Bulk LPG - Cheapest suppliers / supply route?

Options

Comments

• J_B
    J_B Posts: 6,444 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Bethmiss wrote: »
    Hi,
    Does anybody have any idea of LPG prices in NE Scotland?

Does this help?

https://www.uklpg.org/shop
  • Bethmiss
    Options
    Thanks for that JB. Have had a quick look but didn't see anything obvious about pricing. Phoned JGas this afternoon and quoted 33.7ppl for now, which is less than we were told we'd be, so ordered 700 litres (their minimum delivery). Sales Manager phoned me later to discuss contract, and said that price would be 36.7ppl and that he was signing new customers up at 39ppl. I pointed out that various people around the country seem to be getting LPG at around 30ppl mark. He just said their suppliers can't be getting any profit at that price - and that was the end of that! Decided we're better off out of contract meantime.
    Thanks for help.
  • marginalone
    Options
    Switching supplier.

Flogas offered 46ppl ex VAT for Bulk LPG.
    Calor 40ppl ex VAT capped for 12 months.
  • ZenLittle
    Options
    Fascinating posts on LPG contracts! Recent prices for LPG range from 30ppl to 60ppl - as consumers we really are at the mercy of suppliers.
    Also there is very poor customer service from Flogas, our supplier.
    Our umbrella contract for 10 houses started Jan 18 after I had negotiated the price down to 32ppl. Contract allowed increase based on Platts price as at date of contract compared to date of price increase. Flogas notified increase to 43ppl (+31%) from 1 Nov18. I complained that their contract states they will declare the two Platts prices. The Sales guy seemed unaware of this (?!) and came back saying they could not give the Platts prices as they were "confidential"!! So he offered a reduction to 37ppl, ie the max 5ppl increase per contract if they do not quote Platts info. The Administrator then sent a new contract to start 1 Feb (not due till 1 Jan 2020) which had removed the Platts price basis (!!) but inserted a max rise of 12ppl in any 12 month period - wow. If they want to increase more than 12ppl we are allowed to terminate the contract - very kind of them.
    I wonder what power we consumers have to negotiate such unreasonable terms?? Probably it's "take it or leave it".
    We really could do with setting up a Flogas Users Group. An LPG Ombudsman scheme would be another benefit but presumably is unlikely.
    The Flogas admin has always been very poor. They have a Customer Charter on their website but their staff seem unaware of it eg never respond within the stated timeframe, often not at all. Their online a/c info is also very poor.
    We also have problems with our underground tanks where the "volume remaining' sensors are not working properly. The guys who attend (frequently!) have said what an awful company Flogas are, with very poor internal communication between depts.
    I'll be interested to see if this post gets many responses ........
  • LittleVermin
    LittleVermin Posts: 737 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 1 March 2019 at 8:36PM
    Options
    ZenLittle wrote: »
    Fascinating posts on LPG contracts! Recent prices for LPG range from 30ppl to 60ppl - as consumers we really are at the mercy of suppliers. <snip>

I wonder what power we consumers have to negotiate such unreasonable terms?? Probably it's "take it or leave it".
    We really could do with setting up a Flogas Users Group. An LPG Ombudsman scheme would be another benefit but presumably is unlikely. <snip>

I'll be interested to see if this post gets many responses ........

More horrendous tales about LPG ... useless contracts.. unenforceable contracts.. "Platt's?" - "Wozzat? It's secret." "But you quote it in my contract." "Blah, blah, blah...."

"Flogas Users Group" - FUG for short - so appropriate - 'fog' plus 'mug' - what they seem to take each customer for (apart from Prince Charles, of course - they hold a Royal Warrant from him!)

Well, there is an ombudsman. Not exactly a govt-endorsed one but at least he/she has the title. NO-ONE HAS REPORTED ANY RESULTS OF A COMPLAINT ...despite promises (?was there a NDA - no disclosure agreement ...which the majors - and certainly Flogas like [ref if you want ...I'll need to find the post! And the press article.])

So, please, check back to my post from last March: https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.php?p=74032540&postcount=3083
  • bobmac62
    bobmac62 Posts: 65 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Monthly pricing for Woldlink confirmed as 30.22ppl +5% VAT for March, up slightly on February.:(
  • Shazbagga
    Options
    I received a letter from Calor yesterday to say my LPG gas price will increase by a massive 49% from 2nd April !!

Would be very interested in sourcing an alternative to Calor and find out what other customers are doing to locate an alternative LPG supplier?
  • lset
    lset Posts: 3 Newbie
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    It would help if you quoted how much per litre you will be paying
  • Shazbagga
    Options
    Actually it’s not as bad as I first thought. The letter says gas prices have increased circ 49% but the increased cost to me in Maidenhead is: 68.50p per unit. The previous cost was 58.5p per unit.
  • Mister_G
    Mister_G Posts: 1,926 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Shazbagga wrote: »
    Actually it’s not as bad as I first thought. The letter says gas prices have increased circ 49% but the increased cost to me in Maidenhead is: 68.50p per unit. The previous cost was 58.5p per unit.

That's incredibly expensive. I assume you mean per litre.

Look here

https://www.uklpg.org/advice/how-to-switch-lpg-supplier

to see if there is an alternative supplier in your area.

The other thing is, are you out of contract? Contracts usually run for two years, after which you are free to change supplier.

As a guide to prices, you should be able to get LPG for 30-35ppl.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback