We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Symbio Energy feedback

1…9394969899…403

Comments

  • slowrace
    slowrace Posts: 8 Forumite
    edited 22 January 2020 at 4:00PM
    Tafrock wrote: »
    But as they clearly state it takes approximately 6 months to become dcc compliant and the matter is in hand.

    ...
    And as Ofgem clearly stated:
    As highlighted in the Authority’s open letter from December 2017, those suppliers who entered the market following the 25 November 2017, should not exit Controlled Market Entry without being a DCC user.

    If you consider that
    The particular behaviour of concern giving rise to the proposal to make a Final Order is that Green Energy Supply failed to become a DCC User by the deadline and remains non-compliant.
    is having the matter "in hand", then so be it :)
  • Tafrock
    Tafrock Posts: 772 Forumite
    Ninth Anniversary 500 Posts Name Dropper
    Final point on this matter. I bet Green. Energy address the issue more swiftly and professionally than symbio

    They already seem to be.
  • devondiver
    devondiver Posts: 353 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    edited 22 January 2020 at 8:17PM
    [QUOTE
    I got the vastly inflated jan bill and contacted Symbio and I'm still waiting for reply after a week....whats the best way to contact them regarding partial refund of jan payment[/QUOTE]

    Welcome to the forum Rosco62. Just ring your bank and ask them to refund your DD payment on the grounds that it was "vastly inflated" - and, presumably, not as initially agreed. The bank should return the money to your account poste haste under terms of their DD Guarantee.
    I'd rather be a disappointed optimist than a self-satisfied pessimist
  • CRISPIANNE3
    CRISPIANNE3 Posts: 1,478 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    I paid the original bill in full by dd when it was due. Then on Friday they said they have sent a revised bill which was half the original one. They then went on to say this would be collected on the 24 January and would I be willing to reinstate the dd.

    However I never cancelled the dd in the first place and even though the revised bill was half the original amount there is no mention of a refund. Also to date no confirmation a further payment will be taken.

    UPDATE

    Advised no further payment to be taken and they will be refunding part of the payment taken by dd in a few days. Fingers crossed everything will now sort it self out.
  • Rosco62
    Rosco62 Posts: 61 Forumite
    10 Posts First Anniversary Photogenic
    Part refund paid today
  • Tafrock
    Tafrock Posts: 772 Forumite
    Ninth Anniversary 500 Posts Name Dropper
    So today I became a customer of green energy supply

    Western Power website confirms this. Green energy recognise me as a customer by allowing full access to their customer website from today

    And symbio.... Oh yes I still have access to my customer account and they seem to think I'm still with them. Lol
  • griffb
    griffb Posts: 180 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Name Dropper
    Talldave wrote: »
    They're a few units down from the free units they've given me so far. If too many people start giving meter readings a day late it's going to hurt!!!
    I admit I had doubts about these "free units", but now it's happened to me, in a big way :eek:
    Having agreed last week to let the inflated January bill go and run its course naturally, yesterday I suddenly received an amended bill (from £106 down to £36, the difference of £70 has been refunded). The "problem" is I gave a reading on 13th January and this has been taken into account against an estimate of 255 units for those 13 days for a refund of 40 units. An estimate of 382 units has then been generated, and charged, for the period 13th to 31st January, but nowhere is there a charge for the 255 estimated units to 13th January, unless, come the February bill, the 255 units are deemed to be part of the 382, which seems unlikely.
    Talldave wrote: »
    I like the price and the incompetence is amusing, so I'm staying put.
    :beer:
  • CRISPIANNE3
    CRISPIANNE3 Posts: 1,478 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    Received my refund today and will see how things go. I can you all this is more stressful dealing with this company than trying to sort out our new kitchen.
  • Talldave
    Talldave Posts: 2,002 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    griffb wrote: »
    I admit I had doubts about these "free units", but now it's happened to me, in a big way :eek:
    Having agreed last week to let the inflated January bill go and run its course naturally, yesterday I suddenly received an amended bill (from £106 down to £36, the difference of £70 has been refunded). The "problem" is I gave a reading on 13th January and this has been taken into account against an estimate of 255 units for those 13 days for a refund of 40 units. An estimate of 382 units has then been generated, and charged, for the period 13th to 31st January, but nowhere is there a charge for the 255 estimated units to 13th January, unless, come the February bill, the 255 units are deemed to be part of the 382, which seems unlikely.
    :beer:


    Presses the "I told you so" button!!


    You've done well with a near half-month freebie - I'm only on 116 free units so far. But my next reading will be going in just after midnight on the 2nd Feb to see if I can get a 2 day freebie instead of the usual 1 day.


    I know many on here think I'm talking cr** and am incapable of reading my bill, but I am pretty good at multiplication and addition (with the assistance of both Casio and Microsoft). Symbio have a flaw in their billing system which his hardly surprising given the level of incompetence they exhibit - from the clunky website, to the spelling errors, to the ludicrous explanations for the January cash-grab. It means 6% of my electricity from them has been free so far - not sure if that's sustainable for their business long term?
  • DragonQ
    DragonQ Posts: 2,204 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    The January "cash grab" doesn't bother me at all. It just means I get more cashback from NatWest Rewards and when I switch companies after my fixed term ends, I'll get back any overpayments anyway.


    It is annoying though that Santander don't seem to offer cashback for Symbio Energy like NatWest does.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.