Outfox The Market Direct Debit changes

Options

Comments

• Barneybear1
    Options
    Wavelets I think you have miss read peoples posts, oftm are not increasing the dd by 70%for winter but by in excess of 100% despite being in credit in my case.
  • wavelets
    wavelets Posts: 1,164 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Wavelets I think you have miss read peoples posts, oftm are not increasing the dd by 70%for winter but by in excess of 100% despite being in credit in my case.

Barneybear1 I think you have miss read my posts

I have not said that OFTM are oftm are increasing the dd by 70% for winter (although the manner in which they intend to collect payments is indeed one part of the current issue)

The fuller picture is given in theis recent MSE article
    https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/news/2018/11/outfox-the-market-hikes-energy-bills-a-third-time-and-increases-/

And there has been a report of a further price rise here:
    https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/news/2018/11/outfox-the-market-hits-customers-with-fourth-price-hike-in-just-/

But if, having taken everything into consideration (the OFTM error they have accepted, the change to their collection process, the 4th increase in 6 months, your account balance currently, etc) you still feel the change to be unfair, well MSE have an article about that too :)

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/utilities/lower-energy-direct-debits/
  • Barneybear1
    Options
    Wavelets you stated
    OFTM are not collecting 'overpayments', but rather are collecting payments more aligned to usage.
    i.e. in summer you use less, so will pay less; in winter you will use more so will pay more.

This is simply not true, they are trying to take far more than winter aligned usage, they rebuked the previous did price increase, but since have tried it again with a even h
  • Barneybear1
    Options
    Even higher dd hairbrainef scheme
  • ukcobra
    ukcobra Posts: 12 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Fed up waiting for a email response, it has been 3 weeks so far. Currently waiting on their IVR. 35 people in the queue, and it appears to be a 30+ minute wait.
  • peterx
    peterx Posts: 137 Forumite
    Options
    ukcobra wrote: »
    Fed up waiting for a email response, it has been 3 weeks so far. Currently waiting on their IVR. 35 people in the queue, and it appears to be a 30+ minute wait.
    Whats the point as they are not authorised to do anything about D/D or amounts.
  • ukcobra
    ukcobra Posts: 12 Forumite
    Options
    Update : After waiting 45 minutes on hold and a 15 minutes conversation.
    It appears that the Customer Phone Agents are equally unable to actually do anything.
    I have a credit of £233 , and my current Direct Debit is £159 p/m, they want to increase it to £239 p/m.
    They will offer a D/D review by a finance colleague, to take into account my credit balance. They cannot say when this will happen.
    They will NOT offer a refund of the credit account, they say they need to keep the money to pay for 1 months usage. So they want their cake and eat it as well.
    I told them they were in breach of Condition 27 of the Gas Supply License, where they have to refund a credit amount if the customer asks for it.

In summary, I wasted an hour to get no where with OFTM.
    They want the extra money, they don't want to refund any credit. They are not listening to their customers, which will be their downfall.

So I am waiting still on their Finance review to reduce the D/D.
    If they fail to change the D/D, then it will get recalled by my bank, I told OFTM this. I will also make a complaint to OFGEM about them failing to follow their own process and non-compliant with Condition 27 of the Gas Supply License.
    The Agents are stressed, they are spending all their time talking to some very unhappy customers. Shame on their management for putting them into this position.
  • randm
    randm Posts: 491 Forumite
    Options
    i had the same email regarding foxglove setting up a d.d.
    can i ask, is foxglove outfox ? because my current dd is taken by outfox, and also, is this new dd just because outfox is doing the winter price upping, or are outfox and foxglove both going to take dd from me :shocked:
    (trying to get an answer from them is impossible)
    they are still the cheapest for me until 1st jan, when i have set up a switch.
  • Bob_Hamer
    Options
    OFTM have finally gone too far! I am £105 in credit after 5 months with them and they want to increase my DD by 49%. Well it isn’t going to happen - i’m off. Just done a 12-month fixed deal with Octopus which will save me £35 per month. The way OFTM is behaving suggests to me they have a cash flow problem and they won’t be around much longer.
  • wild666
    wild666 Posts: 2,125 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    wavelets wrote: »
    How will you do that?

I check my account every day, I bank online, so will know if they set up another DD. Has they have taken the last payment on the 4th December and I am £64 in credit minus the week left and payment of this months bill that £64 should cover any usage and the bill so any usage will be minimal. Any fee should be done on a pro- rata basis that been around £2.36 for 6 days supply and as my electric use until the 3rd Dec. was 2525kWh for the whole 11 months, then they have overcharged me on the monthly fee since August.
    If OFTM want a fight they will lose as I am so certain of my figures that I will wipe the floor with them.
    Someone please tell me what money is
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport