Compensation for delayed flights Discussion Area

Options

Comments

• JPears
    JPears Posts: 5,086 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I think this is one of those many interesting oddities that this forum throws up.
    Some Swiss courts have found that later regulation clarifications are permissible. Its een left up to the Swiss courts.
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
  • gm786
    gm786 Posts: 12 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks all
    We have made a start with ADR using SÖP.
    I will come and post here once I hear.
    If they don't agree and reject, next stop is EUCLAIM.
    really grateful to everyone who took time to reply.
  • tanjatucker
    Options
    Hi all,
    wondering if someone could advise as I'm getting in a muddle reading the guide.

The situation: My sister was due to visit me earlier this year, flying EasyJet from Berlin to Bristol on 1st February. The original flight was cancelled due to poor weather conditions at Bristol. She could not get through to the airline's telephone helpdesk before they closed for the evening and was left with using their automated online re-booking service. The earliest flight they offered was two whole days later. (evening of 3rd February). She went for this option rather than cancel the trip. She checked in for the flight and on the 3rd the flight status showed a one hour delay until the afternoon, when they suddenly changed the flight time to the next morning, apparently due to crew's maximum working hours being reached.
    It wasn't a cancellation as such, the flight number stayed the same, but instead of showing the flight as 'delayed' on their system it just showed a new departure time. Again noone could be contacted at EasyJet as it was quite late at night at this point.
    Because we had plans to travel from Bristol to London together the next morning (all booked already) and she would be arriving too late on the rescheduled flight to go on this trip she ended up requesting a refund on the morning of 4th February when she could finally get hold of someone.
    in these circumstances, is she entitled to something? I know the first cancellation was due to poor weather, so not the airline's fault, but the second delay was their fault. Part of the guide says no compensation if you've requested a refund, but then it also says if a rescheduled flight is delayed you can claim even if you didn't end up going on it?!
    Thanks if you've read this far and managed to understand my waffles.
    Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
  • Aveyron
    Options
    I have just been informed that a flight I have booked through Flybe has been cancelled due to insufficient passenger numbers. The passenger was due to fly back on 3rd November at 10.30 from Toulouse to arrive at Manchester at 11.45. Flybe have offered KLM flights via Amsterdam getting into Manchester at 16.35. The lady concerned suffers from severe leg pain and this will put a lot of stress on her illness. Can anyone advise me as to what compensation may be available.
    Many thanks
  • Alan_Bowen
    Alan_Bowen Posts: 4,850 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    There is no compensation payable when a flight is cancelled more than 14 days in advance and I think the route is cancelled for the whole winter. If the option offered is not acceptable then there is the option of a refund but that won't create a flight on a route that no longer exists
  • worldtraveller
    worldtraveller Posts: 14,012 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic
    edited 22 September 2019 at 10:49AM
    Options
    Many thanks MSE for the great 'resolver' tool, through which we just received an offer from American Airlines for a delay in August of either a USD400 travel coupon, or EUR300 payment via bank transfer.
    There is a pleasure in the pathless woods, There is a rapture on the lonely shore, There is society, where none intrudes, By the deep sea, and music in its roar: I love not man the less, but Nature more...
  • Justice13075
    Options
    I assume you delay was less than 4 hours?
  • worldtraveller
    worldtraveller Posts: 14,012 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic
    edited 23 September 2019 at 6:57AM
    Options
    I assume you delay was less than 4 hours?

Indeed! 3 hours and 19 min to be precise.
    There is a pleasure in the pathless woods, There is a rapture on the lonely shore, There is society, where none intrudes, By the deep sea, and music in its roar: I love not man the less, but Nature more...
  • Bill_p
    Bill_p Posts: 4 Newbie
    edited 23 September 2019 at 9:39AM
    Options
    Tenerife Delay.
    We were delayed in Tenerife, over four hours, and then at the airport we were informed that the flight was cancelled and rescheduled for the next day. The reason given was 'the flight from the UK coming to Tenerife had to divert to Barcelona for a medical emergency, then couldn't fly on to Tenerife because the pilots had run out of hours’. When we landed the next day at Newcastle the airline provided everyone with a compensation claim sheet however when the claim was submitted they said it was not the airlines fault and would not be paying compensation. Is this correct? They did provide overnight accommodation in Tenerife. Thanks in advance for any help and advice.
  • Auldy68
    Options
    I'm owed £3,700 from Thomas Cook for delayed flight compensation.
    Is there anything I can do now to get this money now that they have gone insolvent?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback