HTC Touch HD

Options
icebergx
icebergx Posts: 688 Forumite
Anyone managed to get a good deal on this phone?

I'm a new customer looking for 600 minutes and at least 100 txts.
I'd prefer a 12 month contract but would consider an 18 month one.
Obviously, the phone should be as cheap as possible.

Also, in general, can you a better deal over the phone, negotiating with the sales reps buying on-line via quidco?
How about face to face in an orange shop?

Also, thinking forward to when my contract ends, historically which network (out of Orange and o2) do the best retention deals?

Thanks.

Comments

• moneymark121
    Options
    I have been haggling with orange for a couple of months over different deals and finally managed to get HTC Touch HD for an initial payment of £190. I can get that reimbursed on my monthly bills or recieve a cheque back for that amount after my first bill.
    The contract deal is £20 month (inc vat) for 600 mins, unlimited texts and unlimited internet.

I think this is as good a deal i can get right now
  • Elvis_P
    Elvis_P Posts: 5 Forumite
    Options
    moneymark121 - You managed to get a really good deal. How did you manage it i.e. Who did you call at orange, and were you an exsisting customer?

Thanks for the info in advance.
    Be ALERT - The world needs more LERTS
  • moneymark121
    Options
    As you may well know it is an inexact science getting a good deal. I literally contacted Orange on and off for about 2 months or so (my contracted ended 3 months ago).
    I also have never paid for a phone but i was persuaded when they said that i would get the money back. Yes it does seem like a good deal but i think it really depends on who you get in the retentions department on the day and how you converse with them. Do not act demanding, just humour them and be respectful. Remember you never have to take their first offer and can always contact them back another time (although be aware that they sometimes make good offers and if you do not take it there and then, then you could lose the deal)

I hope this helps somehow
  • saintalan
    saintalan Posts: 562 Forumite
    Options
    Depending on your Web access needs then O2 is probably your best bet. Unfortunately O2 do not (yet?) supply it direct but it is available by mobiles.co.uk but availability is sketchy. Also try Carphone Warehouse not so good a deal although same company as Mobiles. Both have Quidco offers

Also try eBay for around £400-£500 and get an O2 SIM only deal with no contract. O2 also offers Quidco discount.

Good Luck, keep us posted, after research I am considering the latter route.

Cheers

Alan
  • icebergx
    icebergx Posts: 688 Forumite
    Options
    Sounds like a good deal moneymark121 but unfortunately I'm a new customer.
    Anyone know when this phone will be available on other networks? I know Orange have it exclusively at the mo, but I think that exclusivity only lasts 3 months or so.

The same 12 month deal works out £10 better than from Orange directly. Do you think I could negotiate over the phone to get a cheaper phone price (£78) to negate the loss in Quidco cashback?

Thanks.
  • MrBen_4
    MrBen_4 Posts: 147 Forumite
    Options
    Orange.co.uk have it as one of their January specials for £24.46 pm on Dolphin 35.

Anyone know how to select unlimited internet package when ordering, can't even see how much it costs!?
  • hussain
    hussain Posts: 28 Forumite
    Options
    moneymark121, I think you got a very good deal but I think it is on a 24 month contract. That is the only downside. But still a decent deal.

I have just been offered the touch HD, 500 mins, 100 txts, unlimted landline calls, unlimited internet, 18 mnth contract, for 27.50 a month. £195 will be credited back in full.

PS: Do you guys think it is a good deal, should I go for it. BTW, I have 2 contracts with them and they are offering this to me on one of them but not both. The other one I can have the same deal for £32.50.
  • rash.m2k
    rash.m2k Posts: 976 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I have been haggling with orange for a couple of months over different deals and finally managed to get HTC Touch HD for an initial payment of £190. I can get that reimbursed on my monthly bills or recieve a cheque back for that amount after my first bill.
    The contract deal is £20 month (inc vat) for 600 mins, unlimited texts and unlimited internet.

I think this is as good a deal i can get right now

Dude thats not just a good deal - thats a bloody stonking deal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

£20 per month is basically what you are paying as you get the £190 back anyway!

I got the Xperia which is on par with the Touch HD, for £20 per month, 250mins and 100txts + unlimited internet + 16GB MicroSD from Vodafone.

Not as many mins but as I have 600mins + 1000txts + unlimited calls at weekends on O2 I won't even use the 250mins.

BUT If thats a 24 month deal - theen its' not as good as I orginally thought!

I think thats a good deal hussain, with the unlimited landline calls and internet. Take it if I was you before they change their mind.
  • Susie1_2
    Susie1_2 Posts: 13 Forumite
    Options
    OH just got an HTC Touch HD free (upgrade) for 400 minutes, unlimited texts for £10 p.m on an 18 month contract from Orange:j!!! Web browsing not included so he'd have to buy the bundle.
  • rash.m2k
    rash.m2k Posts: 976 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Susie1 wrote: »
    OH just got an HTC Touch HD free (upgrade) for 400 minutes, unlimited texts for £10 p.m on an 18 month contract from Orange:j!!! Web browsing not included so he'd have to buy the bundle.

My god thats a good deal - damn u people! :p
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport