PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

What are you making for dinner?

Options

Comments

• caronc
    caronc Posts: 8,101 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Spaghetti and clams
  • Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,719 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    Options
    Cod in parsley sauce with new potatoes and broccoli.
  • frugalish
    frugalish Posts: 22 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    We had lunch out today - very decadent, not very frugal, but the sun was shining so we thought "why not?" So our main meal was at lunchtime, and we both had scampi and chips followed by pistachio and raspberry tart with a flat white coffee. Yum! :p

Dinner tonight is the remains of yesterday's lunch, which was a hm puff pastry pie with salmon and ground elder, which tastes rather nice and is growing free in my garden, so much better than shop bought spinach! The pie was a hit - will definitely be making it again :T
    "What do we live for, if it is not to make life less difficult for each other?" - George Eliot

Grocery Challenge Feb 20 £0.00/ £400 = £0.00
    Frugal Living Challenge 2020
  • kerri_gt
    kerri_gt Posts: 11,202 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Xmas Saver!
    Options
    Have just inhaled a Ristorante Fungi pizza which I was thinking about the entire time I was in yoga class :o
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    Tuna salad for lunch today and a risotto for supper with peas, mushrooms and lemon, skyr and fruit if we want it and a cup of black coffee.
  • Islandmaid
    Islandmaid Posts: 6,521 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 21 April 2018 at 11:44AM
    Options
    We had fun last night with a massive birthday Chinese takeaway for 8, eaten under the stars with wine flowing and good company - love this weather x

A little more sedate tonight, just the 2 of us with BBQ steak, watercress salad and new potatoes

Also made a Catalan style rice pudding flavoured with orange zest and cinnamon, will serve it cold with a caramelised top
    Note to self - STOP SPENDING MONEY !!

£300/£130
  • hatful-of-hollow
    Options
    I've just put a chicken curry in the SC, so we'll have that tonight with rice, a hm veg curry from the freezer and some hm garlic and coriander naans, also from the freezer.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Oh ho, He Who Knows brought me back the first picking of rhubarb from the allotment this afternoon, half of it is simmering on low in the slow cooker to have as compote, I find the pieces stay whole and all I add is a little boiling water at the start, cooks to perfection in a couple of hours and the other half is in the oven under a ginger crumble topping for the next few days puddings.....I think it's finally spring!!!
  • JIL
    JIL Posts: 8,698 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Indian potato, poppadoms, paneer curry and fish curry.

Ice cream for afterwards.
  • frugalish
    frugalish Posts: 22 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    edited 22 April 2018 at 6:21AM
    Options
    We had ground elder, nettle and cheese omelette for lunch yesterday - I do like eating weeds, it feels very frugal indeed! I'm not sure about the flavour of nettles though - it tasted a bit pungent. I'm going to persevere, it took me ages to like spinach and kale too! So possibly nettle soup for lunch today :D

Dinner last night was jacket potato, beans and cheese - easy and filling. We've got a chicken to roast for tonight. Have a good day all! (Especially if you're in the marathon!!)
    "What do we live for, if it is not to make life less difficult for each other?" - George Eliot

Grocery Challenge Feb 20 £0.00/ £400 = £0.00
    Frugal Living Challenge 2020
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport