PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

What are you making for dinner?

Options

Comments

• Islandmaid
    Islandmaid Posts: 6,511 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    We are out for lunch today, BIL's 65th Birthday

Still going to make chicken and Sweetcorn soup for work lunches, and using up some of our wild garlic to make garlic butter 'log' for the freezer before it goes over.
    Note to self - STOP SPENDING MONEY !!

£300/£130
  • hatful-of-hollow
    Options
    Tonight's dinner will be hm veggie quiche, ham, hm coleslaw and curried rice salad, green salad and new potatoes.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Wow FRUGALISH fantastic foraging!

We have DD2 and the Grandpickles coming this afternoon for a few days so meals will be different to normal. We are meeting them for a pic-nic at lunchtime and coming home I have popped a chicken into the slow cooker for the boys for a couple of days which they will have tonight with some rice, carrots and sweetcorn (absolute favourite meal) and we shall have some lamb and apricot burgers later on with onion rice and salad and I have made a rhubarb and ginger crumble to have for puddings for a few days too. Coffee if we all feel like it afterwards.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Making stir fried rice (l/o) for lunch and then Kung Po chickpeas for dinner tonight, using frozen l/o sauce, pre cooked chickpeas from freezer and other frozen stuff, will do in s.cooker so using up freezer stuff too.
  • kerri_gt
    kerri_gt Posts: 11,202 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Xmas Saver!
    Options
    Dinner last night was a Chinese takeaway after we'd been out watching the football and I couldn't be bothered (nor was in any state) to cook.

Not sure what today will be, think OH will pick, I still have some Chinese left but am hankering over it already.
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

• caronc
    caronc Posts: 8,091 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Rump steak strips in a mushroom, mustard and creme fraiche sauce with rice and savoy cabbage
  • joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 16,560 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    We've had a roast chicken dinner with loads of roast potatoes & veg with cabbage & gravy. The plates were absolutely heaving - no idea how I managed to eat it all!

Denise
  • hatful-of-hollow
    Options
    Lunch today will be a spinach and ricotta tortilla pizza with some salad. Tonight we're having slow roasted shoulder of lamb, roast potatoes, carrots, broccoli, green beans, mint sauce and gravy, maybe some yorkshires as well. Strawberry trifle for pudding.
  • joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 16,560 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Lunch is cooking - veggie burgers (made with TVP), sweet potato chips & beans.

Dinner tonight will be chicken stirfry, using up some of the LO roast chicken from yesterday.

Curry sauce made for tomorrow night's chicken curry, using most of the rest of the meat. There will still be some left for sandwiches.

Denise
  • kerri_gt
    kerri_gt Posts: 11,202 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Xmas Saver!
    Options
    Have a cod fishcake with parsley sauce middle in the oven which I'll have with some LO potato from last week, a bit of mashed swede from the freezer and some kale (also freezer stock) - would really prefer peas but we're out of them, so that's that one.

OH is having pasta because that's what he wants.
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport