Argos agent swearing on the phone ...

Options

Comments

• heartbreak_star
    Options
    Gavin83 wrote: »
    You do realise that there is nothing stopping them from removing the employees voice from the recording, so you'll only be able to hear yourself? Besides even if they do send you the full recording and you hear the swearing what are you going to do about it?

I'll ask the same question as the others have, how much do you want?

Well said Gavin, I was about to point out that GDPR applies to the employee as well as the customer ;)

So...in summation, OP...

You ordered the wrong bed
    You called up and wanted it "upgraded" somehow (maybe collect old one on delivery of new one?)
    The call centre operator (likely awful shifts and minimum wage) did an intonation that, according to you was a swear word, but according to several people who have listened, was not
    You've been offered a nice goodwill gesture of £30
    You're pearl-clutching in the hope of more compensation

At this rate some poor employee is going to get fired because you ordered the wrong bed :/

£30 is a standard goodwill gesture from a complaint, and no company is obliged to offer this but many do.

It's not worth QA's life for them to not report back on calls correctly.

Seriously, kids probably say worse when their parents can't hear. Go about your life.

HBS x
    "I believe in ordinary acts of bravery, in the courage that drives one person to stand up for another."

"It's easy to know what you're against, quite another to know what you're for."

#Bremainer
  • MothballsWallet
    Options
    At work in aviation, I use the therm Focke Wulf at work. If you were upset because if this, what do you want?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Focke-Wulf
    And there's Fokker, founded by Dutch man Antony Focker - in fact, the makers of that follow up to "Meet the Parents" had to prove to the MPAA that Fokker was a real name and not an attempt to insert a profanity (because the Yanks are still that damned prudish).
  • unholyangel
    unholyangel Posts: 16,863 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    There is a law that makes it a crime to use obscene language likely to cause distress or fear - but the phrase mentioned would fall far far short of the bar set for that offence.

There is nothing in law which entitles you to compensation for hearing a swear word. Even if there was, in civil claims damages tend to be awarded based on actual loss and there has been no actual loss here. It hasn't cost you money. It hasn't caused injury.

Maybe the recording software doesn't record background noise. Not everything is a conspiracy.

Hell is also regarded as a swear word by some. How much compensation should we expect from you? :p
    You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means - Inigo Montoya, The Princess Bride
  • Mr_Singleton
    Options
    Bucki wrote: »
    I guess you like to be sworn at for a service you paid ...

Some people would pay good money for such a service LOL!
  • John_G_Jones
    John_G_Jones Posts: 542 Forumite
    edited 14 January 2019 at 12:23AM
    Options
    My bad, maybe I should take my time when typing in English, as I do speak three other languages and I do tend to get words mixed up. Anyway, "f... hell" is an expression but should that be tolerated? Also, I was talking to the agent and therefore the "f... hell" is directed to me.

Indeed, I called after I have received the items, read the original thread.
    I phoned and asked for an upgrade ... and that is where it ended.

She was frustrated but THAT IS NOT MY PROBLEM!
    She works for a company who meant to represent it professionally, right?

F... is still F.... therefore is a swear word.
    You are coming across as pretty vindictive at this point, and grasping.

To answer your question, yes, it should be tolerated. Your English is poor, you seem confused yourself about what you were asking for, and the poor agent let something slip when frustrated at having to deal with you.

People have bad days, and sometimes slip up. Making this big a deal,of it is not a normal response.
  • Bucki
    Bucki Posts: 203 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited 14 January 2019 at 10:10AM
    Options
    WOW this topic has gone viral!

Even more worrying is having to read comments of people who have noooooooooo clue what went on during the phone conversation but yet think they know everything and have the balls to actually bully you... well done on you :) surely that is how you been brought up!

As per my English: it is not poor at all considering that I do speak 3 other languages fluently.
    Now, how many other languages do you speak?? NONE! Besides that, I did not come here to get my English checked but never mind....

Indeed, there were some great feedback & advise and I thank them sincerely.

Case closed: Argos have increased to £100 instead which I have accepted.
  • martinbsp
    Options
    Case closed: Argos have increased to £100 instead which I have accepted.

The needle on the "I'm telling porkies" meter has just broken...
  • Bucki
    Options
    martinbsp wrote: »
    The needle on the "I'm telling porkies" meter has just broken...

Don't be jealous...
  • George_Michael
    Options
    Besides that, I did not come here to get my English checked but never mind....

So why did you come here then?
    It certainly wasn't for:
    Any advise you can provide .... ??
    because the only thing you wanted to read were posts agreeing with your opinion.
  • Bucki
    edited 14 January 2019 at 10:35AM
    Options
    So why did you come here then?
    It certainly wasn't for:

because the only thing you wanted to read were posts agreeing with your opinion.

I came here 'cos I thought there would be guys providing advise and not hate, insult and bully!
    Sure, there had been some great feedback by some decent people :)

Anyway, the case is now closed, I got a better offer and is all good.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure