edited 23 October 2014 at 10:23AM in Energy
This is a feedback thread on energy supplier
M&S Energy

Please share your experience with other MoneySavers. Click reply to take part
  • Did you switch go smoothly?
  • Have you had problems since?
  • Is it easy to contact?
The feedback comes as part of the

Click reply below to discuss. If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply. If you aren’t sure how it all works, watch our New to Forum? Intro Guide.
Click reply below to discuss. If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply. If you aren’t sure how it all works, watch our New to Forum? Intro Guide.

Comments

• Ziggy_Stardust
    Options
    Oops no feedback on M&S Energy?
  • Wywth
    Wywth Posts: 5,079 Forumite
    Options
    Oops no feedback on M&S Energy?

As M&S energy is supplied by SSE, I suggest you look at feedback for them ... if you are at all interested ;)
  • jamesperrett
    jamesperrett Posts: 1,009 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    It seems that the Cheap Energy Club is showing M&S as the cheapest for a few people now - I just applied to switch yesterday. It will be interesting to see how well it goes. We were on SSE a few years ago with no problems - apart from higher prices.
  • Ziggy_Stardust
    Options
    Wywth wrote: »
    As M&S energy is supplied by SSE, I suggest you look at feedback for them ... if you are at all interested ;)

Thanks I shall do that :)
    It seems that the Cheap Energy Club is showing M&S as the cheapest for a few people now - I just applied to switch yesterday. It will be interesting to see how well it goes. We were on SSE a few years ago with no problems - apart from higher prices.

I was with SSE about 6 years ago and they were good, hope they've kept up their good service. M&S were the cheapest for me on a search too, my current fixed finishes 31st October so I guess I need to be sorting it in the next week or two, hope all goes well for you :)
  • Wywth
    Options
    Thanks I shall do that :)

I was with SSE about 6 years ago and they were good, hope they've kept up their good service. M&S were the cheapest for me on a search too, my current fixed finishes 31st October so I guess I need to be sorting it in the next week or two, hope all goes well for you :)

You've almost 2 months before you need to be considering switching, by which time who knows what will be available?
  • Ziggy_Stardust
    Options
    Wywth wrote: »
    You've almost 2 months before you need to be considering switching, by which time who knows what will be available?

Thanks, I thought it took about 6 weeks to set up?
  • Wywth
    Options
    Thanks, I thought it took about 6 weeks to set up?

It can take as little as 3 weeks, but typically takes 4-6 weeks.

But 3 weeks, 4 weeks or 6 weeks plus a 'week or two' does not get you to 1st November ;)
  • Ziggy_Stardust
    Options
    Oops so I have :o, nothing wrong with being prepared though :rotfl:
  • merlin1
    merlin1 Posts: 715 Forumite
    Options
    Hi, I have just gone through the comparison and M&S came up cheaper for me too so I have decided to switch. I'm switching from scottish power where I currently have a credit balance of £50 (plus this months payment still to leave my account) and switching 'should' save me around £10 per month and is fixed until sept 2014.

I'll update as the process goes on :)
  • b-e-c-k-y100
    Options
    Hi,

M&S came up the cheapest for me too and I would like to change to them. I currently have a £300 credit balance with Eon though... what happens to this??
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure