PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

Propsavvy.com

Options

Comments

• Dennington
    Options
    I've also come across propsavvy. They have two types of operation. They seem to source below market value (BMV) property and you can view some of these deals on their site with a free membership. There isn't a huge offering here and they structure the deals in a strange way so that they seem like fantastic deals.

Secondly, for their exclusive property finder service - for an upfront 4k fee, these guys promise to find your dream BMV home or investment in your ideal area - or your money back. I cant comment about this service because at the first sign of the 4k fee and i ran a mile! I would be interested in hearing what other people felt about the service.
  • geoffky
    geoffky Posts: 6,835 Forumite
    Options
    No such thing as bmv just bent valuers....
    It is nice to see the value of your house going up'' Why ?
    Unless you are planning to sell up and not live anywhere, I can;t see the advantage.
    If you are planning to upsize the new house will cost more.
    If you are planning to downsize your new house will cost more than it should
    If you are trying to buy your first house its almost impossible.
  • Alexi.Olva
    Options
    To all that are interested in Propsavvy service i am going through the system now. i was concerned by Nospampls comment so i contacted my account manager about this. He say to relax that i will not lose money because i dont have to pay my part of deposits and fees till completion, so for me this is good assurance. And he confirmed in writing for me if they dont find me property i want money will be refund to me all money back

They have been looking for property for me now for 3 weeks. They produced one house but i didn't like so they are looking more for me.

They say that normal time to find is 6-8 weeks to find but they find this one very quick. So they gonna send me next one soon.

I will keep you guys posted through whole process, to help others decide in future

Sorry for bad english

Alexi
  • G_M
    G_M Posts: 51,977 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    For goodness sake - are there really still people thia gullible around?

There's no such thing as a free lunch.....

If a deal looks too good to be true it usualy is.....

Tortoise and hare....

If you want to buy a property, find one yourself. And finance it through reputable means: savings, family, mortgage......

spam or scam or both?
  • Clawpuss
    Options
    I was intrigued by Propsavvy's below market value offers and did some research. Companies Hse states that Propsavvy Ltd were incorporated IN 2011. They were previously incorporated as the Creative Finance Facility. Virginia Wallace in the Guardian's Ask the Expert forum said on the 13th July 2011. "I have looked at the Creative Finance Facility website as well, and don't understand how its "revolutionary new facility" works either. The claim that you will be able to buy property without paying a deposit, stamp duty [land tax] or having to take out a 100% mortgage are pretty impressive. The phrase, "There's no such thing as a free lunch" also sprang to mind, so if it were me I would steer well clear. But then I object to any website which makes you hand over a lot of personal information before it is prepared to spill the beans about what is actually on offer and what the true costs really are."

Steer well clear of these characters I'd say.
  • Mishomeister
    Options
    The fact you have to pay £4,000 in front for them to find you a place says it all. There is no guarantee they will not take £4000 an make a runner. Or will 'look' for a place that long you will fed up and buy a house normal way therefore still losing your £4,000
  • poppy10_2
    poppy10_2 Posts: 6,575 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    ^Spam reported
    poppy10
  • 00ec25
    00ec25 Posts: 9,123 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I dare you to name the actual street its in so we can compare prices

the place you have allegedly bought is certainly not in the "location" shown by the link on your post so you have still not convinced us
  • Miss_Ratty
    Options
    Spamalot! Button duly pressed.
  • 00ec25
    00ec25 Posts: 9,123 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 1 October 2012 at 2:04PM
    Options
    Alexi.Olva wrote: »

http://www.propsavvy.com/PSY-490/3-Bed-Semi-detached,-Houses-in-E4-for-sale

This is MY property the one i buy from Propsavvy i asked them to put on website for all to see.
    Alexi.Olva wrote: »
    I complete and by my house now from Propsavvy!! i put link to show you house i buy Money Save Expert take it down :

MSE have not taken anything down, your link is still clearly available above

I see you have not yet provided evidence to support your spamming. No property website ever shows the exact location of the house for sale therefore until you name the actual street your alleged property is in I for one do not believe a word you post

name the road and lets us look at the SOLD prices history for that road and then we'll see for ourselves how much of a bargain you got for your 4,000 fee.

who says it was "worth" 260? propsavvy? An "independent" valuer? How independent????
    Until you provide proof of the sales prices of similar properties all you have done is accept a valuation provided by a company who then charged you 4,000 to allow you to buy it at 215 which could easily be the price you could have bought it for anyway.
    No one pays 260 because of the stamp duty threshold, so it would never have sold for more than 250 to start with (as is proved by the rightmove history shown below, nothing has sold between 250 - 273 in that area) .
    The question is then was it ever "worth" even 250 to start with, if it was only worth 250 then a good buyer will get 10% off so a purchase price so end up paying 225, you paid 219 (incl fee). I'm not saying you have not saved any money, but I very much doubt you have "saved" 41,000

rightmove shows that 3 bed semi's within 1/2 mile of the "hall gardens" location shown on your link sold within the last 2 years anywhere between 210,000 - 288,000 , so yes you may have successfully purchased at the lower end of what others have already paid but then again you may simply have paid its true value as 219 falls within the boundary of wehat opthers have actually paid so until we know the street its in all we can say is you paid the comapny 4,000 and ended up apyin gthe smae as others have done who did not use that company, so all in all rather pointless

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/house-prices/detail.html?country=england&locationIdentifier=STREET%5E61330&searchLocation=Hall+Lane&propertyType=3&landRegTenureType=FREEHOLD&radius=0.5&referrer=listChangeCriteria
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure