Bucki Posts: 203 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    BoGoF wrote: »
    It's foul btw.......

hope you can sleep over it now :)
  • iammumtoone
    iammumtoone Posts: 6,377 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Bucki wrote: »
    Yes, I heard it whether it was not loud enough or not clear enough or mumbling .. my hearing is perfect.

You might have heard it, you say yourself the conversation was getting frustrating (on both sides) in that situation you are more attune to picking up on things like this.

However when someone else listened, they may have heard a bit of a mumble but it probably wasn't clear, to take some action they would have had to hear it clearly and no mistaken what was said.

Regarding why did they say it was someone else, well they are a customer service agent, they are not suppose to disagree with a customer. To tell a customer they are mistaken is rude so perhaps they though it was better to say it was someone else? not the ideal thing to say but with no clear proof it was said, this is not proof in itself.

I would take the £30. There is nothing you can do swearing is not against the law, you have nowhere to take this.
  • KatrinaWaves
    KatrinaWaves Posts: 2,944 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options

The agent swore when he found out that what you received was not what you wanted and he might well have extra work because of it.

He received what he ordered, but he decided he wanted something else...
  • neilmcl
    neilmcl Posts: 19,460 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    As an offer they asked me to accept £30.
    Really ?? £30 for all the hassle and trouble... wow.
    Sounds like the only person creating hassle is yourself.
  • photome
    photome Posts: 16,363 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Bake Off Boss!
    Options
    photome wrote: »
    Have you got the bed you paid for?

if so take the £30 and move on., although I dont think any compo is due

everyone has bad day now and again.

if you keep pushing maybe they will get the sack, which you say you dont want

did you chose to ignore my question or have you answered it and i missed it
  • Bucki
    Options
    You might have heard it, you say yourself the conversation was getting frustrating (on both sides) in that situation you are more attune to picking up on things like this.

However when someone else listened, they may have heard a bit of a mumble but it probably wasn't clear, to take some action they would have had to hear it clearly and no mistaken what was said.

Regarding why did they say it was someone else, well they are a customer service agent, they are not suppose to disagree with a customer. To tell a customer they are mistaken is rude so perhaps they though it was better to say it was someone else? not the ideal thing to say but with no clear proof it was said, this is not proof in itself.

I would take the £30. There is nothing you can do swearing is not against the law, you have nowhere to take this.

It is rude for them to disagree but it is ok to say "F... Hell" ?? well well..
    I agree, and I said it, she did not say it out loud in a very clear voice but rather like as if you are trying to hide what you are saying and yes it may come across to mumbling to the management but then again, when approach the agent "want to talk to your manager cos you swore" she said " it was not or or I did not swear sir it was somebody else.." which implies there was something said which not supposed to have happened.

Yes, I can take the £30 and walk away ...
    I shall still insist for the voice recording as per the GDPR I am entitled to.
  • BoGoF
    BoGoF Posts: 7,099 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options

That makes no sense......no wonder the agent lost the plot.
  • spadoosh
    spadoosh Posts: 8,732 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options

And could you do the same about hearing someone swear?
  • Bucki
    Options
    photome wrote: »
    did you chose to ignore my question or have you answered it and i missed it

Sorry if I did ... yes the £30 is there for me to take but I can still request a copy of the recording as per the GDPR rules implied.
  • Rainbowgirl84
    Options
    Nah, not expecting millions but 1st them to admit it, 2nd them to apologies, 3rd an offer I can't reject :P
    Yes, I heard it whether it was not loud enough or not clear enough or mumbling .. my hearing is perfect.

Sorry but you seem to accept the usage of faul language, so whatever floats your boat!

There's a four letter word beginning with 'f' you've got wrong. Could you possibly have got another one wrong?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure