PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

2019 - A Clutter Free Life

Options

Comments

• aimeemum
    aimeemum Posts: 687 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Xmas Saver!
    Options
    Managed to get hubby to declutter a full bag of old engine parts from the bike he is breaking off my kitchen table and into the wheelie bin!! :D
    Changing my Family's Future!! - Starting again!!!!
    Current Progress -
    Debt - Start date 31/8/22 = £7,252.78
    Savings 31/8/22 - £0
    plus £1000 EF - £0/£1000 = 0%
  • Fire_Fox
    Fire_Fox Posts: 26,026 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thank you for cheerleading Mrs Salad Dodger. :kisses3:

No further decluttering to report. Procrastinated by deep cleaning my hall, but became bored with that as well ... :o Threw all the cloths/ pads and my scruffs in the washing machine, so I can start procrastinating afresh another day. :p
    Declutterbug-in-progress.⭐️⭐️⭐️ ⭐️⭐️
  • bit_by_bit
    bit_by_bit Posts: 1,155 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    MadamMim2013: Sorry to hear of your troubles. I went through a period in my life where the Police were knocking virtually every week for something one or the other DS's had done. DH decluttered Son no 1 for continuously stealing. It was a tough time and now he is settled with a wife and is honest.

The other one is living with me again after leaving home. If he is up to anything he is good at hiding it.

All the best and I hope it doesn't come to the decluttering of your son, but if it does I am sure you will have tried everything. Hugs

bbb
    Wife, mother, gardener, nurse, Big C survivor. Officially retired at 55 2021 [/b][/b].Mortgage free April 2021Challenges 2024: Decluttering Campaign 32/100 bags plus 0 large items. Make £2024 in 2024#8 £0/£2024 Using my craft stash 0/52 Reading books 0/52 Donations for the CS/washing done from others (in and outs) in 2024 x 10 bags and 0 large items.
  • MadamMim2013
    Options
    bit_by_bit wrote: »
    MadamMim2013: Sorry to hear of your troubles. I went through a period in my life where the Police were knocking virtually every week for something one or the other DS's had done. DH decluttered Son no 1 for continuously stealing. It was a tough time and now he is settled with a wife and is honest.

The other one is living with me again after leaving home. If he is up to anything he is good at hiding it.

All the best and I hope it doesn't come to the decluttering of your son, but if it does I am sure you will have tried everything. Hugs

bbb
    Thank you so much for this.. It can feel so lonely when dealing with it all, I’m just ashamed that DS2 behaves in this way.. He has some difficulties with his emotions and isn’t always particularly mature (though he can be) yet at 15 he does know what’s right..
    I know I am a good parent, DS1 is on his 3rd year of college, has a job, gf and is kind, respectful, etc.. So it does annoy me when people generalise that its always the parents doing when a teen behaves badly.. It’s not..
    Thanks again.. I shall continue to persevere and know that things can and DO get better!
    "There's a little witch in all of us"🥰
    DEBT FREE 06/2018
    MrsSD 2023 Decluttering Campaign:
    🏅⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • chupachups4
    Options
    176: 1 item sold, 8 euros in the travel pot

listed another 11 items
    1st goal: 0/936 euros
    2nd goal: 0/15160 euros
  • Barny1979
    Barny1979 Posts: 7,921 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Barny1979 wrote: »
    20-21. Two carpets cut up and taken to the tip

22. Another carpet taken to the tip
  • Gem-gem
    Gem-gem Posts: 4,401 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Hubby and I have been cat sitting (me at weekends) at my mums so decluttering has slowed down.

28. Have been making lots of cards. Using up old bits. Bits gone into the bin that cannot be saved / used.
    29. Finished two more books and passed them on to a friend of hubby.
    30. Bagged up another £30 worth of books / DVDs for WE BUY BOOKS.
    31. Unwanted mail into the bin.
    32. Plastic recycled as necessary.
    Save 12K in 2026 no 16
    Fashion on a ration 0/66 coupons
  • pixielottie
    Options
    I have a strange feeling I never posted the last post I came in and wrote :( I tend to get this page up and write them down as I go, it helps keep me motivated, a bit like ticking off a to do list - but then I got distracted and shut the laptop without hitting send :/ oops!

I've not done much this week it's been a really really tough week mental health wise, which isn't something I've struggled with in about 10 years so that's thrown everything off completely >.<

158 - 163 - lipsticks (yep still chipping away at them...)
    164 - 169 - out of date teas I have too much tea...
    170 - 172 - old hair dyes used up
    173 - face mask to the boyfriend
    174 - birthday chocolates finished! (My birthday was May!!!!)

I have a day at home tomorrow so I think I'm going to try and locate the shelf I took out of my bookcase, it should fit back in since I got rid of so many DVD's. I think I'll use it as another shelf for art stuff and then it's tackle the desk time.... wish me luck! My desk is embarrassing... I've not used it in a year >.<
    anything's possible if you've got enough nerve
    :happyhear
    (Decluttering - 185/2019 //£'s saved - £32.41 /2019 // Lbs lost - 42/102 )
  • Cherryfudge
    Cherryfudge Posts: 10,047 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    This will sound a lot more than it actually is, but as I've been working on clearing Mum's old house, then had an onslaught on the out-of-dates in the medicine cabinet at home, 62 items have gone since I last posted here.

I love reading all the decluttering adventures so I hope to catch up, at least in part, but there are something like 165 posts since I was last here and I struggle to get internet at the old house so all my favourite threads get neglected. I suppose there's some small compensation in that I actually get rid of things rather than just reading about other people doing so :D.
    I think a bit of sunshine is good for frugal living. (Cranky40)
    The sun's been out and I think I’m solar powered (Onebrokelady)

Fashion on the Ration challenge, 2024: Trainers 5 coupons. 5/68
    20.5 coupons used in 2020. 62.5 used in 2021. 94.5 remaining as of 21/3/22
  • Happy_Kitties
    Happy_Kitties Posts: 1,615 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 9 February 2019 at 12:19PM
    Options
    110 -another padded envelope used
    111 - sales booklet into recycling. (Did cut the cover up to add extra protection for the item in the padded
    envelope above)
    112-113 -items finally dropped off at CS

No doubt will add more to the list later. Struggling to get posted as the cat is being very demanding :)
    Decluttering challenge 2023🏅⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ 
    Decluttering challenge 2024 🏅⭐️
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family