Venture photography

Options

Comments

• MissSunshine
    Options
    I've not been to a venture session, but have seen the 5 framed pictures that a friend chose, guessing each one is 14" by 11". Have to say they're stunning and the viewing sounded fab, but I nearly fell over when she told me the price, worked out roughly £500 per picture :eek:
  • missk_ensington
    Options
    Let me guess, they grabbed you in a mall, asked for your opinion/survey on a portfolio of pictures, then for your time you won a discount for a limited time only? Oh and then they call you every farts end to get you to take u the picture, oh and the picture you get on offer/cheap/free is about the size of a Passport photo. When realising this, hopefully you hand over £500 for the blown up version.
  • andycarmi
    andycarmi Posts: 1,072 Forumite
    Options
    We went to Venture in Cheshire.

The photo session was an hour long and was great.

BUT after that we had 10 days to buy at 25% off . We booked few days later to see the photos and was kept waitnig 2 HOURS. They couldn't even tell us how long we would have too wait. After 2 and a half hours we left.

They said they would contact us to make another appiontment. Never heard back till over 6 months. We never did see the photos!
  • coolio_2
    coolio_2 Posts: 1,408 Forumite
    Options
    How about phoning up colleges to see if they have students that take photos?...if you explain the effect you are after (show them venture website or brochure) who knows they might be able to help.

A lot of the photographers are students
  • choosewisely
    Options
    They are good but I don't know how they justify their prices - I suppose they're just aiming for the top end of the market.

Most of their products are really interior design products aimed at being a feature of your home rather than just another photo in a frame.
  • MissSunshine
    Options
    Let me guess, they grabbed you in a mall, asked for your opinion/survey on a portfolio of pictures, then for your time you won a discount for a limited time only? Oh and then they call you every farts end to get you to take u the picture, oh and the picture you get on offer/cheap/free is about the size of a Passport photo. When realising this, hopefully you hand over £500 for the blown up version.

I've seen them a few times around my local town and when they've tried to 'grab me' I've politely told them in my normal voice that I'm not interested at the prices they charge for a decent size picture, for some reason they let me carry on my way :confused:
  • andycarmi
    andycarmi Posts: 1,072 Forumite
    Options
    ...oh and we never got the free photograph.
  • domestic_goddess
    Options
    I have to say that I used them and they were absolutely fantastic. The photo session was so relaxed (and I usually hate having my pics took) when I went back to look at the pics It is done in an informal slide show while they realx you with a glass of wine. There was no pressure at all to upgrade to larger pictures although all options were pointed out. I paid about £150 for my framed picture (not the small size).
    I am going to have another one done soon.
    I would recommend them to anyone. You can even take your favourite things along to be in the photo with you... we took my dd's best teddy.
  • Murray
    Murray Posts: 622 Forumite
    Options
    I dont know whether its standard practice or not but Venture will let you take pets with you to be in the photo's.

We had a right laugh with 2 black labradors shedding hair all over the white background - it didnt show up in the photos thank goodness!!
  • choosewisely
    Options
    With it being digital they can touch up photos for you too - our son was having a bad eczema day but they airbrushed it out for us.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure