VICTORIAPLUMB.COM - any experience with this company?

Options

Comments

• CJohns_2
    CJohns_2 Posts: 16 Forumite
    Options
    Doozergirl wrote: »
    I hope that post is genuine.

You have to consider both looks and cost when developing. I couldn't warrant putting Villeroy & Boch bathrooms in any of my developments either. Bathstore is pretty high spec for a modest sized terrace and if you look at some of the fittings in your average Bryant or Wimpey new build, you'll be struggling to find anything stylish or with any imagination applied.

Maybe high spec isn't the right phrase but nice spec might be appropriate. We upgrade our houses with things like granite worktops, oak flooring etc but it is a lot about the look and a good finish perhaps more than everything of the best spec when it comes to kitchen units or baths and toilets. Our plumbers merchant with the discount we get isn't as cheap as Victoria Plumb. I don't build 5 or 10 houses a year but we've bought 3 bathrooms this year and I need another four right now. Price is a massive issue.

So where do I buy them from?!

Just to let you know that you can also apply for a trade account with Victoria plumb which will enable you to get an extra 10% off your orders!

I’ve had an account since this time last year and have ordered 4 times off them, first time over the phone and the rest over the internet. As well as the extra discount they can also deliver the goods next day, which I find is the easiest way to get the products to site as I don’t have to be there and the lads who work for me can get started straight away if necessary.

So far, touch wood, I haven’t had any problems with the products and have recommended them to a few of my mates who are also in the trade. Quality of the roll top baths is especially good for the price.
  • CJohns_2
    CJohns_2 Posts: 16 Forumite
    Options
    We do use a plumbers merchant and have done for everything we've done so far this year but I don't like the way we have to do business. I get a whole pile of brochures of which I'm supposed to pick something and guess how much it's going to cost me, also you end up up with the owner's opinion of quality and my H's all mixed in as well (ultimately he couldn't care less) which isn't the same as mine so in my own ensuite now I have a really horrid looking toilet and not a brand name in sight anyway :wall:except my Bristan shower which doesn't work.

I really want to be able to compare things properly which is why Victoria Plumb stands out as looking nice and being cheap - I know we're paying higher prices than that for nothing special so maybe it's just worth trying it out.

Going to fill in a trade application for the extra discount.

Sorry Doozergirl, I was just typing about Trade Accounts and you posted about them. :rolleyes:
  • drilldown
    drilldown Posts: 40 Forumite
    Options
    KT1985 wrote: »
    I bought the steel bath energy suite, 2 more toilets and sinks from the same range, a phaze kitchen tap, the valencia shower cabin and the double hinged shower screen. All are great now they are in, especially impressed with the shower cabin- it is a touch of luxury at a budget price.

Delivery was also great, it all came the monday that all the snow came back in Feb or whenever. Nothing was broken, and it was all carried upstairs for me whilst I ticked it off on my order sheet.

I wouldn't hesitate to order again, just sad that I don't need to refurbish another house!!

Thanks KT1985, i was looking at getting the valencia shower cabin too but was a bit worried that it might be a bit to complicated to install as i was going to have a go at doing the ensuite myself - how did you find it to install?
  • Doozergirl
    Doozergirl Posts: 33,813 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    It does look like the feedback is much better than it was at the beginning of the thread :o
    Everything that is supposed to be in heaven is already here on earth.
  • andyhop
    andyhop Posts: 1,996 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    We do use a plumbers merchant and have done for everything we've done so far this year but I don't like the way we have to do business. I get a whole pile of brochures of which I'm supposed to pick something and guess how much it's going to cost me, also you end up up with the owner's opinion of quality and my H's all mixed in as well (ultimately he couldn't care less) which isn't the same as mine so in my own ensuite now I have a really horrid looking toilet and not a brand name in sight anyway :wall:except my Bristan shower which doesn't work.

I really want to be able to compare things properly which is why Victoria Plumb stands out as looking nice and being cheap - I know we're paying higher prices than that for nothing special so maybe it's just worth trying it out.

Going to fill in a trade application for the extra discount.

You need to apply for a account at somewhere like PTS or a smaller trade outlet that let you discuss the discount/account terms.

The likes of grahams and plumb centre will not be interested in supplying small fish like yourself unless your buying 50k of goods a year at good prices

If your bristan shower is less than 5 yrs old call them and complain and get a engineer out to repair FOC
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure
  • KT1985
    KT1985 Posts: 291 Forumite
    Options
    drilldown wrote: »
    Thanks KT1985, i was looking at getting the valencia shower cabin too but was a bit worried that it might be a bit to complicated to install as i was going to have a go at doing the ensuite myself - how did you find it to install?

Apparently it was really easy (the plumber did it).

Only problem that we had was that as we weren't having the bathroom on an outside wall, the waste was 'too low', so there wasn't enough fall in the pipe. We therefore had to put it on a riser (the plumber made one- I am very impressed with it), and now it is great. plumbing is v easy- just a hot and cold feed to two flexi connectors on the back.
    :jMummy to 2 small 4 year old bundles of mischief!:j
  • drilldown
    drilldown Posts: 40 Forumite
    Options
    KT1985 wrote: »
    Apparently it was really easy (the plumber did it).

Only problem that we had was that as we weren't having the bathroom on an outside wall, the waste was 'too low', so there wasn't enough fall in the pipe. We therefore had to put it on a riser (the plumber made one- I am very impressed with it), and now it is great. plumbing is v easy- just a hot and cold feed to two flexi connectors on the back.

Thanks for the update KT1985, mine will be against an outside wall so should be easy enough...........fingers crossed! ;)
  • outkast_2
    outkast_2 Posts: 16 Forumite
    Options
    Just updating as promised. I've got my bathroom suite finished and I'm so happy I decided to go with Victoria Plumb in the end - the plumber didn't have any issues when installing the toilet and sink and the look and quality is fantastic. :T

I will not hesitate in buying from Victoria Plumb again when I can afford to update my shower enclosure.
  • lester.ferguson
    Options
    I bought a complete bathroom suite Bath,shower, sink,toilet,taps and shower screen about two years ago. I have had a tap which was faulty and was replaced within 7days after one phone call. But the shower screen has just come away from it's factory fitted mounting and shattered in the bath this ended up looking like a smashed windscreen but also included shards of glass. I rang victoria plumb to make them aware of this stating the reason for my call was purely to make them aware of the problem with the glass and all I got was that if I wanted to take it further for a refund. I did tell them that all my concern was to make people who also have the same screen aware of the potential problem. Their answer was they do not sell this screen anymore. after telling them that my concern was that maybe people have bought this and have children and should be made aware of the danger. The customer services said she would inform the warehouse of the problem?????. I will not be using them again purely because they clearly have no thought for the people who have already bought, only what they are about to sell.
  • labrador2
    labrador2 Posts: 9 Forumite
    Options
    outkast wrote: »
    Just updating as promised. I've got my bathroom suite finished and I'm so happy I decided to go with Victoria Plumb in the end - the plumber didn't have any issues when installing the toilet and sink and the look and quality is fantastic. :T

I will not hesitate in buying from Victoria Plumb again when I can afford to update my shower enclosure.

Placed my order over the phone today following your advice and found it very easy! Decided to go for the Ocean suite and roll top bath with phaze taps/standpipe - just hope it all goes as smoothly as yours outkast ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure