RescueMyCar.com any good?

Options
gabyjane
gabyjane Posts: 3,541 Forumite
just done a search on moneysupermarket.com and it has come up with the above for breakdown at £30 per year for the following:

What the Policy includes: [URL="javascript:linksubmit();"]securedapply3.gif[/URL] pixel.gifpixel.gif Try to fix problem at Roadside:Yespixel.gifpixel.gifIf your vehicle suffers an incident, which occurs during the course of a journey, service will be provided. RescueMyCar.com will provide cover for any incident and any costs involved with the roadside assistance, excluding parts and labour charges over 1 hour.pixel.gifpixel.gif Recovery to the nearest garage only:Yespixel.gifpixel.gifIf your vehicle suffers an incident, which occurs during the course of a journey and is more than one-mile radius from your home, RescueMyCar.com will provide recovery for your vehicle, you and up to 7 passengers to a local garage.pixel.gifpixel.gif Roadside help:Yespixel.gifpixel.gif Recovery to any UK destination:Yespixel.gifpixel.gifIf recovery to the nearest garage is not possible at the time RescueMyCar.com will arrange for your vehicle, you and up to 7 passengers to be transported to your home or original destination, if this is within the territorial limits.pixel.gifpixel.gif Recovery of up to 7 passengers:Yespixel.gifpixel.gif Home start up:Yespixel.gifpixel.gifYour vehicle will be covered at your registered home address or within a one mile radius of your home address. If RescueMyCar.com are unable to repair your vehicle they will recover it to a garage or dealership of your choice close to your home address. This cover must be purchased with one of our roadside packages.pixel.gifpixel.gif Car hire/Train ticket/Accommodation:Yespixel.gifpixel.gifIf the recovery operator in attendance is unable to repair your vehicle within the same working day or a period agreed between you and the insurers Rescue Controller, they will pay up to £100.00 (maximum) towards the cost of alternative transport or car hire.
If RescueMyCar.com decide to provide alternative accommodation they will pay a maximum of £60.00 for a lone traveller or £40.00 per person for one night for you and up to 7 passengers. The maximum payment per incident is £280.00. pixel.gifpixel.gif Caravan or Trailer included?Yespixel.gifpixel.gif Average call out time:Under 40 minutespixel.gifpixel.gif Maximum number of calls per annum:6pixel.gifpixel.gif No claims discount:n/apixel.gifpixel.gif Exclusive Features:Free £40 Virgin Wines Voucher.
£40 excess applies.
Free legal protection.
Caravan and trailer cover included.
does this seem a good deal as the same with tescos as we were with before is much much more and seems too good to be true..thanks

Comments

• gabyjane
    gabyjane Posts: 3,541 Forumite
    Options
    Sorry thats copied awfully and hard to read!
  • Pubeheed
    Options
    I took out cover a few weeks ago, I went out today to start my 2005 Mazda Rx8 and it would not start.

After trawling through all the PDF's they sent me I phoned their main number: 0844 330 999 3 and got a FAX MACHINE!!!!

Tried it a few more times and got connected to a Spanish message and then the lines died. I tried their admin team and their offices are closed on a Sunday.

Not a happy man, I am thinking I should have spent another £15 and just went for Green flag or the AA.

Based on my first experience I would not recommend, although they might just be having technical problems today.

Unhappy Customer :mad:
  • tonygee_3
    tonygee_3 Posts: 432 Forumite
    Options
    Anyone else have experience with this company?
    Looking for cover also,these come out cheapest but not much good if unreliable
    Pubehead,sorry to hear of your experience,what is their emergency number?
    I might ring it a few times to test their response
  • dacouch
    dacouch Posts: 21,637 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    This is not a relay / recovery policy, it is offering an hours labour at the roadside and if the car cannot be repaired they will normally tow you to the nearest garage. In most cases they will not take you home or to your original destination.

It also has a £40 excess which means you pay £40 towards each breakdown.
  • tonygee_3
    tonygee_3 Posts: 432 Forumite
    Options
    I got a quote for £30 (moneysupermarket)for 'platinum' cover from rescuemycar which includes everything inc onward travel etc
    Thats why I ask how good are they?:confused:
  • Hi Pubeheed
    I'm really sorry to hear that you experienced difficulties getting in touch with our claims department. Please be assured that this was an isolated incident that was rectified quickly.

If you could PM me your contact details, I'd be happy to arrange compensation for any costs you incurred. We've also made our claims number more prominent in our policy documentation as a result of customer feedback.

Many thanks
    Sarah
    RescueMyCar.com
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of RescueMyCar. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to abuse@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • dacouch
    Options
    Sarah you cannot promote your company or have your web address in your signature.
  • Hi dacouch. Thanks for pointing this out. I've emailed MSE for permission to represent our company. Our domain name is also our brand name - hence my useage.
    Thanks
    Sarah
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of RescueMyCar. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to abuse@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • dacouch
    Options
    Hi Rescuemycar, I'm glad you have heeded members advice and are going down the correct route.

MSE is all about the members helping other members out by using their own knowledge for no other reason than they want to help. They do not allow self promotion as MSE is advert free. By not allowing self promotion it keeps ot advert free and more importantly it ensures the advice given is more likely to be impartial.

Its a wonderful concept that MSE members love.

If MSE allow you to represent the company and you abide by their rules we will welcome you if you can add to the pool of knowledge. It would be nice if you could also answer questions that are not related to Rescuemycar eg answer MSE members general problems about their Breakdown Company.

If MSE allow you to represent Rescuemy Car (You will also need Rescuemycars permission as they will be liable for any incorrect information you post) we would prefer it if you changed your user name to a name not promoting the company name. MSE will allow you to note in your signature that you work for Rescuemycar and that you have MSE permission and permission from Rescue My Car.
  • dacouch
    Options
    Here is Recuemycars reviewcentre reviews which for once actually look quite fair as they have a balance of good and bad reviews (People tend to normally only post negative reviews)

http://www.reviewcentre.com/reviews116736.html
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport