Home Delivery Network - warning!

Options

Comments

• feesh
    feesh Posts: 328 Forumite
    Options
    I've had problems with them too, stuff just seems to sit in their warehouse for days on end when I track it and the tracking doesn't seem to be that accurate anyway.

I'm sorry Chalkie but you can't claim they are doing a good job 'given the amount of parcels they have to deliver' - if they can't cope they shouldn't be taking on new clients. And they could have predicted the Christmas rush.
  • chalky_bertie
    Options
    Parcels don't just sit there without a good reason. We are on a cleardown everyday. The drivers are working their hearts out to deliver everything for xmas - give them a break.

One day last week we delivered over 14,000 parcels, we will get there.
    **BERTIE**

Did you Know: It costs more than £325,000 a day to run the lifeboat service? (with no government funding) Please donate to the RNLI
  • Kzlnd
    Kzlnd Posts: 548 Forumite
    Options
    feesh wrote:
    I've had problems with them too, stuff just seems to sit in their warehouse for days on end when I track it and the tracking doesn't seem to be that accurate anyway.

I'm sorry Chalkie but you can't claim they are doing a good job 'given the amount of parcels they have to deliver' - if they can't cope they shouldn't be taking on new clients. And they could have predicted the Christmas rush.

Agreed, this is why good companies employ more staff to ensure they are able to provide a first class service without many problems during the busy Christmas period. I would say that HDN were.

One package of mine with full correct details: (or so I would have thought?) full name, house number, street name, local district, town, county, full correct postcode, was apparently delivered to someone down the street (long street) but HDN refused to go and collect my package from this person and re deliver it to me ..AS PER THE ADDRESS LABEL!
    The customer service people suggested I go get it myself :rotfl: Yes because I'm as silly as you and know exactly where you've decided to deliver my parcel :mad: The company I ordered from were excellent when I called them, apologised and arranged for a second package to be delivered, except that wasn't delivered until two weeks later when HDN finally bothered to deliver it to me.

Thankfully, HDN don't deliver my Amazon parcels. I wouldn't shop with them if they did
    The £2.00 Coin Savers Club = approx £22.00 :rolleyes: :j.. The 20p Savers Club = £17.80.

:j
    x
  • deanos
    deanos Posts: 11,223 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Uniform Washer
    Options
    Our local Business Post/Reality/Home Delivery Network or whatever name they will change to next week's driver is very good and always get goods that i order on time without problems.
  • chalky_bertie
    Options
    Kzlnd wrote:
    Thankfully, HDN don't deliver my Amazon parcels. I wouldn't shop with them if they did

It just depends on who they choose for the particular parcel. I have ordered stuff from Amazon and 1 week it came with HDN and then the next week it came with Parcelnet - so it's luck.
    **BERTIE**

Did you Know: It costs more than £325,000 a day to run the lifeboat service? (with no government funding) Please donate to the RNLI
  • shane8961
    Options
    TNG wrote:
    Hi folks,

Wasn't sure where to post this, so I hope it's vaguely in the right area.....

I have just chased my Boots order. It has been sat in the Gatwick depot of Home Delivery Network for over a week! I was told they have an enourmous backlog and can't guarantee xmas deliveries.

Just thought I'd let you know. If you've already ordered, check who the courier is and chase if necessary. If you haven't yet, it may be worth paying the extra for a guaranteed service

Happy shopping, all.......

I ordered an Xbox 360 from boots last thursday paid an extortionate £7.50 P&P for saturday delivery - never arrived, tracked online and apparently it was signed for at 7:56 (ish cant remember exactely) by "I Porch", needless to say we never saw the parcel, its not around the garden anywhere or anything. The delivery company was supposed to be ringing me back to explain where it was but they never did - HOPEFULLY a new xbox will be arriving tomo - all though im not holding my breath.
  • SpudGunner
    Options
    Well big thumbs up from me for home delivery network.

2 big parcels from Amazon delivered today. Guy delivering said it was a mess at beginning of week but they are on top of things now.
  • Sharra
    Sharra Posts: 751 Forumite
    Options
    Amazon could be aware of issues - I had a quality control lady call me last week to see if my order had been delivered. Unfortunately as it was going to my mums address I didn't know - although she told me it should have been. I later found it it arrived 2 days after it was sposed to.
  • princessmoneysaver
    Options
    I placed my first order with Studio catclogue at the beginning of November, was told the whole £70 order was in stock. Nothing arrived here so I have phoned them numerous times over the last few weeks to chase it up. Yesterday I got a statement from them saying I have to pay £41 by 4th January. I phoned them today to ask where my items are & why my £70 order is now £41, apparently some items haven't been sent & the ones that have been sent have been refused delivery. Was told to contact Home Delivery, spoke to them who said the order was on it's way back to Studio as apparently they have tried to deliver it twice, I have had no card left & Home Delivery have been to my house & left numerous parcels with neighbours (who I trust!) with my M&S orders over the last few weeks so I have had deliveries from them but not this Studio order. Phoned back to Studio to tell them to cancel the order now as I can't get it by Christmas to be told I still have to pay the delivery charge! I don't know which is the worst, Home Delivery or Studio but I won't be ordering from Studio again.
    2023 wins - Rice Krispies, Avene Micellar Gel, Barbie Toy, £20 Apple Gift Card, KFC 6 piece bargain bucket, Chloe Nomade perfume, Barbie Toy (second one), Sanctuary Spa Sleep Balm, E45 Moisturising Lotion, Trolls Hamper, 12 Tonie Characters, Sure deodorant, Good Home Utensil holder, £5 Costa Gift Card, Neutrogena Micellar Jelly, Soap & Glory Mascara, Persil capsules,  
  • spanner82
    Options
    I've had a few ok deliveries with them then again some bad ones too - they left one parcel on doorstep and they do not let you track parcels or have any contact with the delivery depot.

I try parceltogo on an ebay parcel and they would not deliver to manchester - an 1 hr away which i found crazy - they really should mention if they do not deliver to all UK when they state they do!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure