Venture photography

Options
Hi

has anyone used this company?

I have seen a friend's photo which was beautiful and 'different'.

I am thinking of getting a photo done of me, hubby and LO for Mum's 60th.

Any thoughts? I want the photo to be special and unusual so this seems right up our street?:confused:

Is it expensive? I know they have special offers on most of the time..

The lady 'sold' it to me at the time as she also said Mum could come along and watch? As of yet have not done anything and I await your replies with interest as usual!

TIA

JT x
It's great in here! :)

Comments

• sare_2
    sare_2 Posts: 303 Forumite
    Options
    Venture photographs are wonderful.
    They're also extremely expensive.Literally hundreds of pounds for 1 print.
    I have (rich) friends who go with their families very couple of years and spend £1000 on maybe 3 or 4 prints.

If you look around you might find a local photo studio who will do venture style for a lot less money.
    But my friends do think they're worth it.If it's a special occasion you may too.
  • hobo28
    hobo28 Posts: 1,601 Forumite
    Options
    They are VERY expensive but do look very good. I think a lot of it is to do with the white background and a good digital SLR. I reckon that someone with a white background, decent camera and a keen eye could probably do just as well and save ££££
  • Juicy_Tube
    Options
    I am not that rich:p and now I have new baby probably never will be!

Thanks for replies so far.

JT x
    It's great in here! :)
  • fsdss
    fsdss Posts: 1,429 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    yes i've used them - almost £500 for 3 desk size photos nearly fell off the chair when we saw the prices
    Give blood - its free
  • highland
    highland Posts: 149 Forumite
    Options
    Venture link Never used them but did look at the website on which you can buy a £125 voucher for £25 which buys you an hours photo session and a wee 5" by 7" print. Not sure if it's worth it this is obviously to get you in then they sweep you off your feet with gorgeous pic's of your family and as previous poster say's before you know it your £500 down. If you have the willpower and there is one local to you give it a try but maybe leave your purse at home;) They do look very stylish though.
    Edit looking at website I know oh and I would find it difficult not to buy loads of our wee one the pic's are stunning.
  • choosewisely
    Options
    We got a voucher from a rep with a stand in a supermarket entrance and had the free sitting. They photographer was brilliant and even got our shy little girl laughing and giggling.

When you go for the viewing there's free tea/coffee/wine etc and they don't rush you. Couldn't resist spending a bit when we saw the photos as they're so natural and different to traditional portrait photos. Couldn't justify the price of bigger photos but spent £155 on 2 smaller ones though!
  • Nicki
    Nicki Posts: 8,166 Forumite
    Options
    We had a session on the same basis as Choosewisely. The photographer was great and got some amazing photos of our son, then aged 4 and our daughter then 3 who is autistic, and at the time not good at making direct eye contact. We too spent much more than we intended but the photos are lovely and a real talking point when people come into our home.
  • Sallys_Savings
    Options
    If you haven't got the money and don't think you could resist them...prehaps its better not to go.

How about phoning up colleges to see if they have students that take photos?...if you explain the effect you are after (show them venture website or brochure) who knows they might be able to help.
  • plumpmouse
    plumpmouse Posts: 1,138 Forumite
    Options
    I love venture prints, and lots of people we know have really fantastic ones.

The session is also fun, we went for one when my son was about 1 and he had a ball.

However we where disappointed. He was a really happy smiley baby who laughed for the entire session but they didn't capture him smiling on one photo.

But still do think they produce some of the nicest pictures
    Give me the boy until he's seven and i'll give you the man.
  • looby75
    looby75 Posts: 23,387 Forumite
    Options
    They are expensive but they are good.

Just before my ex left(almost 3 yrs ago) he treated me to a session for the kids and bought 4 5x7 inch framed photos....it cost over £250 (I now realise it was guilt money cos he was having an affair) we got a discount though because they asked to use a pic of my dd in the shop as advertising material because they didn't have many kids her age come through that store, they were usually babies.

I adore the photos though, the kids had a fantastic time at the photo session a hour of running riot and playing and the photos they captured both their personalities perfectly. If I could ever afford it again I would love to have another session done.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure