Rambling on...

Options

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    Morning Uncanny,

That's fantastic that things are moving in the right direction work wise and that you've a great boss, wish all bosses were like yours.

Glad you had a lovely break in the lakes.

Have a great day xx
  • UncannyScot
    UncannyScot Posts: 2,070 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    I'm a little confused this evening folks :o

I've been discharged from Bankruptcy and have just received details / summary of the progress of my sequestration of which I have a further 3 years to go via a monthly Debt Contribution Order (DCO).

The details of my debts as listed by the trustee / IP are different from those that I provided when I made my application, although I understand that as they investigated my case they may have found other debts which I had forgotten.

Also, it appears that a lot of my creditors haven't even replied to the trustee regarding their claims and he has made specific requests to them in the report to respond. What happens in the event that they do not respond?

Should I contact the trustee to ask what's going on or leave them to it?
    Sorry folks, having a bit of a wobble over this...
    Bestie and his missus advise letting the Trustee get on with it as they know what they're doing.
    GF advises same.
    When I ask the dug for her advice she licks my face, wags her tail and gives me a paw...

They say that I wouldn't have been discharged if there were any problems and that I'm just fretting for nothing.
    So, good folks of the MSE Community, my DFW Sisters and Brothers, what do you all think?
    BUGGRITMILLENIUMHANDANDSHRIMP I TOLD EM! - Foul Ole Ron
    It is important that we know where we come from, because if you do not know where you come from, then you do not know where you are, and if you don't know where you are, then you don't know where you are going. If you don't know where you're going, you're probably going wrong.
    R.I.P. T.P.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,496 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Leave it to the trusteees.
    They are the experts.
    Good news on your discharge.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Eager_Elephant
    Options
    The debt details will be different as a lot of the larger banks use Insolvency Companies to process the bankruptcies and deal with all the paperwork so the debt is then listed under the Insolvency Companies name and not your original creditor.

The reason some haven't replied is either because the debts have been sold on and they cant be bothered to let either the OR know or the new company know.
    Some don't bother responding as in most bankruptcies they don't see anything back so why would they?

If they do not respond they still get a share of the pot - I expect once they know there is a pot of money they would be more likely to engage with the OR as it would be with their time.

So I will side with everyone else and just say 'leave it to the Trustee' and enjoy your new debt free life with a lovely lady'
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    I don't know about bankruptcy I'm afraid but I agree with everyone else, let them deal with it.

Good luck with your discharge :D x
  • Toni'sfriend
    Toni'sfriend Posts: 4,036 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I don't know anything about it either but I'd be inclined to let the Trustee get on with it. If there was a problem I'm sure the Trustee would have told you.
    Have adventures. laugh a lot and always be kind.
  • UncannyScot
    Options
    Morning Folks :D

Thanks for everyone's input, seems everyone agrees to let the trustee deal with it. Apparently it is very common for the trustee not to hear anything until later in the process (as EE suggests, once they know there is a pot of money to be shared out...)
    So, I am going to heed the advice and let the trustee get on with managing things.

Have a lovely Friday and weekend everyone
    :A
    It is important that we know where we come from, because if you do not know where you come from, then you do not know where you are, and if you don't know where you are, then you don't know where you are going. If you don't know where you're going, you're probably going wrong.
    R.I.P. T.P.
  • UncannyScot
    Options
    Quick wee update :D

Trustee actually contacted me today to ask if I had received their summary report for this year...
    I therefore asked about the things that had been bothering me. Their reply, no need to worry, everything is in hand and it's not unusual for them to hear nothing from creditors. The DCO funds still get shared out once everything has been gathered in.
    So, you folks were right, nowt to be concerned about and the trustee is indeed good at their job :D
    Happy days
    :A
    R.I.P. T.P.
  • WannabeFree
    WannabeFree Posts: 4,438 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Glad you spoke to them.

Hope you have a lovely weekend

x
    “Once you hit rock bottom, that's where you perfectly stand; That's your chance of restarting, but restarting the way.”
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,496 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Glad you spoke to them.

Hope you have a lovely weekend

x

From me too.
    You can relax & enjoy:D
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback