  • teafor2
    Options
    Nor do I Chrystal :( What I do know is after all the palava of yesterday she's probably no further forward with getting the deal through parliament. I'm sure she's been brainwashed :rotfl: She just keeps repeating the same words!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 10 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure