Symbio Energy feedback

Options

Comments

• jazzy
    jazzy Posts: 1,077 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Just received a new bill for next month payment and it's two weeks earlier than all of my previous bills. Payment is due on the 24/1/20 when all previous bills are around the 9th or 10th of the month.
    I have had enough of Symbio and this is the last straw to receive a bill every two weeks.
    Any suggestions for an alternative company?
  • Gerry1
    Gerry1 Posts: 9,937 Forumite
    Options
    jazzy wrote: »
    Any suggestions for an alternative company?
    Neon Reef seem cheap, but it remains to be seen whether they're cheerful.
  • nic_c
    nic_c Posts: 2,929 Forumite
    Options
    tomthered wrote: »
    Well have received an adjusted bill, but look at this explanation as to why they got it wrong!!

" Based upon your submitted read in December 2019, we found that your day consumption was higher than forecasted but your day was lower which has balanced out the estimated period last month."

They overcharged me in December and for this month it's still high. We shall what the end of the month brings. Will defo be keeping an eye on their bills!!!!!
    I too got an email offering a refund and the weird explanation. So it is a case of they estimate higher over winter but trying to save face by saying their motives for skewing it were right.

Their estimation for Jan is still higher than what I used in Dec, but at least not almost double. It is in line with what they estimated I would use in Dec, which was more than I did.
  • devondiver
    Options
    Like tk above and others I have just received a revised January bill along with grovelling email with the standard apology and explanation. However, although I told them I would be happy to pay £120 (my estimation of my expected usage for the month) rather than the £170 which they were trying to charge me they have now billed me just £72!
    This is equivalent to 63.7% of my EAC and their hopelessly convoluted calculations to arrive at this figure are now more than I can be bothered to try to unravel (although I will probably have a crack anyway). Naturally, I am not complaining but if they have done the same across the board, they may well find themselves seriously short come the end of the month. We shall see.
    I'd rather be a disappointed optimist than a self-satisfied pessimist
  • Talldave
    Talldave Posts: 2,002 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    devondiver wrote: »
    Like tk above and others I have just received a revised January bill along with grovelling email with the standard apology and explanation. However, although I told them I would be happy to pay £120 (my estimation of my expected usage for the month) rather than the £170 which they were trying to charge me they have now billed me just £72!
    This is equivalent to 63.7% of my EAC and their hopelessly convoluted calculations to arrive at this figure are now more than I can be bothered to try to unravel (although I will probably have a crack anyway). Naturally, I am not complaining but if they have done the same across the board, they may well find themselves seriously short come the end of the month. We shall see.

They're a few units down from the free units they've given me so far. If too many people start giving meter readings a day late it's going to hurt!!!

Symbio, if you're reading this I'm happy to explain where you're going wrong. My hourly rate is quite reasonable, although inexplicably, it's higher in winter.
  • griffb
    griffb Posts: 168 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Talldave wrote: »
    Symbio, if you're reading this I'm happy to explain where you're going wrong. My hourly rate is quite reasonable, although inexplicably, it's higher in winter.
    :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::T
  • Tafrock
    Tafrock Posts: 747 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    No new bill here. Probably because they have been served notice. Green. Energy are getting my trade. Around a week left before they take over

Symbio did try and ring me. I guess to persuade me to stay. I didn't hear phone so it logged as a missed call

Sorry guys. I've had enough.
  • Swipe
    Swipe Posts: 5,088 Forumite
    Options
    No new bill here either but I was given the option of a fixed or variable DD when I signed up last month and of course I chose fixed which they actually honoured, to my surprise.
  • tk47
    tk47 Posts: 311 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 17 January 2020 at 11:12PM
    Options
    tk47 wrote: »

I also have the following address ready for stage 2 of the complaint process, if required:
    [EMAIL="CSDirector@symbioenergy.co.uk"]CSDirector@symbioenergy.co.uk[/EMAIL]

The cheeky blighters! :mad:

It appears that Symbio have revised their Complaints Procedure details since a week last Monday when this fiasco all started. In doing so, they have removed the email address required to escalate the matter to Step 2 of their complaint process, leaving only a postal address, presumably in an attempt to cause even more delay.

So just quoting the appropriate email address again, for anyone needing it :)
  • jazzy
    jazzy Posts: 1,077 Forumite
    Options
    Swipe wrote: »
    No new bill here either but I was given the option of a fixed or variable DD when I signed up last month and of course I chose fixed which they actually honoured, to my surprise.
    Same as me I went on the fixed DD option, unfortunately I have now had two bills for one month:(
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback