Add your feedback on energy supplier Eversmart Energy

Options

Comments

• Peteyboy
    Options
    Well my switch seemed to go ok just waiting on my final bill from BG, received email with login details the site seems a bit basic but has everything I need and no problems accessing it, I did tell a friend about them but when they tried to get a quote the site says that they are not accepting new customers at the moment so hopefully they are being sensible and not just grabbing customers for the sake of it. After a week my smart meters went dumb the unit in the house just says trying to connect to smart meters so back to manually reading the meters why they could not leave it with basic readings is beyond me.
  • Juney
    Juney Posts: 7 Forumite
    Options
    During my switch I have twice had to speak to customer services. Both times I had to wait in the queue, but was kept informed about where I was in the queue, and had some nice music to listen to. Then I was dealt with by Leon who was extremely helpful, polite, and sorted my query with no problems whatsoever. I am impressed so far, and glad I switched to what was the cheapest tariff I have seen yet. Just because some firms are small, it doesn’t mean they give a lesser service. Top marks from me so far 😁
  • ICV
    ICV Posts: 47 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Anyone with a dumb meter (like me) been asked for a meter reading from them apart from the opening one ?
  • rogerhaworth
    Options
    I've been an Eversmart electricity customer since 20th August and I haven't been asked for a meter reading as yet.
  • Peteyboy
    Options
    I was given log in details and have added a new reading but not been asked but then again I was never asked by BG either
  • throwaway4561
    Options
    - Three sets of accounts and direct debit mandates set up
    - No electric meter reading passed to previous supplier, so final bill is based on estimate
    - Incredibly long time taken to get issued with login details
    - No apparent way to get a smartmeter, the whole premise of the company
    - Meter serial numbers on website bear no resemblance to meter serials on previous supplier's bill
    - Website shows electricity meter reading as 00000, throws an error 404 when trying to submit reading (which actually gets submitted to some third party, redfishuk.com)
    - Do not pick up the phone, answer texts or telegram messages (which they claim to support). Unprofessional and unpolished when they finally do.

Dreading trying to escape from these cowboys, going to attempt do so as soon as I can. No confidence.
  • rogerhaworth
    Options
    Throwaway4561 is:"Dreading trying to escape from these cowboys, going to attempt to do so as soon as I can."

The question is - what is the worst that can happen? The deal that I've got with Eversmart is called Fixed Smart Special - it guarantees me electricity until 20/8/18 at 11.71p per kWh with no standing charge - I use about 3100 kWh per year so my electricity should cost £363 - £89 per year less than the cheapest current deal on Cheap Energy Club (Iresa).

So what happens if Eversmart go bust during this period? Can I still be charged more than the price that I have been guaranteed and if so who is going to charge me? I have no idea what might happen!
  • Dave_save
    Dave_save Posts: 362 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I switched from BG to Eversmart on 21st September. The first issue I had was an incorrect electricity meter number submitted to me by Eversmart, which Eversmart said was due to BG not updating the new meter on the national database. Secondly, the final meter readings submitted by me to Eversmart, were not correct on my final BG accounts. Eversmart told me that BG had been sent the final readings on the date of transfer. The Eversmart website is a bit basic, but the test will come at the point of the first bill.

Overall, the set up is a bit amateurish, and there is a distinct lack of contact after the initial 'Welcome Pack'. I've had to contact them three times over the above issues, but each time the phone was answered fairly promptly and the issues resolved.

So far I'm quite happy to be making some savings and I'm prepared to do a bit of chasing to get them!
  • Dave_save
    Dave_save Posts: 362 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    So what happens if Eversmart go bust during this period? Can I still be charged more than the price that I have been guaranteed and if so who is going to charge me? I have no idea what might happen!

I understand that OFGEM would transfer you to a supplier of their choice under a deemed contract. You won't get the same tariffs as on your Eversmart fixed contract, but you're free to move to a supplier of YOUR choice at any time AFTER the appointment by OFGEM of the new supplier. Any credit is honoured, either by the new supplier or protected by an industry levy (provided you allow OFGEM to initially set you up with a new supplier). I would suppose that any debit could be reclaimed by the administrators.
  • harefan
    harefan Posts: 4 Newbie
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 11 October 2017 at 11:16PM
    Options
    Further to my post on 29 August, I believe my switch took place on 19 September, but I wasn't asked or reminded to provide a meter reading. Consequently, my previous supplier had to estimate the final bill, which was significantly underestimated, but when I called the previous supplier, they said they could not amend a final bill. This is probably going to put my monthly payments out of kilter.

Also it took Ever Smart Energy until 29 September to send me an email about creating my online account at which point, I provided an up to date meter reading, but this was before I received the final bill from my previous supplier.

Just wondering about administrative efficiency here.

On the bright side, they did get my meter serial number correct.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure