Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Former MSE Samantha
    • By Former MSE Samantha 28th Jan 13, 4:52 PM
    • 23Posts
    • 6Thanks
    Former MSE Samantha
    Add your feedback on energy supplier M&S Energy
    • 28th Jan 13, 4:52 PM
    Add your feedback on energy supplier M&S Energy 28th Jan 13 at 4:52 PM
    This is a feedback thread on energy supplier

M&S Energy

Please share your experience with other MoneySavers. Click reply to take part
    • Did you switch go smoothly?
    • Have you had problems since?
    • Is it easy to contact?
    The feedback comes as part of the

Click reply below to discuss. If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply. If you aren’t sure how it all works, watch our New to Forum? Intro Guide.
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 23-10-2014 at 10:23 AM.
Page 1
    • Ziggy Stardust
    • By Ziggy Stardust 16th Aug 13, 12:11 PM
    • 1,407 Posts
    • 931 Thanks
    Ziggy Stardust
    • 16th Aug 13, 12:11 PM
    • 16th Aug 13, 12:11 PM
    Oops no feedback on M&S Energy?
  • Wywth
    • 16th Aug 13, 12:51 PM
    • 16th Aug 13, 12:51 PM
    Oops no feedback on M&S Energy?
    Originally posted by Ziggy Stardust
    As M&S energy is supplied by SSE, I suggest you look at feedback for them ... if you are at all interested
    • jamesperrett
    • By jamesperrett 16th Aug 13, 1:15 PM
    • 845 Posts
    • 482 Thanks
    jamesperrett
    • 16th Aug 13, 1:15 PM
    • 16th Aug 13, 1:15 PM
    It seems that the Cheap Energy Club is showing M&S as the cheapest for a few people now - I just applied to switch yesterday. It will be interesting to see how well it goes. We were on SSE a few years ago with no problems - apart from higher prices.
    • Ziggy Stardust
    • By Ziggy Stardust 16th Aug 13, 1:50 PM
    • 1,407 Posts
    • 931 Thanks
    Ziggy Stardust
    • 16th Aug 13, 1:50 PM
    • 16th Aug 13, 1:50 PM
    As M&S energy is supplied by SSE, I suggest you look at feedback for them ... if you are at all interested
    Originally posted by Wywth
    Thanks I shall do that

It seems that the Cheap Energy Club is showing M&S as the cheapest for a few people now - I just applied to switch yesterday. It will be interesting to see how well it goes. We were on SSE a few years ago with no problems - apart from higher prices.
    Originally posted by jamesperrett
    I was with SSE about 6 years ago and they were good, hope they've kept up their good service. M&S were the cheapest for me on a search too, my current fixed finishes 31st October so I guess I need to be sorting it in the next week or two, hope all goes well for you
  • Wywth
    • 16th Aug 13, 2:13 PM
    • 16th Aug 13, 2:13 PM
    Thanks I shall do that

I was with SSE about 6 years ago and they were good, hope they've kept up their good service. M&S were the cheapest for me on a search too, my current fixed finishes 31st October so I guess I need to be sorting it in the next week or two, hope all goes well for you
    You've almost 2 months before you need to be considering switching, by which time who knows what will be available?
    • Ziggy Stardust
    • By Ziggy Stardust 16th Aug 13, 2:14 PM
    • 1,407 Posts
    • 931 Thanks
    Ziggy Stardust
    • 16th Aug 13, 2:14 PM
    • 16th Aug 13, 2:14 PM
    You've almost 2 months before you need to be considering switching, by which time who knows what will be available?
    Originally posted by Wywth
    Thanks, I thought it took about 6 weeks to set up?
  • Wywth
    • 16th Aug 13, 2:18 PM
    • 16th Aug 13, 2:18 PM
    Thanks, I thought it took about 6 weeks to set up?
    It can take as little as 3 weeks, but typically takes 4-6 weeks.

But 3 weeks, 4 weeks or 6 weeks plus a 'week or two' does not get you to 1st November
    • Ziggy Stardust
    • By Ziggy Stardust 16th Aug 13, 3:36 PM
    • 1,407 Posts
    • 931 Thanks
    Ziggy Stardust
    • 16th Aug 13, 3:36 PM
    • 16th Aug 13, 3:36 PM
    Oops so I have , nothing wrong with being prepared though
    • merlin1
    • By merlin1 17th Aug 13, 1:41 PM
    • 694 Posts
    • 2,273 Thanks
    merlin1
    Hi, I have just gone through the comparison and M&S came up cheaper for me too so I have decided to switch. I'm switching from scottish power where I currently have a credit balance of 50 (plus this months payment still to leave my account) and switching 'should' save me around 10 per month and is fixed until sept 2014.

I'll update as the process goes on
  • b-e-c-k-y100
    Hi,

M&S came up the cheapest for me too and I would like to change to them. I currently have a 300 credit balance with Eon though... what happens to this??
  • dan3811991119
    Hi,

M&S came up the cheapest for me too and I would like to change to them. I currently have a 300 credit balance with Eon though... what happens to this??
    Originally posted by b-e-c-k-y100
    You can ask for a refund once your final bill has been produced
  • Mrs LT
    Hi,
    M&S Fix & Save came up the cheapest for me too (228 less a year). Energy prices fixed until Sept. 2014. However, Standing Charge is not fixed. Is it worth changing???
    • daveyjp
    • By daveyjp 19th Aug 13, 9:21 PM
    • 7,819 Posts
    • 6,393 Thanks
    daveyjp
    We we approached in store and advised they were cheaper. I did my own research and they were.

Switch went smoothly, online system works and never had a problem. Prompt payment for quarterly bills which offsets some of the DD discount, with low useage this is marginal anyway.
    • catslovelycats
    • By catslovelycats 21st Aug 13, 11:58 AM
    • 1,671 Posts
    • 11,202 Thanks
    catslovelycats
    Does anyone know whether the MSE club factors in the Tesco clubacard rewards and discounts when comparing prices?

M&S looks a good deal for me too, but I'm wondering if I need factor in e.on's 6% DD discount and Tesco clubcard points, in which case it may not still be as good a deal...

Anyone know?

Thanks
    • daveyjp
    • By daveyjp 21st Aug 13, 1:04 PM
    • 7,819 Posts
    • 6,393 Thanks
    daveyjp
    Does anyone know whether the MSE club factors in the Tesco clubacard rewards and discounts when comparing prices?

M&S looks a good deal for me too, but I'm wondering if I need factor in e.on's 6% DD discount and Tesco clubcard points, in which case it may not still be as good a deal...

Anyone know?

Thanks
    Originally posted by catslovelycats
    Probably not, but it also probably doesn't mention the M&S vouchers you get for being a customer.
    • apt
    • By apt 21st Aug 13, 1:48 PM
    • 3,082 Posts
    • 1,745 Thanks
    apt
    Bet it does not mention that Quidco is currently offering 50 per fuel cashback on M&S energy either (although there is feedback that it ishard to get M&S energy to pay out the cashback).
  • Wywth
    Bet it does not mention that Quidco is currently offering 50 per fuel cashback on M&S energy either (although there is feedback that it ishard to get M&S energy to pay out the cashback).
    Originally posted by apt
    Official stats from quidco. Don't believe tittle tattle elsewhere.
    Tracking speed
    Less than 6 hours
    (from purchase)
    62% tracked within 6 hours
    29% tracked within 12 hours
    10% tracked within 1 day

Tracking reliability
    96.9% tracked

Cashback claim payment speed
    Less than 5 months
    (from submission date)
    100% paid between 90 to 180 days
    • Ziggy Stardust
    • By Ziggy Stardust 21st Aug 13, 3:25 PM
    • 1,407 Posts
    • 931 Thanks
    Ziggy Stardust

Anyone know?

Thanks
    Originally posted by catslovelycats
    Would it be possible to go to Eon and get a quote where they factor in the 6% discount and compare it to the MSE club quote? As for the Clubcard points I wouldn't count them but just look at them as a little bonus.
    • merlin1
    • By merlin1 22nd Aug 13, 1:40 PM
    • 694 Posts
    • 2,273 Thanks
    merlin1
    quick update on my switch, email received from M&S asking me to click a link and set up an account password. They are now sending a letter with a 4 digit code to complete the online account setup... so far so good
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

480Posts Today

5,643Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • These scams are nothing to do with bitcoin. They are just scams. My view on bitcoin (though a little old now) a? https://t.co/i6rRIOr5hk

• SCAM! SCAM! SCAM! I have nothing to do with 'Bitcoin trading' or any get rich quick type advert or scheme. Don't t? https://t.co/WjitDxAc26

• Now I've heard it all. Apparently my politics is dictated by who follows me! You couldn't make this up. PS and for? https://t.co/hoPf6Jp34N

• Follow Martin