Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
Page 1
    • vanilla8
    • By vanilla8 15th Feb 09, 6:54 PM
    • 636 Posts
    • 428 Thanks
    vanilla8
    • 15th Feb 09, 6:54 PM
    • 15th Feb 09, 6:54 PM
    Homebase and wickes still have sales on
    • i love it
    • By i love it 15th Feb 09, 8:13 PM
    • 799 Posts
    • 492 Thanks
    i love it
    • 15th Feb 09, 8:13 PM
    • 15th Feb 09, 8:13 PM
    I am currently considering these although i haven't physically viewed them
    yet
    http://www.wrenkitchens.com/
  • hairoun
    • 18th Feb 09, 9:16 AM
    • 18th Feb 09, 9:16 AM
    Hi all. My first post but I felt obliged to reply to this one first.

I bought a kitchen from Wren Kitchens and I'm very impressed. I ended up going with Owen which is a light oak solid wood one. The quality is super and I can't get over the price. I ended paying just over 2800 for the full lot of cabinets (16 in total). I priced up something similar at B&Q and Wren ended up being loads cheaper.

All the cabinets arrived at my house ready built, not flat pack, so all I had to do was arrange them how I wanted and fit them. I'm not very handy like that so I hired a local joiner and he said they all went together very well.

I've decided to splash out on a granite worktop and the guy came to measure for that last night. He reckons it will be about 2 weeks until he is able to deliver it but I'm sure it will be worth it in the end. He has to cut it to size and everything.

I was a little skeptical at first because Wren don't have a showroom however I'm told by the guy on the phone that they are opening one in a few months. Never the less, they sent me out a sample door before I ordered and the price just seemed too good to miss. Not sure how long their 80% off thing will last - maybe ask them that if you are going to give them a ring.

So all in all, very impressed. I'll post up some pics once I get the worktop in so you can all see it fitted.

Cheers - H
    • lagi
    • By lagi 18th Feb 09, 10:27 AM
    • 584 Posts
    • 139 Thanks
    lagi
    • 18th Feb 09, 10:27 AM
    • 18th Feb 09, 10:27 AM
    Looked long and hard at their website yesterday. The prices are advertised at 80% off. I would find it hard to believe that most people would pay just under a 1000 for only a base unit! With their new prices it seems much more reasonable. If you think they are good value now and their quality is good, i would let that sway your decision, not the fact that it looks like your getting a super kitchen at a fraction of its normal cost. I could see nothing there that justified the original prices that you couldn't get cheaper elsewhere. Just something to bear in mind when making that final decision.
  • ormus
    • 18th Feb 09, 12:56 PM
    • 18th Feb 09, 12:56 PM
    still 200 quid for a 600mm base unit? was 950 quid?
    they are having a laugh surely?

have they any connection with everest double glazing?
    Get some gorm.
  • hairoun
    • 18th Feb 09, 3:35 PM
    • 18th Feb 09, 3:35 PM
    lagi, I completely agree with you. The 80% off is a good marketing message but its the actual prices they were selling at which pulled me in. I've not looked at the company before so I can't comment on what the prices used to be however like you said, the prices are decent now so that is what matters.

I've changed my mind - I said I'd post pictures of my new kitchen when its all done but I can't resist - I'll take some tonight and get them on here later hehe. So excited, can't wait for it to be done.

Thanks - H
    • Happychappy
    • By Happychappy 18th Feb 09, 5:03 PM
    • 2,739 Posts
    • 2,768 Thanks
    Happychappy
    • 18th Feb 09, 5:03 PM
    • 18th Feb 09, 5:03 PM
    I am looking for a new kitchen and have been to B&Q as well as Homebase to have kitchens priced up.

Someone on a forum recommended DIYKITCHENS.COM I priced up a kitchen in white gloss which worked out to be very cheap, so last week I went to their factory where they produce the kitchens and was totally sold on their quality.

Make your own mind up and go and see the place rather than order a sample door etc. although depends where you are, these are near Doncaster. All the cabinets are made up and delivered complete, plus an excellent range. They don't fit but can recommend fitters.
  • funkipickle
    • 17th Mar 09, 11:42 AM
    • 17th Mar 09, 11:42 AM
    Hairoun, do you have any photos of the kitchen at all please. I am interested in Wren Kitchens. I have not been able to find any reviews on the web for them and am a little apprehensive.
    Cheers
    Pickle
  • hamblettamaud
    even though homebase say they are 50% off all units and another 25% off etc. etc. just bear in mind that what you call a unit they call something else - another cheap marketing ploy to pull you in. e.g. a larder is not a unit, it's a larder, and so isn't 50% + 25% off.
  • Blue Fairy
    B&Q are now doing 50% off their Cooke and lewis kitchens, but since they were just massively overpriced before (imho), this just brings them down to a more reasonable price!
  • Steve the fitter
    Steer clear of the b&q basic range . Very bad quality and the only reason I'm sitting at home at the moment is because I was meant to be fitting one this week but they only delivered the doors. So be warned.
    Wickes much better units and the delivery is very good as well. Delivery for Homesabe is loads better than B&Q. Saying all that I supply and fit much better quality kitchens, and can normally bring it in cheaper than a B&Q kitchen for example.
    • GT60
    • By GT60 18th Mar 09, 1:55 PM
    • 1,948 Posts
    • 962 Thanks
    GT60
    could this wren kitchens be the new name for bret miller's old kitchen's direct company in oldham?
    Look at the bbc watchdog Programmes
    all his advert's on the side of motorways have gone and wren has sprung up
    The only place that was in howden east yorkshire was the MFI factory i think.
    Spending my time reading how to fix PC's,instead of looking at Facebook.
  • hairoun
    Very sorry everyone - I completely forgot about this post until I saw a load of thread subscription emails just now.

My worktop has now been fitted and the kitchen is totally complete. I'll post some pictures tonight.

Again - sorry for forgetting!
    • Happychappy
    • By Happychappy 20th Mar 09, 4:07 PM
    • 2,739 Posts
    • 2,768 Thanks
    Happychappy
    Very sorry everyone - I completely forgot about this post until I saw a load of thread subscription emails just now.

My worktop has now been fitted and the kitchen is totally complete. I'll post some pictures tonight.

Again - sorry for forgetting!
    Originally posted by hairoun
    Hi

Who did you get the granite worktops from and who fitted them? I just need to get the worktops sorted out and cant decide whether to go for Oak worktops or granite, I bought the solid Oak wood floor, just dont know what colour or type to go with the flooring and high gloss white cabinets ? Thanks
  • hairoun
    Good evening everyone. Sorry I've been so long getting pics - I've been so busy this weekend with moving in.

So my house - its just been finished. Really the kitchen was the last thing that needed to be completed before it was ready to be lived in. Now the kitchen is done, I've been moving all my stuff across.

Because I saved quite a bundle on the kitchen itself, I decided to splash out on an Aga cooker & a few new appliances (toaster, kettle & microwave). Hopefully the attached pictures show all of this off quite well.

For the worktop - I went with the company which Wren Kitchens recommended - Jo Rotherham. They were really professional. With it being granite, they had to come round and make a template once the kitchen was fitted. It only took them 13 days to get the worktop back which I was very impressed with.

I would love to hear comments on what everyone thinks. I'm very happy with it. The house is very old but converted so has a modern feel to it. The kitchen is kind of modern but with it being light oak, it keeps that very slight contemporary look too it.

The range name is Owen (Wren Kitchens). I have a mixture between these handles and these handles. Pictures can be seen here.
  • funkipickle
    The kitchen looks wonderful. I am still a bit skeptical about the company. When we looked up the company on Companies House, it was registered at the end of January. The website says that it is new name for a company that has a lot of experience. We did some research and can only find reference to Full Circle Industries and Atreus PLC. I have never heard of these firms and wondered if anyone else has. Who have they supplied kitchens for before? There is reference in a thread that I have on Wren about them being a new name for an old company which has been on Watchdog. I am hoping that this is wrong as I loved the look of the kitchen on your photos and the prices are very attractive.
  • funkipickle
    Well it looks like Wren Kitchens are linked to Ebuyer!
    http://forums.ebuyer.com/showthread.php?t=36320&page=2

Hmm think I might have to look at speaking to them now )
  • hairoun
    Oh yeah - I realised that as well. They have that on their about us page which made me feel a bit better about the whole thing.

I've just noticed that they have put a kitchen planner tool thingy live. That wasn't there when I ordered my kitchen - one of their salesmen helped me with a plan. This kitchen planner looks really good though - just had a play with it and its really easy to use.

If you do ring them, ask to speak to a guy called Paul. He was really helpful and made the whole ordering process painless.
  • louglen
    Hi

Just wondering if your order has arrived and all is OK? Thinking of ordering with them next week.
    thanks
    L
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,229Posts Today

6,979Users online

Martin's Twitter