Symbio Energy feedback

Options

Comments

• CRISPIANNE3
    CRISPIANNE3 Posts: 1,471 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    Talldave wrote: »
    I think not contacting them has been the much safer option. You're venturing into totally unknown billing territory now - and what we've already seen is scary enough.

Everything was finalised on the phone with them and there was no need for them to produce a revised bill. I will see what happens.
  • Talldave
    Talldave Posts: 2,002 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Everything was finalised on the phone with them and there was no need for them to produce a revised bill. I will see what happens.
    Things could get very complicated, because they're not very competent - they can't spell, do maths or implement a billing system that doesn't do them out of cash!

Just check the maths very very carefully on every bill you receive! If they're tweaking their already broken system to get extra manual bills out, it could all go very wrong.
  • Tafrock
    Tafrock Posts: 747 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    4 days left... And I'm gone. Thank god for that. I'll let people know how my refund is processed
  • rags58
    rags58 Posts: 67 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Symbio sent me an e-mail last week with the same convoluted explanation as others have received and offering to refund a proportion of the Jan bill in the next 10 days. Today the refund has been made. Feb bills will be interesting....hopefully it being a leap year and having 29 days will not confuse their system too much.
  • CRISPIANNE3
    CRISPIANNE3 Posts: 1,471 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    rags58 wrote: »
    Symbio sent me an e-mail last week with the same convoluted explanation as others have received and offering to refund a proportion of the Jan bill in the next 10 days. Today the refund has been made. Feb bills will be interesting....hopefully it being a leap year and having 29 days will not confuse their system too much.

I can only dream of such things regarding a refund. They originally had £90 from me because of their inflated bill for January. Now have produced another bill for the same period but now want £45.00 and are planning to take this by dd on 24 January.
  • couriervanman
    Options
    rags58 wrote: »

Same here partial refund back in my account today meaning my january bill was more or less correct
  • DocFrog
    DocFrog Posts: 33 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Refund received by me too.

Storm. Teacup.
  • devondiver
    devondiver Posts: 299 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 21 January 2020 at 6:58PM
    Options
    Talldave wrote: »
    Things could get very complicated, because they're not very competent - they can't spell, do maths or implement a billing system that doesn't do them out of cash!

When your up to your !!!! in alligators ... etc. :eek:

Perhaps they should re-assign some resources from trying to curry favour via FB posts. Even if their spelling and grammar is wanting they may be able to do some simple arithmetic.
    I'd rather be a disappointed optimist than a self-satisfied pessimist
  • nic_c
    nic_c Posts: 2,929 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I can only dream of such things regarding a refund. They originally had £90 from me because of their inflated bill for January. Now have produced another bill for the same period but now want £45.00 and are planning to take this by dd on 24 January.
    Are you going by what is on the bill or have you had notification over the DD?
    Symbio always send an email what the DD will be before they take it, they have to do if it will be a different amount than previously. When I got an email stating a refund, they included the revised bill stating the revised amount would be due by 24 Jan.

I received the refund and have not had notification that they are taking another DD. You may want to clarify with them if simply going on a revised bill.
  • Streaky_Bacon
    Options
    I have also received a refund on my January bill after I emailed to query it.

The new bill looks right, and I think they tried to explain the original bill calculation in the email, but I couldn't make hear nor tail of it :rotfl:

The money was refunded to my account a couple of days after their email.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback