Outfox The Market Direct Debit changes

Options

Comments

• ukcobra
    ukcobra Posts: 12 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I found the web chat agents are not empowered to do anything, so was kind of pointless to engage with them.
    They always deferred D/D questions to other colleagues who would be in contact with me in a few days..... (never happened)
  • editor1
    editor1 Posts: 287 Forumite
    Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options
    Until the December DD goes through I actually have zero idea now whats going on with OFTM, but to continually make amendments to DD payment instructions to our banks, averaging one per week now, must be annoying our banks as well, given none of us now know where we stand as a consequence of today's poorly worded and executed DD notification.

If the December DD payment is £119, my account will show £250 in Credit, which is more than it was on Monday - in a nutshell, OFTM may hit the wall by the year end, particularly given Variable Rate users are leaving in droves, whilst Fixed Term users are hanging on in there for now, or I am as I expect some compensation if they want to scrap the Fixed agreements already struck.

Expect the Membership fee to be messed with again, which will force hands, including mine.
  • wild666
    wild666 Posts: 2,132 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I feel an email coming on as I will be left by my next payment date so they aren't going to get any more money out of me. I am trying to keep my bill as low as possible so they owe me as I am £14.12 in credit minus the monthly fee of £11.80 plus the £50 they have taken on the 4th December making the total credit £64.12 making my credit £52.32.
    There is no way I have or will use £52 plus my bill this months in 10 days.
    This is presuming my payments are up to date, and I believe they are, unless they screw up after asking for my meter readings yesterday. I am going to cancel the DD a few days after the move as I would rather be £20 out of pocket than £102plus any credit I might have.

According to them my opening read should have been 7906 not the 9776 I gave as that included the free time usage of 1844 that gives me a usage of 2525kWh & 1036 for the gas, over 11 months. Even at the highest rate I pay at present that gives me a bill total for the 11 months of around £400, and they want £102.09 next month well that ain't going to happen, as I said previously I move on the 14th and I am cancelling the DD before the start of the new year
    Someone please tell me what money is
  • Scatty
    Scatty Posts: 135 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Never thought I would see the day that British Gas would be cheaper for me than OTM after the January increases, so I have switched back to them (hopefully!). At least it means my BG meter will become smart again, if nothing else!
    Woohoohoohooooooooo
  • orangesnaps
    Options
    editor1 wrote: »
    Until the December DD goes through I actually have zero idea now whats going on with OFTM, but to continually make amendments to DD payment instructions to our banks, averaging one per week now, must be annoying our banks as well, given none of us now know where we stand as a consequence of today's poorly worded and executed DD notification.

If the December DD payment is £119, my account will show £250 in Credit, which is more than it was on Monday - in a nutshell, OFTM may hit the wall by the year end, particularly given Variable Rate users are leaving in droves, whilst Fixed Term users are hanging on in there for now, or I am as I expect some compensation if they want to scrap the Fixed agreements already struck.

Expect the Membership fee to be messed with again, which will force hands, including mine.

I'm on a fixed tariff and have just got a reply that if we can switch penalty free if we are not happy with the alternatives that they've provided us in their reply to our complaint.
  • peterx
    peterx Posts: 137 Forumite
    Options
    I have just applied to transfer to Peoples Energy from these.OTM have informed me this morning that my D/D is doubling.Just hope this lot do not block it as I am in credit now but will not be if my statement is generated one day before my next D/D.I have only been with them for two months and they did originally set my D/D to low but I am in credit by £22 at the moment.Next bill is the 2nd day of January.People can not be expected to pay double D/D over the festive season just on their miscalculations.
  • I have had an e-mail from them today advising my DD has been cancelled and i need to contact them. The phone has been ringing off the hook all day long but no way am i giving them another £176 as i am £390 in credit as it is. I'm hoping OFGEM can help in some way with this now as the company literally can't be contacted.
  • first_timer_2
    Options
    when my old supplier of gas and energy told me their tariff was going up and I had come to the end of my term I thought I would shop around.... I came on here and filled out all the stuff, and hey presto Out fox the market came out tops.... whoo hooo says me!! I changed over and my sister did also and with in 4 weeks my old supplier Green star energy has taken £312.00 out of my account, out fox the market took £72 and then I had a email saying my direct debit was not enough and it was going up to £156 because 2 of their energy suppliers have gone bust.....
    I am absolutely fuming :mad:
    right on Christmas I am now so badly overdrawn I cant even buy food for the week??
  • BedrockFred
    Options
    I cancelled my DD after checking with the online chat rep she told me as I was leaving and had a large credit that was fine but it got reinstated I promptly cancelled it again

I have just had another online chat as I received the email re cancelling my DD and was told to disregard the email and it was fine to cancel the DD as I was leaving and had a large credit on my account

Not sure if they know what they are doing but have kept all the online chats for evidence
  • BedrockFred
    Options
    when my old supplier of gas and energy told me their tariff was going up and I had come to the end of my term I thought I would shop around.... I came on here and filled out all the stuff, and hey presto Out fox the market came out tops.... whoo hooo says me!! I changed over and my sister did also and with in 4 weeks my old supplier Green star energy has taken £312.00 out of my account, out fox the market took £72 and then I had a email saying my direct debit was not enough and it was going up to £156 because 2 of their energy suppliers have gone bust.....
    I am absolutely fuming :mad:
    right on Christmas I am now so badly overdrawn I cant even buy food for the week??

Did you owe Greenstar that amount if not get the DD reversed

Not sure that 2 energy suppliers have gone bust is a reason to more than double your DD by OFTM but they seem to make it up as they go along
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.5K Life & Family
  • 248.8K Travel & Transport