T-Mobile complaints process?

Options
fsrandom
fsrandom Posts: 214 Forumite
Good morning MSE'ers!

One of my family members currently has a running complaint with T-Mobile. We requested for a cancellation of the agreement in November last year which was confirmed by the agent and by a final bill. We then recieved Retention calls in which we said no, we have a different provider and don't require any new deals/tariffs.

No bills were then recieved at all and we assumed that was that. After auditing our bank statements we noticed T-Mobile was still taking money from the account.

After calling them up and asking why this is, aparently rententions had cancelled the cancellation. We also recieved no bills, which aparently was because they changed to online billing and advd us via text (we weren't using the sim card due to having another provider).

Called up Customer Care which is completely useless.

I'd ideally like a contact to the Directors Office, or an equivalent of.

Cheers.

Comments

• sporedude
    sporedude Posts: 1,563 Forumite
    Options
    [EMAIL="cust.rel@t-mobile.co.uk"]cust.rel@t-mobile.co.uk[/EMAIL], Email for customer relations.
  • hpman
    hpman Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options
    Hi, I have also had this problem, has yours been resolved yet? T mobile have taken £285.74 out of my account having stopped dd's completley for the 2 months after I cancelled my contract in writing and paid a cancellation fee! They say that because I sent my cancellation cheque to the billing address, not the cancellation address, I did not cancel and therefore initially refused to refund anything! After 90 mins on the phone they offered me £100 which I refused. They say they notified me that my bills were now on line (which they did) but why would I be looking on-line for bills when I had cancelled my contract and therefore would not expect to receive any more bills! Customer services completley unhelpful even though surely they have admitted that they are in the wrong by offering me £100?
  • yuna1971_2
    Options
    Hi all,
    I am also having a similar problem. I cancelled my T-Mobile contract within the term, I just wanted to get shot of it - as in the long run it was costing me money (kept going over the allocated minutes/texts...because it was so poor in the first place - 200 mins/200texts - £20!!!) Anyway, rang them up told them i wanted to leave - after them saying please stay and me saying no way - I finally got to pay them the remainder of my contract. It was an 18 month one which I started July last year. Paid the full balance left on it on 4/6 - I asked them TWICE "this is it isnt it, I am paying this up, totally and you wont be asking for anymore money" They told me twice - yes. I did recieve an original text before ringing them and cancelling - they told me the balance was about £121. So when ringing and cancelling they said - in total its £142.00 - I thought ok - this must be then my final month, of which i will have my 200/200 and then when used up - get a SIM only deal with some other network. So i paid in full, and made sure that it covered the final month - being rest of june - to 5 July. I think i was over my mins slightly - so I knew I would need to pay them about £8.00 - which was my own fault but thought they will bill me and I can sort this out.
    I have now been sent a final bill by T Mobile saying I owe £27.00 and also that the payment I made was £121.00....I told them this was total c**P and I am not paying it, I will pay for my charged calls of £8.00 but not this amount of £27.00. I have it on my bank statement that T Mobile has had this money. The customer services guy said that T Mob had been trying to ring me with no response after this payment to tell me of "account adjustments" - what the hell is that? And how dare they, I have left, Im gone - why are they adjusting anything....I asked them to call me back - this was last night (I am fuming) and they havent bothered.
    Anyone know what the hell has happened here, or "account adjustments" - what is that? and to me, it seems like they have added a monthly payment (jun-jul) onto the invoice, when in fact I paid up front for this in June + the outstanding balance.!!!! Help anyone....? thanks.
  • fsrandom
    fsrandom Posts: 214 Forumite
    edited 13 August 2009 at 10:54PM
    Options
    eep wrong thread, but, see above for the other two posters.
  • rachel6188
    rachel6188 Posts: 413 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    go into a t-mobile store...i had a member of staff tell me over the phone that i hadent signed up for the amount of credit on my flext price plan and said i was lying...i phoned the store who set it up and the woman i spoke to said i was right...i was disgusted.
    rach x
  • greyster
    greyster Posts: 2,392 Forumite
    Options
    all complaints are handled and replied to via [EMAIL="cust.rel@t-mobile.co.uk"]cust.rel@t-mobile.co.uk[/EMAIL]
  • bluelight
    Options
    I've been having problems with T-Mobile Mobile Broadband, flashing up "You've exceeded your Fair Use Policy" messages. When you look at the T & C's for T-Mobile's PAYG Mobile Broadband, they are so vague, they're a joke. Something tells me that T-Mobile's T & Cs are, basically, a contract at the will of T-Mobile, forbidden under the Unfair Terms in Consumer Contracts Regs 1999. I'll post how I fare when their CEO gets a strongly-worded letter from me.
  • sarahvgraham
    Options
    the email for t-Mobile is no longer valid. Does anyone have a Director address to try and sort out a problem?
  • Peter_Cook
    Options
    I am so fed up with T - mobile that I just sent this letter to the CEO

02 October 2010
    FTAO The Chief Executive

Dear Sir,

I write in frustration at the poor customer service from your company. In brief:

I have had continuing problems with my phone. In June I was promised 200 free minutes would be added to my contract on a continuing basis. These did not appear on my phone. I phoned several times. At various times I was told that the 200 minutes were ‘invisible’ – they came off my total minutes at the start of a month before my 300 minutes ‘counted down’. Another person attempted to convince me that they added on ‘after my 300 minutes had counted down’.

In any case, neither of these excuses proved to be true. Just recently, it transpires that t-mobile have added 200 paid for minutes to my account. On contacting them again, they told me that the free minutes (which I did not receive anyway) were only issued for 2 months and, even more surprisingly, that I requested the extra minutes to be added to my account, which I did not.

All through this painful series of calls, it has been nearly impossible to conduct a conversation in English with all but a few of your call centre staff. Worse still, they attempt to rewrite history by telling me that I agreed to the 200 minutes because it is on their screen, due to the poor English of the previous customer service advisor.

I have become so irritated that I decided I wanted to leave t-mobile. All they can then say is that they wish to charge me for the privilege. I now intend to blog this whole experience widely unless you can explain where the free minutes went and how you managed to charge me for free minutes.

Peter Cook
  • SheldonAmos
    Options
    Any complaint, i think it is pointless dealing with "Customer Services", my advise, contact the CEO or MD directly,
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure