New Post Advanced Search

Best Deal kitchen Units

63 replies 97.3K views

Replies

• Steer clear of the b&q basic range . Very bad quality and the only reason I'm sitting at home at the moment is because I was meant to be fitting one this week but they only delivered the doors. So be warned.
    Wickes much better units and the delivery is very good as well. Delivery for Homesabe is loads better than B&Q. Saying all that I supply and fit much better quality kitchens, and can normally bring it in cheaper than a B&Q kitchen for example.
  • GT60GT60 Forumite
    2K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    could this wren kitchens be the new name for bret miller's old kitchen's direct company in oldham?
    Look at the bbc watchdog Programmes
    all his advert's on the side of motorways have gone and wren has sprung up
    The only place that was in howden east yorkshire was the MFI factory i think.
    Spending my time reading how to fix PC's,instead of looking at Facebook.
  • hairounhairoun Forumite
    6 posts
    Very sorry everyone - I completely forgot about this post until I saw a load of thread subscription emails just now.

My worktop has now been fitted and the kitchen is totally complete. I'll post some pictures tonight.

Again - sorry for forgetting!
  • HappychappyHappychappy Forumite
    2.9K posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    hairoun wrote: »
    Very sorry everyone - I completely forgot about this post until I saw a load of thread subscription emails just now.

My worktop has now been fitted and the kitchen is totally complete. I'll post some pictures tonight.

Again - sorry for forgetting!

Hi

Who did you get the granite worktops from and who fitted them? I just need to get the worktops sorted out and cant decide whether to go for Oak worktops or granite, I bought the solid Oak wood floor, just dont know what colour or type to go with the flooring and high gloss white cabinets ? Thanks
    6 posts
    Good evening everyone. Sorry I've been so long getting pics - I've been so busy this weekend with moving in.

So my house - its just been finished. Really the kitchen was the last thing that needed to be completed before it was ready to be lived in. Now the kitchen is done, I've been moving all my stuff across.

Because I saved quite a bundle on the kitchen itself, I decided to splash out on an Aga cooker & a few new appliances (toaster, kettle & microwave). Hopefully the attached pictures show all of this off quite well.

For the worktop - I went with the company which Wren Kitchens recommended - Jo Rotherham. They were really professional. With it being granite, they had to come round and make a template once the kitchen was fitted. It only took them 13 days to get the worktop back which I was very impressed with.

I would love to hear comments on what everyone thinks. I'm very happy with it. The house is very old but converted so has a modern feel to it. The kitchen is kind of modern but with it being light oak, it keeps that very slight contemporary look too it.

The range name is Owen (Wren Kitchens). I have a mixture between these handles and these handles. Pictures can be seen here.
  • The kitchen looks wonderful. I am still a bit skeptical about the company. When we looked up the company on Companies House, it was registered at the end of January. The website says that it is new name for a company that has a lot of experience. We did some research and can only find reference to Full Circle Industries and Atreus PLC. I have never heard of these firms and wondered if anyone else has. Who have they supplied kitchens for before? There is reference in a thread that I have on Wren about them being a new name for an old company which has been on Watchdog. I am hoping that this is wrong as I loved the look of the kitchen on your photos and the prices are very attractive.
  • Well it looks like Wren Kitchens are linked to Ebuyer!
    http://forums.ebuyer.com/showthread.php?t=36320&page=2

Hmm think I might have to look at speaking to them now :o)
    6 posts
    Oh yeah - I realised that as well. They have that on their about us page which made me feel a bit better about the whole thing.

I've just noticed that they have put a kitchen planner tool thingy live. That wasn't there when I ordered my kitchen - one of their salesmen helped me with a plan. This kitchen planner looks really good though - just had a play with it and its really easy to use.

If you do ring them, ask to speak to a guy called Paul. He was really helpful and made the whole ordering process painless.
  • louglenlouglen Forumite
    1 posts
    Hi

Just wondering if your order has arrived and all is OK? Thinking of ordering with them next week.
    thanks
    L
  • Hi lougen,

Yeah - it all arrived just fine. As you can see from my pictures which I've linked to above, the kitchen is all fitted and I'm 100% happy with it :-)
This discussion has been closed.

Quick links

Essential Money | Who & Where are you? | Work & Benefits | Household and travel | Shopping & Freebies | About MSE | The MoneySavers Arms | Covid-19 & Coronavirus Support