Slimming for Santa - Slimming World support thread 2018

Options

Comments

• kathrynha
    kathrynha Posts: 2,469 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    Our group has 8 blokes, and at least 4 of them stay to group each week. They really add to the dynamic of the group.
    One of them is on the social team and one is always early which possibly makes it easier on new blokes if 2 others are already in the room when they arrive.

Along with our male members, a number of the females have husbands/boyfriends at home that are losing weight thanks to SW, some of them not even aware they are doing it :)
    Zebras rock
  • Stoke
    Stoke Posts: 3,182 Forumite
    Options
    kathrynha wrote: »
    Our group has 8 blokes, and at least 4 of them stay to group each week. They really add to the dynamic of the group.
    One of them is on the social team and one is always early which possibly makes it easier on new blokes if 2 others are already in the room when they arrive.

Along with our male members, a number of the females have husbands/boyfriends at home that are losing weight thanks to SW, some of them not even aware they are doing it :)

8????? Eight???? That's crazy. I think there's about 5 across all three groups for me. I am in the late group and there is just myself these days. The other lad who did it has basically stopped coming, although I still nominated him :D
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,663 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Pixielottie~~ The person that dpoes the weigh should only say encouraging things :mad:

Well done V1cki :j

Pleased for you Stoke :D
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 16,603 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    edited 31 October 2018 at 4:50PM
    Options
    Well done Fatrab on being nominated for Mr Sleek. Good luck.

Congratulations Stoke on being your group's Mr Sleek- doesn't matter that it was by default you still got your shiny for it!

Been busy cooking today and have only just finished! Will have to start again in a hour or so on dinner!

I've made a few jars of syn free onion chutney; a jar and a bit of beetroot chutney (1st and last time I've made it!), it's a bit dry and not much flavour but it'll still get eaten. I've also made some faggots - should be enough for at least 2 meals for both of us or perhaps even 3.

My DD1 has just phoned and said she's coming over so have her for dinner tonight. Was going to have the faggots but she said she doesn't fancy them so it's going to be sweet and sour chicken & rice which is what I was going to do for dinner tomorrow.

Had to take DH to the hospital this morning after he'd been to see the doctor. He's got an eye infection and the GP wanted him to go to get his eye stained to check he hasn't damaged the eyeball. Well I had that done last year and couldn't see properly for several hours and certainly wouldn't have been able to drive. Needn't of gone as his eye was clear within a few minutes. As it was lunchtime we decided to use the hospital restaurant for lunch. I wanted a jacket & beans and they'd run out of jackets. How annoying is that.

Anyway today's food:

B - toast and marmite; satsuma
    L - vegetable cottage pie, broccoli - think the mash was instant and certainly quite dry so think there might just have been a bit of milk and no butter in it so just a few syns
    D - sweet & sour chicken & rice - 2 syns for sweet & sour

Denise
  • beanielou
    edited 31 October 2018 at 5:08PM
    Options
    We lost our consultant in August & since then we have had stand in after stand in & no contininuity which is dispiriting.
    Numbers are really starting to fall away.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,965 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Afternoon all :D
    Well done to all the Mr Sleek's:T:T
    Well done everyone that has lost:T:T
    Nice to see you back Kathryn x
    I am really resisting the urge to eat everything in sight:o i have not yet..........i feel if i start i wont stop an would be SO mad with a big gain:eek:
    I don't know if its because my routine is different and not been to group?
    HELP!!!!!
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • bubbs
    Options
    Curly, i just set my target at a number i liked:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • beanielou
    Options
    Bubbs~~most likely as you havent been to group & the stress of moving.
    Keep plodding xx

• bubbs
    Options
    beanielou wrote: »
    Bubbs~~most likely as you havent been to group & the stress of moving.
    Keep plodding xx

I am plodding, dont stop me wanting:rotfl:
  • curl_girl
    curl_girl Posts: 4,622 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Thanks for target info everyone.
    I'll just try and do my best.

Honeydew melons are £1 again in T as are LM vegetarian sausages.
    I never think melon tastes as nice in winter but I have bought one today.
    curl girl with a space - even though there is no space in my cupboard!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure