Slimming for Santa - Slimming World support thread 2018

Options

Comments

• Bozwood
    Bozwood Posts: 216 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I would like to join this group please I go to group I am part of the social team at the 10am group and do the weigh in I enjoy this and I am always pleased for any loss however small. I need to do better myself I only loss small amounts so I am writing it down this month I am not very good a doing this
  • esmy
    esmy Posts: 1,341 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Afternoon everyone.

Well done to those with awards/nominations! Every bit of extra encouragement helps, doesn't it?

Good to have you back Kathryn, and welcome newbies.

I have a house dangerously full of sweeties, bought for the trick or treaters who were very thin on the ground last night. I weakened and had a swizzle lolly (one of my childhood favourites) which must be pure sugar - just looked up the calories and surprisingly low, so not as bad as I imagined. I need to get rid of the rest, especially the mini mars bars as I know I won't stop at one!

I'm still managing to hover a bit below target so happy with that.

Good luck all for the rest of the week.
  • joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 16,595 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Welcome to bubblesmum and Bozwood. Everybody is welcome to join in. You might find it helpful to post your menu plans for the day. Sometimes others can see things which you can't and it can be really helpful.

This morning was really quite emotional with the stories from the nominees for Miss Slinky - there were 3 or 4 members whose stories we'd not heard before, the other nominees have been nominated before either for Miss Slinky or other competitions. Mr Sleek was won by the same guy as for the last 3 years - by default! He's the only one who actually stays to group, although there are, I think, 4 who come in every week to get weighed.

I was absolutely amazed to STS this week although I've tried to be good since Monday after realising on Sunday I was already over syns for the week! That's the problem with going away for a few days. Hopefully this week should be OK and I should get a loss. All food has been planned.

Next week it'll be hard going again as away in the van again from Thursday afternoon until Sunday! Think I might stick to spirits and diet drinks for the weekend!

Today's plan:

B - tasters at group - 2 syns
    L - seafood sticks, smoked salmon, salad, HEB bread & butter - 2 syns
    D - HM faggots with syn free onion gravy; mash; green beans & Brussels. The faggots are only 1.5 syns for 4 portions so will count as 0.5

HEA - milk in tea as usual
    HEB - bread
    Syns - tasters 2; butter 2; faggots 0.5 = 4.5. May have either a G&T or a rum & ginger beef

Denise
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,626 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Bubblesmum wrote: »
    Please can I join this thread I have 17lbs to reach target. Beanielou and I chat on other threads.p and is an imspiration.

My reason to loose weight, is the same as hers, we have similar mobility hurdles to conquer....

Hello :wave:
    Join in my lovely friend.

Lots of help & support here.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,626 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Bozwood wrote: »
    I would like to join this group please I go to group I am part of the social team at the 10am group and do the weigh in I enjoy this and I am always pleased for any loss however small. I need to do better myself I only loss small amounts so I am writing it down this month I am not very good a doing this

Welcome to our lovely thread.
    Also part of the social team.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Top_Girl
    Top_Girl Posts: 1,211 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Is it just me or is it getting really cold now?

After all my fuss, I didn't register yesterday as I got stuck in town with Top Baby due to rubbish buses and missed it! Definitely next week.

A big brunch of sausage, hash brown and poached egg toastie (3 syns for hash browns) with a pile of mushrooms, onions and tomatoes on the side.

Chicken biryani for tea.

Maybe a hot chocolate later.

Loads of BM as I marched down to the post office with a parcel to return, only to discover they didn't do Hermes returns, so off to the supermarket I went :( almost on my 10,000 steps already though!
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,961 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Afternoon all :D
    Welcome to the newbies:D
    I am or was part of Social team (will see when i return if been replaced permanently:o)
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • Vixstar
    Vixstar Posts: 967 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Just a quick one to report a 2lb loss really pleased with that as it undoes my holiday gain and I'm getting closer to my next shiny.
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,658 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Not like me to miss posting my menu. Posted yesterday and it disappeared and I didn't have time to do it all over again.:(

Have read through and caught up. :) Welcome to our newbies. Just post your target for the challenge if you want and Chris will put you on the list then you just post losses (if any;)) weekly.

I went to group this morning and gained half a pound! That's in 8 weeks. So that's the good news. The bad news is I was already at the top of range so now I have to lose half a pound AT LEAST!

I'm feeling positive. I have a good clear week free of meals out coming up so should be able to do it.:)

The stories this morning were very interesting, moving even. Our consultant is going to the SW ball at the weekend. Not sure if that's a regional thing? What surprised me is that she said the food won't be in her control. I'd have thought that a SW ball would serve up SW food. How strange??

She gave me one of the target booklets this morning so I'll read that and see if I learn anything. She also told us that when the new books/plans come out there will be a big emphasis on having enough protein. Apparently they've noticed that people get hungry if they don't have enough and then are tempted to snack on the wrong things.

My EE plan for today:
    B: NAS grapefruit, HEB Weetabix and HEA milk
    L: LO chicken free casserole
    D: veggie chilli with rice and cottage cheese
    Syns: half!:D

It was tasting this morning. I was ashamed that I hadn't taken anything but I didn't know. I did take something for the SoW box though. There was a lot of sweet stuff but I just kept to savouries which were free except for one delicious onion bhaji.
  • joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 16,595 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Maman - that was me a few weeks ago - just 1/2lb out of top end but life was busy and I didn't manage to lose it in my grace week and ended up having to pay for 2 weeks before losing 1lb last week to get back inside range and stayed there today.

Was the half syn for the onion bharji at taster this morning? Was it because they were very small or because it wasn't the recipe from the website, because they're 1 syn each. If you've got the recipe I wouldn't mind if you could post it here as I sometimes make them to snack on in the evening - I usually make a dozen and we'll have a couple each with dinner and then the rest during the evening.

When my consultant said about the new books coming out in December she said there wasn't going to be a new plan just new books. I'd assumed it was because of the huge number of syn changes there's been this year!

Your menu today looks like a Green day so you could have another HEA & HEB if you wanted:D.

Denise
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport