PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

Propsavvy.com

Options

Comments

• poppy10_2
    poppy10_2 Posts: 6,575 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    For your information 00ec25 i am a property investor and i typed in 'Property Savvy' as im looking for smart ways to buy property here in the Uk. Thats how i found the company and then found this thread.

:rotfl:Surely you could have come up with something more believable than that. What a load of bullocks.
    poppy10
  • Shazmo
    Shazmo Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options
    Mmm, personally I would stay well clear. I arrived here having seen a property advertised on Zoopla for sale via Propsavvy and wanted to know about the company.
    First off the property was:
    1) too cheap and
    2) very unlikely to be located anywhere near the area claimed.
    I am looking to move locally so know the area and styles of houses well, and it is very hilly around here. The house advertised is part of a flat terrace of properties if it were anywhere near where it's claimed to be it would have steps to the back or the front and would not be level with its neighbours.
    Based on how they operate I wouldn't expect a precise street but I simply don't believe what's been advertised. If you can't trust what they say about about a property how can you trust anything they say? I vote SCAM
    Options
    I can confirm that they are scam. After I paid them £4000 they stopped contacting me. Instead of house i got 10 months of excuses. Never got to view any property and after all they refused to refund me. I have made a court claim and know about other 3 people who had exactly the same experience and lost their money.

I also believe that all of their overly sweet reviews are fake.
  • thequant
    thequant Posts: 1,220 Forumite
    Options
    000000 wrote: »
    I can confirm that they are scam. After I paid them £4000 they stopped contacting me. Instead of house i got 10 months of excuses. Never got to view any property and after all they refused to refund me. I have made a court claim and know about other 3 people who had exactly the same experience and lost their money.

I also believe that all of their overly sweet reviews are fake.

I've seen the prop savvy adverts, they are blatantly obvious they are a scam

But as they say, you can't cheat an honest man
  • Danny_b
    Options
    Hi to all , be ware people it's all fake about propsavvy ,they will take your money and run ,this happened with 4k deposit and few others !!!
    Options
    Hi Danny,
    What exactly do you have in mind? Did you loose your money as well?
  • Danny_b
    Options
    I m in process to recover my deposit ....finger crossed
    Options
    So am I. They have 10 days left to make a defense.
    Did you already have court hearing?
    Good luck to you...
  • keyser666
    keyser666 Posts: 2,140 Forumite
    Options
    Dont post too much on here chaps as they will be well aware of this thread and you dont want to give them a heads up. Unlikely you will get the cash as they will probably pheonix at some point anyway
  • Running_Horse
    Running_Horse Posts: 11,807 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    This discussion comes up second on a search for the company's name.

I would never pay someone thousands of pounds to find a house for me, but there is more than enough information here for people to decide for themselves whether it is a scam or not.
    Been away for a while.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport