We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

RescueMyCar.com any good?

Options

Comments

• Pubeheed
    Options
    I should add that I was able to get hold of them the next day so it does look like it was an isolated incident. Sorry for the delay Sarah I just noticed your post.
  • Miloman_2
    Options
    Come on Derrick, mentioning the rather irritating little moneyspinner of 0870/0844 numbers that virtually ALL companies and organisations use is one thing. However, the rant you have taken up half of this thread with is OTT, refusing to let go even when your argument gets thinner and thinner; dog with a bone or what?

The RMC rep has been more than helpful and customer friendly, even if she is not the CEO she works at the coalface and is willing to take back the issues raised to her superiors.

Please put this highly competitive RMC cover into perspective! I have it and was a little sceptical when I bought it, what do you get for £37. But I have used it and just renewed it at £37, there is no excess for the same cover that AA want £133 for - and they use non-geo numbers as well. My RMC breakdown callout was via Green Flag anyway, they were there within 40 mins and tried to fix the car for 30mins before calling a flatbed truck to take it to the garage of my choice and relay me home. FANTASTIC - and my 0844 mobile call cost me 90p, RMCy even offered to call me back, but it went so quickly I said not to bother.

Forums like this are a great source of info, but some is also incorrect or an impulsive rant, to only find later that it was a one-off issue. But at least Pubeheed did correct this. And no, I don't work for RMC but I do recognise a gift horse when I see it and a little non-geo call charge is a small £0.90p charge to pay - don't you think?

We live in an age of high expectations, unrealistically so in many cases. Surely £37/year is good value by any standards?!
  • jebervic
    jebervic Posts: 861 Forumite
    Options
    Thinking of signing up, anyone got any views or reviews about the company?
  • citykid5
    citykid5 Posts: 821 Forumite
    Options
    derrick; we're talking about breakdown cover here. I don't work in the other departments.

How do you know what knowledge I have? I wouldn't give out information on here unless it was accurate.

Thanks
    can i just say i think it's great that companys not only read this forum but take note of what is being said by joe public,,i'm not a member of this breakdown service,but will certainly consider it on my renewal..well done rescuemy car for takeing the time to read this forum..hats off to you ck
  • buklah
    Options
    I for one was just searching for breakdown and had some doubts about RMC before reading this post. I can definitely say I am signing up immediately with them after reading this. Am not sure how many companies are this agile in responding to customers and I just believe that someone here was just ranting about unrealistic stuff. The response both from their rep on this forum and also the company is quite unprecedented. Also I know as someone who works in the telecoms industry that changing from 0844 nos is not that easy to do especially based on service that you may have been sold earlier and current contracts you are tied to.

I would expect that RMC with their very competitive rates remain profitable too so as to be able to render the service which they do to a flawlessly (almost).

Like I said simply based on this thread, I am signing up.
  • sassy_one
    sassy_one Posts: 2,686 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Avoid RescueMyCar - heard lots of horror stories at work about these people!

Try AA, RAC or Green Flag
  • sassy_one
    Options
    RescueMyCar company representative

Have you asked Admin to allow you to post on this forum?! As your user name is NOT in green, meaning they have not granted you permission to post.

I have flagged your account as against forum rules to post acti9ng or representing a company/firm without first gaining permission from the Admin team.
  • d123
    d123 Posts: 8,633 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    sassy-one wrote: »
    RescueMyCar company representative

Have you asked Admin to allow you to post on this forum?! As your user name is NOT in green, meaning they have not granted you permission to post.

They haven't been on-line in 14 months, doubt they will be answering you.
    ====
  • manulike
    manulike Posts: 71 Forumite
    Options
    Also thinking about using rescuemycar, as I noticed that it is possible to get a 20% cashback as well! Thus making their comprehensive deal of home-start / 4 star (everything excluding europe) £35 package cost a mere £28, which is the same as the minimum cover of RAC / AA etc.

Main difference is that they only allow 6 call-out per year!
  • sassy_one
    Options
    manulike wrote: »
    Also thinking about using rescuemycar, as I noticed that it is possible to get a 20% cashback as well! Thus making their comprehensive deal of home-start / 4 star (everything excluding europe) £35 package cost a mere £28, which is the same as the minimum cover of RAC / AA etc.

Main difference is that they only allow 6 call-out per year!

Good luck getting through to them on there 'Breakdown' line in the middle of the night pouring down with rain, they don't answer there phones!:rotfl:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport