Argos agent swearing on the phone ...

Options

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    Bucki wrote: »
    Today, I received an email (why not phoning me??) .

Perhaps they don't want any further accusations that their staff use the vernacular? :P

Accept the thirty quid..
  • Les79
    Les79 Posts: 1,337 Forumite
    Options
    Take comfort in the fact that, if they didn't initially get sacked, you chasing this up is likely going to end up in a (usually young) minimum wage person getting an on-the-spot sacking.

Personally, I've worked in call centers and I've seen it first hand how they do this! It is particularly harsh when it happens in such a manner because it is almost a stitch up. That's why I tend to give employees one "pass" when dealing with them.... Obviously calling me a "!!!!ing !!!!!!!!", as apposed to what was said in your situation (a general phrase not directly aimed at you and potentially not even indirectly aimed at you), wouldn't warrant a "pass" but your example would.

I think you have done well for yourself in getting a £30 voucher. Take it and run! I have little understanding of why you are pursuing it any further though.
  • DoaM
    DoaM Posts: 11,863 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Perhaps I'm misunderstanding ... why did OP order a 2-drawer bed if they wanted a 4-drawer bed? Why did they phone up Argos rather than do the exchange online/in-store (depending on where/how it was purchased)?
  • DoaM
    DoaM Posts: 11,863 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    At work in aviation, I use the therm Focke Wulf at work.
    Reminds me of the old joke about a WW2 pilot in a school giving a talk about his aerial duels with Fockes and Messer!!!!!!ts. :D

Edit: how on earth does Messersch m i tt breach the swear filter?
  • k3lvc
    k3lvc Posts: 4,174 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    DoaM wrote: »
    Edit: how on earth does Messersch m i tt breach the swear filter?

In the same way as S!!!!horpe - so glad I moved from there to !!!!!!
  • photome
    photome Posts: 16,363 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Bake Off Boss!
    Options
    DoaM wrote: »
    Perhaps I'm misunderstanding ... why did OP order a 2-drawer bed if they wanted a 4-drawer bed? Why did they phone up Argos rather than do the exchange online/in-store (depending on where/how it was purchased)?

Me too

I did ask if the OP got the bed they ordered (twice) but I am still no wiser.

If Op cant explain properly on here it is little wonder the call centre got frustrated
  • macman
    macman Posts: 53,098 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    For £30 a pop, I'll be happy to let Argos swear at me all day.
    I'm phoning them straight away...
    No free lunch, and no free laptop ;)
  • martinbsp
    Options
    Can't believe I wasted time reading this. Get real. There are much much bigger things you'll be encountering in life. The fact that you've already rejected a generous offer says it all.
  • pmduk
    pmduk Posts: 10,655 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 11 January 2019 at 7:49PM
    Options
    baza52 wrote: »
    I was very good at hitting the mute button at the right time :)

It's survival 101

https://www.pinterest.co.uk/pin/607352699724940942/
  • Gavin83
    Gavin83 Posts: 8,753 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Bucki wrote: »
    Sorry if I did ... yes the £30 is there for me to take but I can still request a copy of the recording as per the GDPR rules implied.

You do realise that there is nothing stopping them from removing the employees voice from the recording, so you'll only be able to hear yourself? Besides even if they do send you the full recording and you hear the swearing what are you going to do about it?

I'll ask the same question as the others have, how much do you want?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure