New Post Advanced Search

Best Deal kitchen Units

63 replies 97.3K views

Replies

• I recently purchased a kitchen from wren kitchens.
    The first problems arose when the fitter came out to measure and the sales person had put in the incorrect cupboards. We contacted her and THOUGHT it had been rectified. How wrong were we?
    After waiting 6 weeks the kitchen was finally delivered and we were told 3 day maximum for kitchen to be fitted. 3 and 1/2 weeks later I still do not have my kitchen fitted.
    What went wrong well let me list the issues Ive had below
    1) Wrong cupboard sizes delivered, contacted store advised new computer system and warehouse picked up wrong order.
    2) 3 cupboard doors missing
    3) No handles delivered for doors
    4) A chipped door
    5) No kitchen sink
    6) No kitchen tap
    7) Contact the store again to be advised have to contact the warehouse by email and could take 72 hours to be answered
    8) 3 weeks later still waiting on handles and doors
    9) Contacted store manager and called a liar
    10) Contact regional manager looking for compensation due to continued issues.
    11) Lied to again as no contact from Regional manager
    12) Now contacted Armando Sanchez lets see if he answers.
    13) Plumber arrives to finally fit sink today and parts missing from sink
    14) Still awaiting splashback and cooker hood to be fitted

Wren NO MONEY will be paid until my kitchen is sorted. I have re called my deposit from VISA.

Armando Sanchez contact me and get this fixed since you are CEO. I expect some form of compensation as been without a kitchen sink for 3 weeks. Not been able to use my kitchen so had to eat out with a family of 6. I am extremly skint now and annoyed due to the disgusting unprofessional service I have had

WOW! This has a put a bad inpact on the company. Don't worry just be a little but more patient. And then don't thank them after they have finally done it.
  • I recently purchased a kitchen from wren kitchens.
    The first problems arose when the fitter came out to measure and the sales person had put in the incorrect cupboards. We contacted her and THOUGHT it had been rectified. How wrong were we?
    After waiting 6 weeks the kitchen was finally delivered and we were told 3 day maximum for kitchen to be fitted. 3 and 1/2 weeks later I still do not have my kitchen fitted.
    What went wrong well let me list the issues Ive had below
    1) Wrong cupboard sizes delivered, contacted store advised new computer system and warehouse picked up wrong order.
    2) 3 cupboard doors missing
    3) No handles delivered for doors
    4) A chipped door
    5) No kitchen sink
    6) No kitchen tap
    7) Contact the store again to be advised have to contact the warehouse by email and could take 72 hours to be answered
    8) 3 weeks later still waiting on handles and doors
    9) Contacted store manager and called a liar
    10) Contact regional manager looking for compensation due to continued issues.
    11) Lied to again as no contact from Regional manager
    12) Now contacted Armando Sanchez lets see if he answers.
    13) Plumber arrives to finally fit sink today and parts missing from sink
    14) Still awaiting splashback and cooker hood to be fitted

Wren NO MONEY will be paid until my kitchen is sorted. I have re called my deposit from VISA.

Armando Sanchez contact me and get this fixed since you are CEO. I expect some form of compensation as been without a kitchen sink for 3 weeks. Not been able to use my kitchen so had to eat out with a family of 6. I am extremly skint now and annoyed due to the disgusting unprofessional service I have had

Thank you, I was going to put my order in on Saturday but have now reconsidered! Very silly Wren - we all expect 'hiccups' when buying something as big as a kitchen, but calling customers a 'liar' and failing to sort out problems........ not good at all!
  • redjames82 wrote: »
    [FONT=&quot]Hi, I have ordered my kitchen from wrens yesterday, I have spent nearly 2 months looking for the best deal, and I have a stack of books and quotes from all the main players.

Just as an example I was looking for around 16 units plus an integrated dishwasher, fridge freezer, washer dryer and a new double oven to go in a larder unit.

B&Q £3600 not the best quality it range
    Wicks £ 4800 looked good quality
    Home Base £4500 looked good quality
    Howden’s £3800 good quality
    Wrens £4100 first quote for the high gloss black range

All above quotes were without double oven and washer dryer.

I found what was bumping up the price was end panels, These are where you get a cupboard with white sides and have to fit a panel to make it match the colour of the rest of the kitchen. I then purposely looked for a kitchen range that didn't need end panels that made it a lot cheaper.

Another thing that bumps up the price is buying the appliances from the kitchen suppliers themselves. They only seem to sell the high end ranges and are more expensive than getting them elsewhere.

Basically I ended up ordering the units only from wrens and the appliances online from kitchen science.
    I was quoted £2544 from wrens and went back the next day to see if they could knock any off, the manager then came back with a new quote for £2400 so I ordered there and then.

I went online and spent a day looking for the cheapest appliances I went for the indesit range. Some people say they are crap but I have used then before and haven’t had many problems and I am good with my hands so if they go wrong after the warranty runs out I will have a go at fixing myself. The best website I found was kitchenscience.co.uk if you are buying multiple appliances it has an option to ask for a discount.

I was quoted £1208 before hand and after they discounted it was £1145

Long story short,
    I got my kitchen for £3544 a lot less than other earlier quotes and that is with the washer dryer and double oven on top
    Go for a range that doesn’t need end panels
    Buy the appliances elsewhere
    Never take the first offer
    Shop around

All prices above are for myself to fit.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]One good thing about wrens is on their website you can plan your kitchen without having to download anything, it gives you a price at the end and you don’t have to put up with a sales man until you want them. It is a bit hard to find the little things on the planner like fillers and kick boards but the guy in store will put the finishing touches.

I will post again when my kitchen turns up and let you know how I got on.

Hope this helps sorry for the long read,

James[/FONT]

Hi James - how did you get on with wren? Would be really grateful to hear as we were going to order but have been majorly put off by another review
  • We recently ordered the Owen kitchen from Wren. They had the units we wanted at the right price. Have purchased the units only, sourced our own worktop/handles/most of appliances/sink elsewhere. The delivery arrived when promised, with very helpful driver & mate. The units look superb, quality good and best of all for my kitchen fitter (hubby) all fully assembled - no hassle :)
    Only minor hiccup is that the extractor units did not arrive (their fault) and a couple of wall units the wrong size (our fault). Will be contacting them this week in this regard to see what their customer service experience is like, but up to now very impressed.
    2011 Wins - Shopping Vouchers / Ice Bucket from Dr Oetker / Local Hair Salon Colour Treatment

2012 Wins - Lego for my lad. Not much else!:rotfl:

2013...here's hoping!:D Watch this space
  • Firstly to adamg, how come you let rip at a post praising Wren, but elect to ignore a new poster praising Howdens to the roof? Most odd....

Anyhow, we're in the process of looking for a new kitchen and went to Wren first. I liked the set-up in the showroom with competitors' units assembled alongside their own. Quality seems to be much on a par with the usual suspects. On teh subject of ordering appliances online, Wren say they will match online prices, but I guess you're still limited to the ranges they stock.

Interestingly, our next quote was from Magnet and it undercut Wren by about £1600 (10.9 vs 12.5). Howdens tomorrow, then a local company by way of comparison.
  • Interesting to find this from about 18 months ago, just as Wren were opening their first showrooms:
    A former marketing director at defunct MFI has promised to expose the pricing tricks played by kitchen retailers with the expansion of a privately funded chain.

Wren Kitchens has opened five stores in the past six months and plans to have 25 by the end of this year.
    'Our view is that prices should be as transparent as possible and I do not think that is the case in this industry at the moment,' said Michael Greenhalgh. 'We think customers should pay the same every day of the year.'
    He said that raising prices ahead of 'sales' and offering price cuts only on elements of a kitchen was common.
    He suggested that in some big stores discounts were so complex even staff had difficulty working out prices for kitchens and bathrooms.

Read more: http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/bills/article-1692338/Ill-expose-kitchen-retailers-pricing-tricks.html#ixzz1VhuPnUoO

Is this not exactly what Wren are now doing with their 50% plus a further 20% off 'deal'?
  • cddccddc Forumite
    1.2K posts
    Ninth Anniversary Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    I think Wren tried to do that for a while but found it didnt work for them. For some reason the whole SALE!!! x% off this y% off that culture seems to work on kitchens. God knows why, I know it annoys me for sure and I sell them!

You would think that Joe Public would be smarter than this by now, but seemingly not. The companies go with what works. It seems that anyone who try anything different suffer for it.
  • CKdesignerCKdesigner Forumite
    1.2K posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    Do people actually believe these 'sales'?

Personally - I wouldn't spend my hard earned money with any retailer that has these policies, how can you possibly trust them!
  • newDudenewDude Forumite
    150 posts
    CKdesigner wrote: »
    Do people actually believe these 'sales'?

Personally - I wouldn't spend my hard earned money with any retailer that has these policies, how can you possibly trust them!

Prices are a total con. Wickes quoted me £11,957, but if i bought during their "sale" they could offer a sale discount of £3272 off the price.
  • KLedgeKLedge Forumite
    3 posts
    ormus wrote: »
    still 200 quid for a 600mm base unit? was 950 quid?
    they are having a laugh surely?

have they any connection with everest double glazing?
    The Wren company out at Goole is owned by the old, Healey, family , aka, of MFI fame and Humber Kitchens at Howden.
    They sold up and went to America , then sold up there and restarted back here.
This discussion has been closed.

Quick links

Essential Money | Who & Where are you? | Work & Benefits | Household and travel | Shopping & Freebies | About MSE | The MoneySavers Arms | Covid-19 & Coronavirus Support