PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

Propsavvy.com

Options
Has anyone used this company? Any reviews.

I really need to move out of my council place and buy a property. I don't earn a lot, £24k but can possibly get a grant to vacate. Not interested in Right to Buy as I'm terrified of the charges plus I'm not confident that I could sell the flat, even though it's a nice flat on 2nd floor, which is the top floor of the whole building. I've been living there over 15 years and the 6ft 18 year old that is my son, is taking up too much room:).

I'd welcome any advice.
Current loan £12,295, Overdraft £550, Natwest C/Card £1295, - AIM - TO SMASH THE JOLLY LOT :D
PPI Success: Lloydstsb loan £2,600 :T, Lloydstsb Visa Credit Card £3,225

Comments

• poppy10_2
    poppy10_2 Posts: 6,575 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Can tell from the domain name that it's dodgy. Avoid.
    poppy10
  • 00ec25
    00ec25 Posts: 9,123 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    JackyHappy wrote: »
    I'd welcome any advice.
    you have not mentioned whether you have any savings at all, if you are relying on a grant to vacate as your source for the money to pay for the deposit, fees and moving costs then you plan is way off what is realistic

as for the website - forget it, it's designed to suck in the gullible
  • 00ec25
    00ec25 Posts: 9,123 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Adamwilson wrote: »
    [FONT=&quot]So if you need a little assistance in buying your property I would defiantly see what they have to offer.[/FONT]

hello newbie - nice bit of :spam:
  • geoffky
    geoffky Posts: 6,835 Forumite
    Options
    press the spam button...
    It is nice to see the value of your house going up'' Why ?
    Unless you are planning to sell up and not live anywhere, I can;t see the advantage.
    If you are planning to upsize the new house will cost more.
    If you are planning to downsize your new house will cost more than it should
    If you are trying to buy your first house its almost impossible.
  • Julia_Villerman
    Options
    @ 'nospampls' ...i'd also like to know how u lost £10,000 wen i bought thru propsavvy and yep....fees wer paid on competition....(yeyyyyy first home)

so alexi..you was informed correctly ..n i think mr 'nospampls' needs to do some explaining
  • Yorkie1
    Yorkie1 Posts: 11,564 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Press spam on adamwilson. First (and only) 2 posts after joining yesterday were to praise this firm.
  • geoffky
    Options
    Massive alarm bells are ringing in my head...too many newbies with vested interest for my liking..
    Unless you are planning to sell up and not live anywhere, I can;t see the advantage.
  • geoffky
    Options
    @ 'nospampls' ...i'd also like to know how u lost £10,000 wen i bought thru propsavvy and yep....fees wer paid on competition....(yeyyyyy first home)

so alexi..you was informed correctly ..n i think mr 'nospampls' needs to do some explaining
    Your spelling is atrocious...
  • jimjames
    jimjames Posts: 17,649 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    geoffky wrote: »
    Massive alarm bells are ringing in my head...too many newbies with vested interest for my liking..

Not often a thread suddenly gets swamped with new members all posting first time.

Something smells fishy!
    Remember the saying: if it looks too good to be true it almost certainly is.
  • chris_m
    chris_m Posts: 8,250 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    jimjames wrote: »
    Something smells fishy!

Not the contents of Baldrick's apple crumble, surely?

;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport