PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

Propsavvy.com

Options

Comments

• jezzthomaz
    Options
    00ec25 wrote: »
    who says it was "worth" 260? propsavvy? An "independent" valuer? How independent????

rightmove shows that 3 bed semi's within 1/2 mile of the "hall gardens" location shown on your link sold within the last 2 years anywhere between 210,000 - 288,000 , so yes you may have successfully purchased at the lower end of what others have already paid but then again you may simply have paid its true value as 219 falls within the boundary of wehat opthers have actually paid so until we know the street its in all we can say is you paid the comapny 4,000 and ended up apyin gthe smae as others have done who did not use that company, so all in all rather pointless

Am not taking anybody's side. But if the above person is insulting Propsavvy by saying '' who says it was "worth" 260? propsavvy? An "independent" valuer? '', then why he is mentioning about rightmove and given the rightmove house prices link? So what rightmove says is always the deadline? you smells fishy....
  • 00ec25
    00ec25 Posts: 9,123 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 5 October 2012 at 9:12PM
    Options
    jezzthomaz wrote: »
    Am not taking anybody's side. But if the above person is insulting Propsavvy by saying '' who says it was "worth" 260? propsavvy? An "independent" valuer? '', then why he is mentioning about rightmove and given the rightmove house prices link? So what rightmove says is always the deadline? you smells fishy....

as you are a FTB, you need an education in property price points and what "worth" means when used by different people - there is a HUGE difference between values at "asking price" and the final sales price. The 260k value on the link to the details of the property purchased reads like an asking price, not a sales price, and therefore has been valued by someone using an obvious price point ploy. Propsavy have a clear vested interest in doing so hence be suspicious of who provided that 260k value

there are many many threads on here showing that it is extremely rare to SELL at between 250 - 260 because of stamp duty. But a very common deliberate marketing ploy to "value" such a property at over 250 so as to ensure that the final sales price is as close to 250 as possible ie on the basis that 10K "off" the 260k asking price makes the buyer "happy" they got money off and gets the seller the most they could realisticially ever have got anyway when is sells for 250k

thus saying they saved 41k against an inflated and unrealistic figure of 260 is misleading

To provide balance I have evidenced via rightmove that there are indeed lots of properties in the apparent immediate area in which the 3 bed purchase has been made that have actually SOLD for between 218 - 288. This is a reality - those figures on rightmove come from the land registry, they are fact, if that is what I think you mean by "deadline"?

So the place purchased at 219k appears to be a realisitic price paid for a property in that area and may indeed be at a discount to the asking price compared to many houses sold in that area, but he did not save 41k, as it was never worth 260k to start with. Unquestionably he purchased a property at the bottom end of the market price for that area, but as he won't confirm the road name, no direct comparsion against the "value" of his actual 3 bed can be made, so all we can say is he paid 219k in an area where at least one house sold for 218k and many more sold for much more

He has unquestionably saved money but the argument that it is attributable only to the fact he used propsavvy is unfounded, because no one would pay more than 250, and a hard nosed buyer would have paid less than 250 anyway. So how much has propsavvy actually saved him compared to what he would have got himself if he'd tried???

I am not sayng propsavvy does not get results, but he did not save 41k, he "saved" at least 10k less than that
  • tomtom1234_2
    Options
    Propsavvy is it a scam or not? I am confused?!?
    Would you pay them 4k?
    I am about to buy a house. Don't have a full deposit that why propssvvy offer with low deposit "invest" sound so good. However I am very sceptical about upfront payment of 4k. I don't mind to purchase a property with an average value in the area. I am afraid they will take my 4k I run away. I heard about company in Europe who offer similar thing, found about 80 couples within a year took money from them and gone.
    Checked Internet and there is no trustable reviews apart of them on their website.
  • bitsandpieces
    bitsandpieces Posts: 1,736 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    tomtom1234 wrote: »
    Propsavvy is it a scam or not? I am confused?!?
    Would you pay them 4k?

Give me £500 and I'll research and answer your question - if you follow my advice, there's a good chance it will work out better for you then just giving £4k to propsavvy :D

Seriously, though, if you're dubious about giving me £500 - and you should be - then why would you even consider giving £4k to propsavvy?
  • Andreasespanol
    Options
    @ tomtom1234, Ive never used them personally but their concept is the same as other property companies i use out in Spain.

I say a lot of people talk in forums without the actual experience.

I say do your research on the company, read terms and conditions (this is the most important make sure they issue money back guarantees), overall go with your gut feeling because that what your going to do anyway!

Bottom line is you may be missing out on an opportunity because of others who just blog for blogs sake. If you doubt it then leave it alone, if somethings keeps drawing you to it then research and go for it.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 7,323 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 4 June 2013 at 4:54PM
    Options
    Some years ago I was interested in buying and selling via a dropship set up. Most items I was interested in reselling after buying from a drop ship company were too expensive for me to make a profit from when selling online.

Then I came across a company that seemed to offer products for way way below retail.., easy to make a profit from. But you had to pay £60 membership before you could log in and see if they had these low price products actually in stock for sale.

I'm afraid to say that I did pay the £60 membership fee. And once I could log in properly the low priced items were never ever in stock. A month later the website disappered because of complaints.

Lesson learned. If it requires money up front before you can even see full details of what a company offers., its a scam. However tempting.

If a company is genuine, they have nothing to hide (i.e. you shouldn't have to pay a membership fee before finding out details of what they offer, if they do actually offer what they say they will).
  • 00ec25
    00ec25 Posts: 9,123 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Bottom line is you may be missing out on an opportunity because of others who just blog for blogs sake. If you doubt it then leave it alone, if somethings keeps drawing you to it then research and go for it.
    so as a first time poster you deliberately went searching for this thread which is now months old and then cite your experiences of property dealing in SPAIN as justification ... hmmm
  • poppy10_2
    poppy10_2 Posts: 6,575 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Can't believe this spammy thread hasn't been deleted yet.
    poppy10
  • jamie11
    jamie11 Posts: 4,436 Forumite
    Options
    JackyHappy wrote: »
    not confident that I could sell the flat, even though it's a nice flat on 2nd floor, which is the top floor of the whole building. I've been living there over 15 years and the 6ft 18 year old that is my son, is taking up too much room:).

I'd welcome any advice.

Sell the son, problem solved.
  • Andreasespanol
    Options
    For your information 00ec25 i am a property investor and i typed in 'Property Savvy' as im looking for smart ways to buy property here in the Uk. Thats how i found the company and then found this thread.

After reading through the thread i gave my opinion, like you and in all fairness you have had a lot to say on this matter this is my second post on it

Yes this is my first post on this forum, so does that make my opinion invalid? i would never have posted anything in this forum but i wanted to give my view on this particular matter.

You have your way of seeing things i have mine. I didnt post to please anyone its to give an opinion! (i honestly thought that was the whole point of posting in the first place)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure