The Trials & Tribulations of Trying to Conceive when its just not happening (12m+)

Options

Comments

• picklekin
    picklekin Posts: 889 Forumite
    Options
    I just earnt me a magnum!
  • pinkteapot
    pinkteapot Posts: 8,040 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Still no AF proper. :( Just a couple of spots all day. Weirdly, period pains have started, though mild. Never had them before AF before! Wish it would hurry up - really hoping I can call tomorrow rather than waiting until Monday.
  • Fairy_dust
    Fairy_dust Posts: 170 Forumite
    Options
    Sorry to hear your news Danielley. Sending you big hugs. Hope everything goes well with your egg collection next week.

Frozen Thats fantastic news about your clinic starting endo scratches. My clinic started just before Xmas and the nurse told me that in the first month 15 people who had them, 8 got pregnant so about 50% which is quite good. I have my scratch on Wed so will let you know how it was.

Not sure if any of you ladies have read it but I am reading The Infertility Cure by Randine Lewis, it's quite an interesting book and I would def recommend it to those who haven't. I got it on eBay for around £6. She is very much into her acupuncture, diet, herbs etc and seems to have helped quite a few ladies.

Pink If AF does come and you are about to start IVF then I think we may be going through it at the same time?

Hugs to those that need them xx

AFM Scratch on Wed, start Norethisterone on 20th last dose on the 27th & start my meds on 31st/1st? Booked in for EC week beginning 11th August. Since this is round 3 eating mostly healthy, having wheatgrass shots.....yuk!!, acupuncture and just finished some herbs. Acupuncturist said I've got cold uterus and that's why they aren't implanting. My lower abdomen has been freezing to touch for years now but never realised that such a thing existed. He said it was probably due to being on birth control years ago! How ironic!! Also I have really dark, clotty periods and this is due to the cold too. Been wearing thick socks to bed, hot water bottle on my tummy, warm foot soak at night, drinking hot drinks and I'm starting to notice a difference, still a wee bit cold to touch but not nearly as cold as before.

Sorry I seem to have written a novel but just thought if someone had the same symptoms then maybe they might want to read up on it.

Xx
    52 Week Challenge £15/£1378
  • tea_lover
    tea_lover Posts: 8,261 Forumite
    Options
    Why have I just watched a programme about adoption??
  • pinkteapot
    Options
    tea_lover wrote: »
    Why have I just watched a programme about adoption??

Is it something you're considering?
  • pinkteapot
    Options
    CD1, woohoo! Never thought I'd say that. :D

Phoned the clinic. The nurses will now schedule us in and we'll get a letter in the post with first scan date and treatment schedule.

As the nurses need to schedule us I assume we might still be postponed, but I'll assume we're in this month until I hear otherwise!

Fairy dust - I'm on long protocol, so about two weeks of down-reg starting on CD21 then a couple of weeks of stimming. I'm guessing EC would be around week beginning 25th August, but not sure yet. Won't be far behind you. :)
  • tea_lover
    tea_lover Posts: 8,261 Forumite
    Options
    pinkteapot wrote: »
    Is it something you're considering?

No, so no idea why I watched it! Also this was about open adoption in the US, where the adoptive parents are involved throughout the pg and then the birth parents retain contact after adoption.

Was heartbreaking.
  • pinkteapot
    Options
    tea_lover wrote: »
    No, so no idea why I watched it! Also this was about open adoption in the US, where the adoptive parents are involved throughout the pg and then the birth parents retain contact after adoption.

Was heartbreaking.

Oh, tea. :( We need to find you some distractions for anytime you get tempted to watch something like that.
  • codemonkey
    codemonkey Posts: 6,534 Forumite
    Options
    Think I've just been cured of my need for children. Just been to the supermarket where it's clear that the shine of the school holidays (they started on Monday here) has totally worn off for some parents. :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    Eu não sou uma tartaruga. Eu sou um codigopombo.
  • pinkteapot
    Options
    codemonkey wrote: »
    Think I've just been cured of my need for children. Just been to the supermarket where it's clear that the shine of the school holidays (they started on Monday here) has totally worn off for some parents. :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Why oh why is a trip to the supermarket a family outing for so many people? I hardly ever went as a kid. Mum or dad would go and do the shopping at a time when the other was around to look after us. Of course it's different for single parent families, but our local supermarkets are always full of two-parents-with-kids and everyone's miserable! Argh! :mad:
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback