🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Rambling on...

Options

Comments

• Toni'sfriend
    Toni'sfriend Posts: 4,038 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    My wee mammy loves her flowers but she's not as able as she once was (would never admit that though
    Do they ever?
    I've got some mint and basil growing just now. They are really easy to root so I think I'll go out now and and take some cuttings.
    Have adventures. laugh a lot and always be kind.
  • UncannyScot
    UncannyScot Posts: 2,070 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Morning folks :D

I'm doon south on business.
    Hotel is lovely, I think the room is bigger than my entire flat :D

However, despite the bed being quite comfortable I've hardly slept... it was just so warm last night. I didn't use the covers, just folded down the duvet and lay without them. Think I managed a few hours but not a lot and have a very busy day today... first visit is at @9.30am and it will be sometime after 7 this evening before I get back to the hotel again. Going to need a lot of coffee today.

Hope everyone has a good one today and I'll try and get back on this evening as I wind down...
    :A
    BUGGRITMILLENIUMHANDANDSHRIMP I TOLD EM! - Foul Ole Ron
    It is important that we know where we come from, because if you do not know where you come from, then you do not know where you are, and if you don't know where you are, then you don't know where you are going. If you don't know where you're going, you're probably going wrong.
    R.I.P. T.P.
  • UncannyScot
    Options
    Morning Folks :D

Had a good business trip, despite lack of sleep.

This weekend has been good and nicely busy in MSE ways ;)
    Was out with my GF on Saturday and enjoyed a good hike with the dogs and then dinner in a local pub and beer garden :D
    Later on Saturday evening I was fortunate enough to get given an old tower PC and a lawnmower from a kind neighbour who no longer wanted/needed them :D
    The mower will defo do a turn for cutting the back green (once it grows in again)
    The tower PC, although old, had an excellent case, so I spent yesterday stripping it out and fitting in all the components of the desktop I was already using along with what was salvageable from the tower. Well pleased that I was able to do a full re-build and upgrade my existing set-up with no major problems and at no cost as well :money:
    The case is superb and I will be able to use it for further system upgrades for quite some time yet.

Hope everyone had a grand weekend
    It is important that we know where we come from, because if you do not know where you come from, then you do not know where you are, and if you don't know where you are, then you don't know where you are going. If you don't know where you're going, you're probably going wrong.
    R.I.P. T.P.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,751 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Glad you had a good weekend.
    Good news on the tower.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • UncannyScot
    Options
    Morning Folks :D

Busy as always.

Have been reading the Old Style Moneysaving boards and taking notes and copying recipes n stuff :D

Made a batch of breakfast bars to take to work along with my packed lunch... they taste great are easy to make and so much cheaper than shop bought in the long run.

Rambling onwards with things in general... all positive.

Borrowed the complete DVD boxset of FRINGE off my bestie and have been watching a couple of episodes of that of an evening.

All good in the hood as they say

Hope awbiddy is fine
    R.I.P. T.P.
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,597 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Glad all is good in your world :)
    I get knocked down but I get up again (Chumbawamba, Tubthumping)
  • UncannyScot
    Options
    Blimey o reilly, It's Friday again YAY

Well, been busy (aren't I always?)

Thankfully, I have a week off starting when i finish today :D

Mineself, the GF and the wee furries are orf adventurising in the far, far north and possibly doing some island hopping...

Hope everyone is doing grand and will try an update when I can :D
    R.I.P. T.P.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,751 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Happy holidays :D
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • RosaBernicia
    RosaBernicia Posts: 4,892 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    oooh wonderful - have a great time

Rosa xx
    Debt free May 2016... DFW#2 in progress
    Campervan paid off summer '21... MFW progress tbc
  • WannabeFree
    WannabeFree Posts: 4,438 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Have a lovely time

Thank you for keep checking in with me

x
    “Once you hit rock bottom, that's where you perfectly stand; That's your chance of restarting, but restarting the way.”
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 8 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure