Official Trying to Conceive - Thread 13

Options

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    Sending you hugs hotcookie. Important dates will always be hard because of that contrast between where you are and where you imagined yourself...
    Hope you have an easy ride with your period, the sooner it starts the sooner it can finish right?
  • athensgeorgia
    Options
    Hotcookie I really feel for you having been there myself. I hope this doesn't look too negative but you may find there are other 'milestones' that crop up along the way and although they're difficult to deal with you do survive them.

I was all geared up to deal with the anniversary of the MC starting and AF arrived on the same day. I normally get really down about AF but because I was upset about the MC I wasn't so focused on the AF let down feeling which helped me in a weird way.

I've read this so many times, directed at me, directed to others and also by me that it's very difficult the loss of a baby but you do manage to move on. I still have difficult moments but I remember those first feelings after the MC and the grief and shock you must be feeling but I know those feelings have died down somewhat and I can feel improvement. You just need to give yourself time. HTH
  • Rachylou1981
    Options
    Sorry to hear that Hotcookie, sadly as AthensGeorgia explains, the milestones keep coming and are tough. I feel a bit more relaxed now my due date has passed but obviously every month that passes that I am not pregnant is a bitter pill to swallow.

Regarding OPKs, I always did mine after work so could be between 4.30-7pm and sometimes I'd forget and do them much later in the evening. I never did them earlier. I always have 2 days of positives but had 3 in my November cycle which was annoying as I was unwell and continuing DTD was tough. It isn't always easy to do it but even just once around that time should be enough.

I got a letter this week to say I'm being referred to gynaecology. Feel a bit scared and if I'm honest, keep praying for a BFP so I don't need to go for testing. OH hasn't done his SA yet either, we have been struggling to find a time so far because of the 'rules'
  • sulphate
    sulphate Posts: 1,235 Forumite
    Options
    kirtsypoos I get that. I was having 60 day cycles last time i was ttc so using OPKs actually made it less stressful for us. BTW OPKs actually indicate ovulation should take place in the next 12-24 hours so may well get more than one positive - you could probably DTD tonight and not miss the window!

Hugs to those who need them xx
  • Zeni
    Zeni Posts: 424 Forumite
    Options
    After reading the chat on here I've ordered some cheapie OPK online and a BBT thermometer.. I don't really know what to expect from them! Tbh all this stuff feels a bit overwhelming to begin with..or is that just me? I've wanted to start trying for a long time but now I am it feels like a crazy big deal.
    Swagbuckling since Aug 2016 - Earnings so far.. £55.
  • Munchkin84
    Options
    I thought it was all overwhelming at first. I think you can go hell for leather or take some aspects. I used a tracker to monitor my temp and opks.
    Then I stopped temping as I felt I was getting too obsessed with it all, I just used opks around days 13-15 as my cycles had become regular.
    Good luck, but any questions, just ask on here, there's a wealth of knowledge and lovely people.
  • Zeni
    Zeni Posts: 424 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks Munchkin I started using the Ovia app over a week ago just to record my Totm and then though I could add my temps to it. I think a little part of me is just getting a bit freaked out about the whole process.
    Swagbuckling since Aug 2016 - Earnings so far.. £55.
  • twigpig
    twigpig Posts: 1,210 Forumite
    Options
    TTC thread

Two Week Wait (BFP Hopefuls)
    CD23 sulphate - 5 dpo
    CD23 Chelle22 - 6 dpo
    CD32 athensgeorgia - 9 dpo

"If in doubt - BD" Zone
    CD?? LinaT
    CD?? Orange_Candle - awaiting ov
    CD6 twigpig - awaiting ov
    CD11 Zeni - awaiting ov
    CD13 ButterflyBabe - awaiting ov
    CD14 kirtsypoos - awaiting ov
    CD16 dragoneye454 - awaiting ov
    CD57 DSM348 - awaiting ov
    CD70 easilydistracted - Awaiting ov
    CD91 angel11 - Awaiting ov
    CD116 midget_1907 - Awaiting ov

"Wine and Chocolate" zone
    CD3 Claire_A87

Those we haven't heard from in a while
    LittleMissGiggle
    (06.10.16)
    Slinky_Selina (26.10.16)

Those with * sometimes uses conceive plus/preseed.
    The names in blue has a link to their Fertility Friend chart.
    When posting updates, can you please do them in Magenta so it's easy to spot. This thread is all about support, so remember to click thanks on as many posts as you can! It makes us all feel loved.

For those posting on smartphones or tablets the code for magenta is
    ([ )COLOR="magenta"( ] )your text ( [ )/COLOR ( ] ) (lose the round bracket)

Please let me know if anything needs editing (including the zone you are in) and I will try to keep up.

Thread Graduates :T
    chickenmama 10/12/16
    PeppaCoin BFP 29/11/16
    Ratison BFP 05/11/16
    Newthrift BFP 20/10/16
    Snowscreamer BFP 15/10/16
    Firebird082 BFP 08/10/16
    Penguingirl BFP 24/09/16
    april87 BFP 22/09/16
    Keekee BFP 21/08/16
    Clarabell1984 BFP 21/7/16
    Cats2012 BFP 9/7/16
    big5 BFP 15/6/16
    sexymouse BFP 4/6/16
    VicVics BFP 16/5/16
    MancMama4 BFP 29/4/16
    pinkpetal BFP 24/4/16
    Apple1985 BFP 19/4/16
    Tinks05 BFP 18/4/16
    TTC #3..........
  • kirtsypoos
    kirtsypoos Posts: 3,824 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Cashback Cashier
    Options
    Hi twigpig, please could you move me to 2WW? I think I OV'd yesterday but probably not going to happen this month as fertile window has not been used much!

OH and I had a bit of a todo last night as he said he wasn't in the mood and nothing I could do was going to change his mind. I was annoyed being that he was away with work so we missed my actual LH surge and I was hoping to catch the tail end of fertile window yesterday but he said no and that was that...
    I'm not sure if I'm being over sensitive but I feel really annoyed by it...

My temps don't seem to be predicting/pointing to ov either, I definitely had a positive OPK with test line darker than control on Tues and yesterday test line and control line were same colour, but my temp is dipping rather than rising so I'm confused by it all at the moment.
    :j PAID VERY, Barclaycard x3, Vanquis, Natwest, O/D, Tesco & MBNA x2 PAID :j LBM 24/07/15 - Original Debt: £0/31010.23 (100% paid) :eek:
    Mortgage - £151.316.54 :eek:
  • cats2012
    cats2012 Posts: 1,182 Forumite
    Options
    Hey kirsty - mine used to take a day or two to rise so don't worry. Are you managing to take it at the same time without getting up or anything?
    Officially Mrs B as of March 2013
    TTC since Apr 2015, baby B born March 2017
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport